I give up, after many, many years!

Old May 20th 08, 02:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default I give up, after many, many years!

gatt writes:

Like what. What other things?

A climb. You cannot tell whether you are climbing or turning based on
sensations alone in IMC. You might be in a coordinated turn, or you might be
in an accelerating climb.

Additionally, your body will only sense the beginning of a change in
acceleration, and only if it exceeds a certain threshold. You cannot tell how
much you are accelerating based on sensation alone, nor can you accurately
gauge the exact magnitude of the acceleration.
Old May 20th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

gatt writes:

DON'T CONTRADICT ME. I FLY PLANES AND YOU PLAY VIDEO GAMES. IF YOU
DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "GRAVITY" AND A "SENSATION", THEN GO
JUMP OFF A BRIDGE.

Sounds like an epitaph. Be careful up there.

I QUOTED YOU THE LITERATURE. SPECIFICALLY, FAA-H-8083-3A: IE, The
Federal Aviation Administration Airplane Flying Handbook, chapter 3, page 2.

I've read the literature, thanks.

The FAA knows a whole hell of a lot more about flying than you,
regardless of what you claim you've read.

No doubt. But I'm not debating this with the FAA.
Old May 20th 08, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

gatt writes:

GRAVITY IS NOT A SENSATION.

So?

That's right. Instruments never fail, and gravity is prone to error.

Your physical sensations will fail on every single flight into IMC

Nope, wrong, fjukkwit.

Bertie
Old May 20th 08, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
news
gatt writes:

For example, I continue to name and quote the FAA Airplane Flying
Handbook, FAA-H-8083-3A, and you don't respond to those posts.
Meanwhile, you don't cite your sources, so I suspect that you are a
liar.

If I cared nothing about others, I'd suggest that you go up and do
some flying in IMC to make me a liar.

I have, you are.

Bertie
Old May 20th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

gatt writes:

If all of a sudden I feel like I weigh 500 pounds or an unbelted
passenger is floating around the cabin, odds are something isn't right.

Your instruments will tell you if something isn't right.

Not always. Though to be fair my bull****ometer is through the red line.

Bertie
Old May 20th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

gatt writes:

So, what's the tail number of your aircraft, Anthony?

I have several,

No you don't.

Bertie
Old May 20th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

gatt writes:

The power-is-altitude thing is an example. If you point a Cessna 172
or a 747 straight at the ground and apply full power, there are a
couple of very obvious reasons why this will not result in a climb,
and these can even be demonstrated in a flight simulator.

Examine the trajectory and you will see that it's not a straight line.

Wrong again.

Bertie
Old May 20th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

gatt writes:

HAHAAA!!! Even the aircraft in Flight Simulator don't have
redundant AIs and compasses.

Mine have back-up AIs and altimeters, and sometimes other back-ups,
depending on the aircraft.

No it doesn;t it doesnt have anything. it's not an airplane.

Bertie
Old May 20th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

gatt writes:

Like what. What other things?

A climb. You cannot tell whether you are climbing or turning based on
sensations alone in IMC. You might be in a coordinated turn, or you
might be in an accelerating climb.

You are an idiot.

Bertie
Old May 20th 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Ken S. Tucker

On May 19, 6:16 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
No. Radios or not, if you have no instruments in IMC, you're doomed. Your
radio will not help you, and you cannot trust your senses.

I disagee. If all Instruments go dead, go to
magnetic compass for heading, even in a fog, that's
SOP. Maintaining altitude is "seat of pants" thing, so
what? Set cruise RPM and feel airspeed.
Ken

DC-3 parts to give away Robert Little Restoration 2 November 23rd 06 03:30 AM
Who can give a checkout? Mark S Conway General Aviation 2 May 9th 05 12:15 AM
Winch give-away KP Soaring 6 January 11th 05 08:04 PM
Did you ever give up on an IR? No Such User Piloting 24 November 26th 03 02:45 PM
FS 2004 give away Ozzie M Simulators 0 November 23rd 03 03:50 PM