Small twin about to land gear up

Old May 21st 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Flyin'[email protected]

Default Small twin about to land gear up

As for them being "just animals", they can provide one heck of a lot of
companionship and enrichment to one's life just the same. I guess what
you don't know you don't miss.

But I do know... I had a dog for 12 years, and it certainly did suck when
he died. In addition, I've had many cats throughout the years. So I do
know. Frankly, I do not miss having animals and the extra work that is
associated with them. None the less, I would not classify me as a dog
person. But hey, if a dog likes flying it can't be half bad. ;-)

--
Mike Flyin'8
PP-ASEL
Old May 21st 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Flyin'[email protected]

True, but that's not why "it's only a dog" is objectionalbe. It's
because the emphasis is not on "dog" but on "only".

So now I guess my dog comments took us WAY off topic..,

I want to take this opportunity to clarify my original post. When I said
"Only a Dog" it was meant to be in the perspective of "just below human".
As I read your sentence, I interpret the "only a dog" comment as being read
as "on par with garbage." That is truely not my intent of the original
comment. I would never discard someones pet as such. However, at the same
time, it is not a human life.

So... Anyway... To each his own I guess, I will just not ever understand.

Old May 22nd 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Sylvain

wrote:

"Only a Dog" it was meant to be in the perspective of "just below human".

it could be argued though that any species alive today has just as
successfully as the next passed the natural selection process that
brought us all here, and thus is neither below nor above any other
similarly successful species. Dinosaurs are dead, and therefore
were not as good as us, we won, they lost, at the only game that
matters. On the other hand, dogs, ants, amoebas, jelly fishes, etc.
and ourselves have an equal claim to success :-); actually, as far
as dogs and humans are concerned, one found a way to get fed and cared
for by the other one, for free... all depends on how you define
superiority or success :-) but I am digressing here quite a bit.

--Sylvain
Old May 22nd 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike 'Flyin'8'

it could be argued though that any species alive today has just as
successfully as the next passed the natural selection process that
brought us all here, and thus is neither below nor above any other
similarly successful species. Dinosaurs are dead, and therefore
were not as good as us, we won, they lost, at the only game that
matters. On the other hand, dogs, ants, amoebas, jelly fishes, etc.
and ourselves have an equal claim to success :-); actually, as far
as dogs and humans are concerned, one found a way to get fed and cared
for by the other one, for free... all depends on how you define
superiority or success :-) but I am digressing here quite a bit.

And that says it all right there. I may need to rethink my pecking
order based upon your thoughts here. Makes you wonder who is really
at the top, don't it? :-)

Mike Alexander
PP-ASEL
Temecula, CA
See my online aerial photo album at
http://flying.4alexanders.com
Old May 22nd 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

Makes you wonder who is really
at the top, don't it? :-)

The expression "top dog" ain't for nuthin'.

Jose
--
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those that just want to
know what button to push, and those that want to know what happens when
Old May 22nd 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Morgans[_2_]

wrote

But hey, if a dog likes flying it can't be half bad. ;-)

I had one of those rare, super smart, obedient, loyal, easy-going dogs that
went everywhere with me, including riding the motorcycle for long distances
on the road.

Although she has been gone for many years, I'm sure she would love riding
airplanes.
--
Jim in NC

Old May 22nd 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Sylvain" wrote

seriously though: when you carry a dog -- the larger kind -- what kind
of restraint do you use (if any)?

A harness (not a collar) and a short leash tied off to a seat leg, or
seatbelt will do well to give the animal some room to move and get
comfortable, without flying around the cabin.
--
Jim in NC

Old May 22nd 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Shirl

:
But I do know... I had a dog for 12 years, and it certainly did suck when
he died. In addition, I've had many cats throughout the years. So I do
know. Frankly, I do not miss having animals and the extra work that is
associated with them. None the less, I would not classify me as a dog
person. But hey, if a dog likes flying it can't be half bad. ;-)

Cleaning up after (the "extra work") your spouse and kids gets old too,
but ya love 'em having them around just the same. On occasion, the dog
has even been known, by some, to be better company.
;-)
Old May 22nd 07, 01:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Maxwell

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...

In fact treating a dog as a person can be quite stressful on the dog.
Dogs have different ideas about social behavior and hierarchy and
trying to force them to live in a way that humans like to live is a
serious disservice to the animal. People who put clothes on their dogs
require psychological help.

Agreed!

I'm a firm beleiver that dogs (and most other animals) are people too, but
should still be treated per their respective needs. You have to let dogs be
dogs, just as kids will be kids, easly on the specific expectations. Room to
excercise is also just as important, and etc, etc.

Clothing only when it benefits and does not irritate the dog.

Old May 22nd 07, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
BT

do you have your filter set to short?
I got it all.. 12 hrs later

BT

"gatt" wrote in message

Is it just me, or didn't anyone else not get CJs original message here?

Me either. I only saw the reply.

-c