6 reported slain at Lockheed Martin facility in Mississippi

Old July 14th 03, 07:55 PM
skygodtj

Tarver Engineering wrote:

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in
:

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Tarver Engineering" wrote in
:

"skygodtj" wrote in message

snip

To put out the fires after your posts crash and burn.

I didn't know America West doesn't use the data link.
would
have
thought they would operate their 757s in the safest way
possible.

And just how does that make an airplane safer you
fjuckwit?

Technology has been a key factor in reducing aircraft
accidents.
The
sock
from America West operates without some of that automation,
the
very
backbone of the Type. Skygod's lack of knowledge of the
757 led
his
losing control and becomming violent; a sure sign of a
lune.

KEYBOARD!!

Glad to educate you, skylune.

Now, as to those high risk pilots your airline employs ...

less riskier then letting YOU work on anything we fly

America West really ought to get their technology up to date.

What we got suits us just fine.

America West should at lest educate their pilots, as to the major
systems for the 757. That way they won't give up the Airline for
operating the type in a less safe manor.

Oh please do go on, Splaps boy.

Bertie

And what MANOR would that be? Stately Wayne Manor? Tara? To be taken
seriously, you have to be educated...

Then you failed TG, as your education WRT the 757 is lacking ahe major
systems difference, for the type.

I've been typed since June 25, 1996. I think even you can do the math how long
that is.

and the MANNER in which we operate is
considered by many to be as safe as any other major airline. While SW has

put
no less than - 4 - airlines into the lights at the end of runways, we've

had 1.

Non-sequitur.

Only to you.

And as the ONLY post-dereg airline to make it to 20yr anniversary, I'd say

we've
been doing things just right. Funny, so does Washington...

I'm sure America West meets the minimum standards, it would just be better
for the public to avoid thier less safe 757s.

John P. Tarver, MS/PE

HARHARHAR, just too bad we are bad enough to have one of the best safety
records.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Old July 14th 03, 07:59 PM
Tarver Engineering

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

It is the data link that had me thinking TG was not a 757 pilot.

Who is TG? Tell us smart guy, what is this data link you keep professing?

Oh, TJ.

You might want to look up the fourth generation VDL4, as that is where it is
hoped that ICAO will adopt the VHF digital radio standard. The 757 is the
demonstration vehicle for the data link. Large airlines like American use
the data link to program their FMS systems and pass written messages to the
crew. A similar system was demonstrated for aging DC-9-83s in conjunction
with LAAS at Continental.

In this way, operator error was eliminated for the 757 type almost
completely and there were 18 years of completely safe operation.

John P. Tarver, MS/PE

Old July 14th 03, 08:19 PM
skygodtj

Tarver Engineering wrote:

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

It is the data link that had me thinking TG was not a 757 pilot.

Who is TG? Tell us smart guy, what is this data link you keep professing?

Oh, TJ.

You might want to look up the fourth generation VDL4, as that is where it is
hoped that ICAO will adopt the VHF digital radio standard. The 757 is the
demonstration vehicle for the data link. Large airlines like American use
the data link to program their FMS systems and pass written messages to the
crew. A similar system was demonstrated for aging DC-9-83s in conjunction
with LAAS at Continental.

Ah, so the fact that we type in routings makes us unsafe? Canned routes stored
IN the FMC would be grouped in the same way as being unsafe huh?

Large airlines like Ameriflot are PARKING airplanes and firing employees(all
TWA, but thats another thread).

Of course you wouldnt know this, but we HAVE ACARS, have HAD ACARS and USED
ACARS for the last two years on ALL our airplanes, 37's, 57's and the Bus's.

What YOU call data link is called ACARS by everyone else, but then you invented
splaps and negative lift so I guess thats ok, you can call it whatever you want,
just dont expect anyone else to know WTF you're talking about.

In this way, operator error was eliminated for the 757 type almost
completely and there were 18 years of completely safe operation.

So Ameriflot NEVER had any accidents for 18 years? Hmm, we'll we're running a
close 1st with ZERO fatalities in 20yrs. But wait, we've only been in business
for that long so I guess that makes 100% fatality free years.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Old July 14th 03, 08:28 PM
Tarver Engineering

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

[...]

I did not wrote the word "unsafe" TJ.

Large airlines like Ameriflot are PARKING airplanes and firing

employees(all
TWA, but thats another thread).

TWA employees have a lot of bad karma.

Of course you wouldnt know this, but we HAVE ACARS, have HAD ACARS and

USED
ACARS for the last two years on ALL our airplanes, 37's, 57's and the

Bus's.

But TJ, you went into great detail about how America West doesn't use the
data link!!

What YOU call data link is called ACARS by everyone else, but then you

invented
splaps and negative lift so I guess thats ok, you can call it whatever you

want,
just dont expect anyone else to know WTF you're talking about.

I am pleased you have come around to admit that you were wrong.

In this way, operator error was eliminated for the 757 type almost
completely and there were 18 years of completely safe operation.

So Ameriflot NEVER had any accidents for 18 years?

No 757 airframes were lost by anyone in that time. The development and
deployment of the data link provided safety, right up until a Service
Bulletin was ignored and the foreign NOTAM came off 180 days later.

Hmm, we'll we're running a
close 1st with ZERO fatalities in 20yrs. But wait, we've only been in

business
for that long so I guess that makes 100% fatality free years.

