Beech duchess comments?

Old September 4th 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
.Blueskies.

Default Beech duchess comments? - Icing

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message news:EONKg.6848$SZ3.627@dukeread04...
: The STC only shows that the airplane still flies OK. Old
: FAA rules did not require a placard "Flight in icing
: conditions prohibited" so those airplanes with that placard
: limitation that get the full kit might be legal to fly under
: FAR91 into ** forecast ** ice.

Just a nit here...anyone can fly in an area of forecast icing...it is only after a PIREP that ice is actually there is
the known icing present and therefore operations in unapproved aircraft prohibited. Not talking about judgment here...

Old September 4th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Huck

Default Beech duchess comments?

Jeepers crow people!!!!
If you want to debate the package do your own friggin research. Please
this was a post trying to give a guy advise on what type of plane he
should be looking at and you two have just turned it into a ****ing
contest. It sounds like someone is fishing here anyway so watch your
remarks people. Now please get off this post and start a new one if you
feel it is necessary to continue this debate. Call tks so you dont have
to bother the guy with the 55 baron anymore. Tks will have all the info
you need.

Jim Macklin wrote:
I looked it up, did not see any reference to STC numbers. I
saw claims on a web site that has not been updated in nearly
3 years. But maybe there is more than one Flight Ice site?

In any case, it is the aircraft owner and the pilot who must
be sure they have the correct paperwork to do what the
salesman told /sold them.

The original post references Salina and the other company as
the STC holder. When I have more reasons to do more
research on retro-fit ice systems, I would certainly keep
TKS in mind. But there are other systems.

"Viperdoc" wrote in message
| Did you look up and search under Flight Ice? They have
locations in St.
| Louis Downtown airport and Florida. All Baron
installations are known ice
| and are not done in Salina by AS and T, but are done in by
Flight Ice. Their

Old September 4th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_1_]

You're absolutely right- my original post regarded the choice of a twin
versus a single. I was only trying to be helpful regarding the questions
about icing, and ended up being challenged and flamed.

Some drift from the OP is expected, but I should have just not responded.

Old September 4th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

Just a nit here...anyone can fly in an area of forecast icing...it is only after a PIREP that ice is actually there is
the known icing present and therefore operations in unapproved aircraft prohibited.

Not true. Most emphatically not true.

Forecast icing is considered by the FAA to be known icing. There was a
case about it. Google it.

Jose
--
The monkey turns the crank and thinks he's making the music.
Old September 4th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Aluckyguess[_1_]

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 14:23:28 -0700, "Aluckyguess"
wrote:

I wish my cherokee 180 would do 160 Knots. I would put a garmin 430 and
an
s-tec in it and call it good.

I feel the same for my Sundowner.

But then it would be a Bonanza!

I flew a Sport 10 years ago it was a very nice plane but slow and only had
two seats.

Old September 4th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

The Sundowner has 4 seats and is still slow. They did make
a Musketeer Super a long time ago, fixed gear 200 hp, C/S
prop and 4 big and 2 small seats.

Old September 4th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Ronnie

I'm also happy to provide details about our Aztec if
you want to consider an Aztec instead of the Duchess.

Ronnie

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
I'll echo Matt's post.

I'll also be happy to tell you why we turned in our leased 182RG, bought
an Aztec and are willing to pay $250 per hour to operate it. I can give
you our current insurance rates and pilot times as well as reasons that we
chose the Aztec over other twins. I can also tell you what we had to do
to get rated and qualified for the insurance.

The groups have heard my story before and I'm sure they don't need a nap.
Jim
CFI/CFII/MEI

Feel free to email me... remove the nospams