Missing from the FAA database now

Old May 28th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Missing from the FAA database now

"Peter Duniho" wrote

Of course (to bring this back to aviation), the TSA has avoided all of
these issues by relying on just a name. After all, a person's name is
unique, right? It makes perfect sense to deny boarding or otherwise
subject a person to increased scrutiny and invasive searches if their name
shows up on a list provided by other government officials. And I'm sure
that a name never shows up on that list as a result of data that's been
aggregated by all those innocent sources you're referring to.

Right?

I wish. My name is on some kind of list, that will not allow me to get self
check in boarding passes. I have to go through the agent.

To get off the list, I have to fill out a form, and have notarized copies of
my birth certificate, driver's license, and a couple other things I can't
remember right now.

PITA, if you ask me.
--
Jim in NC

Old May 28th 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Morgans" wrote in message
[...] And I'm sure that a name never shows up on that list as a result
of data that's been aggregated by all those innocent sources you're
referring to.

Right?

I wish.

I was being sarcastic, in case you couldn't tell.

Your situation is a perfect example of why the American public should *very*
cautious about how they allow people, including the government, to
accumulate personal data and use it.

Pete

Old May 28th 06, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message ...
".Blueskies." wrote in message
. net...
The permission is usually in the form of the applicant's signature on the application form with all the fine
print....

That's right. The fine print grants explicit permission, not implicit (as you claimed).

Sounds good to me.

Old May 28th 06, 01:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message ...
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message oups.com...
I do find it pretty sadly ironic that all the computerized/automated
stuff we all dreamed of in the 1960s is perceived by a small (but
vocal) minority who believe them to be threat to our privacy.

It's only a "small minority" because the number of people who actually stop to think about the issue (or any issue,
for that matter) is small. The main reason most people don't care is because they have much more immediate issues to
deal with, such as putting food on the table.

That doesn't mean it's not a legitimate issue.

....snip...

Right?

Pete

The biggest problem from my point of view is that more folks know and care about who the Amerikan Idol is!

Old May 28th 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Steve Foley wrote:
If you want to hire me as a limo driver, I have to request a copy of my
driving from the RMV. You also need my permission to do a criminal
background check or credit check on me. It should work the same way for
pilots.

Ok but what or who is "the RMV?"

Old June 2nd 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Ron Natalie wrote:
Chris Ehlbeck wrote:
My Dad went to show a friend of his the FAA database and that his son
is a pilot. It didn't find me so he called me.

No, it means that the FAA is finally complying with the LAW!

I am no longer listed. The public has no business
knowing what ratings I have, when my medical expires,
and the nature of any restrictions to my medical
certificate (this I found particularly annoying for
the several years that I was operating under a special
issuance).

When was the last time you looked?
I just did a query and found Ronald Bruce Natalie, Jr.
I also seemed to remember in years past you mentioned being an amateur
radio operator, went to a call sign database and had no trouble finding
an address. You have more to worry about than just the FAA.

Kris
Old June 5th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Kris Kortokrax wrote:

When was the last time you looked?
I just did a query and found Ronald Bruce Natalie, Jr.
I also seemed to remember in years past you mentioned being an amateur
radio operator, went to a call sign database and had no trouble finding
an address. You have more to worry about than just the FAA.

The address was not the part I was concerned about. As a matter
of fact if you look me up in the phone book or in the FAA database
by my plane's N number you'll find it.

I find it particularly objectionable to have details of my medical
status available for the world to exploit.