I still go with 2 zeros since 1997, as the adding of a fatality back in was
probably political. Those numbers are driven by automation and hand flying
is for hobyists.

John P. Tarver, MS/PE

Old July 14th 03, 08:32 PM
Bertie the Bunyip

"skygodtj" wrote in message

snip

To put out the fires after your posts crash and burn.

I didn't know America West doesn't use the data link. I
would have thought they would operate their 757s in the
safest way possible.

And just how does that make an airplane safer you fjuckwit?

Technology has been a key factor in reducing aircraft accidents.
The
sock
from America West operates without some of that automation, the
very backbone of the Type. Skygod's lack of knowledge of the
757 led to his losing control and becomming violent; a sure sign
of a lune.

KEYBOARD!!

Glad to educate you, skylune.

Now, as to those high risk pilots your airline employs ...

Care to name names, fjuckwit?

One is dead.

Yeah, figures, attack someone who can't defend himself now.
Not that an attack from you woudl amount to much.

Didn't thnk so

Another is flying other high risk aircraft.

High risk aircraft?

I want to go with a boring safe well equiped pilot, for transport
operations. Not some hot rod like TG, that wants to hand fly the
airplane; that kind of thing is for hobyists.

Bwawhahwhahwhahwhahwhahhwhahw!

Ever seen an autopilot go berserk fjuckwit?

I have.

Bertie
Old July 14th 03, 08:34 PM
Bertie the Bunyip

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"skygodtj" wrote in message

[...]

Bwawahwhahwhhahwhahwhahwhahhwhahwhahhwhahwhah!

And what,pray tell, shoudl they add, splaps boy?

The data link.

It is the data link that had me thinking TG was not a 757 pilot.

Yeah, and how, exaclty, does that make flying an airplane safer, fjuckwit?

Go on.

Oh yeh, how's the wife? Bwawhahwhahwhhahwhahwhah!

Bertie
Old July 14th 03, 08:39 PM
Bertie the Bunyip

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

It is the data link that had me thinking TG was not a 757 pilot.

Who is TG? Tell us smart guy, what is this data link you keep
professing?

Oh, TJ.

You might want to look up the fourth generation VDL4, as that is where
it is hoped that ICAO will adopt the VHF digital radio standard. The
757 is the demonstration vehicle for the data link. Large airlines
like American use the data link to program their FMS systems and pass
written messages to the crew. A similar system was demonstrated for
aging DC-9-83s in conjunction with LAAS at Continental.

Oh yeah! that will be a big step forward in making an airplane safer.

What a fjuckwit.

In this way, operator error was eliminated for the 757 type almost
completely and there were 18 years of completely safe operation.

Bwawhahwhahwhahwhahwhahwhahwhahwhahhwhahwhahwhahwh ahwhahwhahwhhahwhahwhahwh
ahwhhahwhahhwhahwhahwhhahwhh!

Bertie

Old July 14th 03, 08:40 PM
Bertie the Bunyip

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"skygodtj" wrote in message

[...]

You still haven't told us how advanced ACARS makes an airplane safer splaps
boy.

Could it be that you don't know WTF you are talking about?

Bertie
Old July 14th 03, 08:44 PM
skygodtj

Tarver Engineering wrote:

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

[...]

LESS SAFE. Means less THAN SAFE. Either the operation is safe, or its less
safe. What did you mean then?

Large airlines like Ameriflot are PARKING airplanes and firing

employees(all
TWA, but thats another thread).

TWA employees have a lot of bad karma.

Of course you wouldnt know this, but we HAVE ACARS, have HAD ACARS and

USED
ACARS for the last two years on ALL our airplanes, 37's, 57's and the

Bus's.

But TJ, you went into great detail about how America West doesn't use the
data link!!

Hey Mumbles, what you call data link everyone else calls ACARS, IF you had said
ACARS, then I wouldve told you. We dont use data link, we use ACARS.

What YOU call data link is called ACARS by everyone else, but then you

invented
splaps and negative lift so I guess thats ok, you can call it whatever you

want,
just dont expect anyone else to know WTF you're talking about.

I am pleased you have come around to admit that you were wrong.

Wrong? How am I wrong? If you had called it rf relayed digital information I
would have said no. The World NOW knows what you are talking about is ACARS.
The term is ACARS. Not data link. Your rose by any another name is not a rose.

In this way, operator error was eliminated for the 757 type almost
completely and there were 18 years of completely safe operation.

So Ameriflot NEVER had any accidents for 18 years?

No 757 airframes were lost by anyone in that time. The development and
deployment of the data link provided safety, right up until a Service
Bulletin was ignored and the foreign NOTAM came off 180 days later.

whatever you say splappy

Hmm, we'll we're running a
close 1st with ZERO fatalities in 20yrs. But wait, we've only been in

business
for that long so I guess that makes 100% fatality free years.

I still go with 2 zeros since 1997, as the adding of a fatality back in was
probably political. Those numbers are driven by automation and hand flying
is for hobyists.

20 fatality-free years... yeah, just too bad it more of a better life than
you'll ever know.

John P. Tarver, MS/PE

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Old July 14th 03, 08:47 PM
Tarver Engineering

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

"skygodtj" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

[...]

Your apology is accepted again. See how easy that worked out?

Keep in mind in the future that ACARS is just one unit in an entire system,
where a portion of it is ground based (ie VDL), and part of it is Satellite
based. (Inmarsat) The ACARS is just a router switch and not the system
itself.

John P. Tarver, MS/PE