I give up, after many, many years!

Old May 19th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
gatt[_3_]

Default I give up, after many, many years!

Mxsmanic wrote:
Le Chaud Lapin writes:

If experienced pilots, especially in real life, would adopt this
attitude, young pilots would be more inclined to finish flight
training, I think.

The problem is that the vast majority of pilots aren't even remotely "giants
in their field."

And you aren't even remotely in their field at all. But a lot of them
are in yours.

Glad we could clear that up.

-c
Commercial/Instrument Pilot, Ground Instructor, MSFS enthusiast.
Old May 19th 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
gatt[_3_]

wrote:
On May 18, 3:10 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

What's the tail number of your aircraft, so I can recognize it in the NTSB
report?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N1943L

So, what's the tail number of your aircraft, Anthony?

-c
Old May 19th 08, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
gatt[_3_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
A Lieberman writes:

Yep, go ahead, try leveling off with an AI ERRONEOUSLY showing a 20
pitch up. Go ahead and trust that instrument.

The AI is the most reliable instrument on most aircraft, after the magnetic
compass. And of course you'll want two, just in case one fails, for IFR.

HAHAAA!!! Even the aircraft in Flight Simulator don't have redundant
AIs and compasses.

Now he's simply flailing.

-c
Old May 20th 08, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

gatt writes:

Once again you're totally clueless. Your Directional Gyro is vacuum
driven. If you only needed electric instruments to fly, your primary
instruments wouldn't be pitot-static. If you have an electrical
problem, bus failure or inflight fire, you might lose all your
electrical instruments.

You think it terms of tiny airplanes. You can drive instruments in other ways
besides with vacuum.

Only if you don't know how to use your radios and know which senses to
trust.

No. Radios or not, if you have no instruments in IMC, you're doomed. Your
radio will not help you, and you cannot trust your senses.

The problem likely happened while he was in flight. In the real world,
you don't get to hit "ALT" and fiddle with your settings until things works.

In the real world, you find the nearest available airport and land. It's very
dangerous to fly IFR without all instruments in good working order.

You ask questions just to contradict
literally everybody who answers them regardless of the experience they
have or the official sources they quote.

At least a few of the people here are going to learn the essential rules of
IFR the hard way. I will be gracious enough, however, to not say "I told you
so" to their surviving family members.
Old May 20th 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

gatt writes:

GRAVITY IS NOT A SENSATION.

So?

That's right. Instruments never fail, and gravity is prone to error.

Your physical sensations will fail on every single flight into IMC. The
instruments will not. Trust your instruments. If you cannot entrust your
life to your instruments, don't fly in IMC.
Old May 20th 08, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

gatt writes:

For example, I continue to name and quote the FAA Airplane Flying
Handbook, FAA-H-8083-3A, and you don't respond to those posts.
Meanwhile, you don't cite your sources, so I suspect that you are a liar.

If I cared nothing about others, I'd suggest that you go up and do some flying
in IMC to make me a liar.
Old May 20th 08, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

gatt writes:

If all of a sudden I feel like I weigh 500 pounds or an unbelted
passenger is floating around the cabin, odds are something isn't right.

Your instruments will tell you if something isn't right.
Old May 20th 08, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

gatt writes:

So, what's the tail number of your aircraft, Anthony?

I have several, but since I only use them in simulation, they won't appear in
an NTSB report (and some of them are already assigned to other aircraft in the
FAA database).
Old May 20th 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

gatt writes:

The power-is-altitude thing is an example. If you point a Cessna 172 or
a 747 straight at the ground and apply full power, there are a couple of
very obvious reasons why this will not result in a climb, and these can
even be demonstrated in a flight simulator.

Examine the trajectory and you will see that it's not a straight line.
Old May 20th 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

gatt writes:

HAHAAA!!! Even the aircraft in Flight Simulator don't have redundant
AIs and compasses.

Mine have back-up AIs and altimeters, and sometimes other back-ups, depending
on the aircraft.

DC-3 parts to give away Robert Little Restoration 2 November 23rd 06 03:30 AM
Who can give a checkout? Mark S Conway General Aviation 2 May 9th 05 12:15 AM
Winch give-away KP Soaring 6 January 11th 05 08:04 PM
Did you ever give up on an IR? No Such User Piloting 24 November 26th 03 02:45 PM
FS 2004 give away Ozzie M Simulators 0 November 23rd 03 03:50 PM