Thrown out of an FBO...

Old November 14th 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Crash Lander[_1_]

Default Thrown out of an FBO...

"Philip S." wrote in message
in article , Jay
Honeck
at
wrote on 11/13/06 6:36 PM:
How amusing to read these thoughts in a forum devoted to FLYING. God
forbid
people should devote themselves to any pursuit not strictly sanctioned by
nature, eh?

I hate to break it to some folks, but human endeavor in its ENTIRETY has
been about defying nature at every turn. It's the only reason we live the
way we do.

True to a point, however, using an 'exit' as an 'entrance' is not sinply
(note intentional mis-spelling) defying nature. It's defying God (pick
one!), nature, and the way of our ancestors. This country, and I'm sure
yours, didn't get where it is today by spinning around our fellow man and
giving him a good old rogering!
But we digress.
Jay! I think the guy that threw you out was went overboard, even if he was
offended by the comments, which to me, should have been taken in the
joking/ribbing way intended. If he was a blonde woman, would he have reacted
as badly to a blonde joke? Most blonde women I know certainly would have
just laughed along with it!
Oz/Crash Lander

And don't worry about the population, Jay. Even if 90% of us permanently
stopped breeding, there would still be plenty of people.

Old November 14th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

That X happens is not evidence that Y caused X.
True. But in the absence of any other explanation, it'll have to do --
for now.

That is dangerously flawed reasoning. Instead of filing an IFR flight
plan, I eat Wheaties before any IFR flight. This gives me the ability
to avoid granite and aluminum while cavorting in the clouds.

I'm still here. QED.

I'm not advocating any particular point of view here. It may be that
the conclusion statement ("Bush stopped the attacks") is true. It may
instead be true that there wouldn't have been any attacks in either
case. To choose between these using faulty reasoning amounts to
throwing darts. And to choose based on what you already believe to be
true, and then apply false reasoning to support that act of faith, is
even worse than throwing darts.

And, given that the Left has been ceaselessly saying that "invading
Iraq (Y) has done nothing but create a breeding ground for more
terrorists (Z)", we can at least conclude that "X" proves that "Z" is
false.

No. It is merely evidence that Muslim terrorists may have a longer time
frame than the next quarter, or that successful acts of terrorism are
harder than we imagine.

Again, I'm not supporting any POV w/r/t terrorism and such. I'm merely
rejecting faulty reasoning and faith based logic.

Jose
--
"Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where
it keeps its brain." (chapter 10 of book 3 - Harry Potter).
Old November 14th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

If we evolved from random combination of elements, why haven't we evolved to grow back amputated limbs?

We have. We lost that ability. Why is an interesting question, and I
think the answer is that it "costs" too much. As life gets more
complex, the repair systems need to be more sophisticated, and the
overhead involved in carrying around such a repair system makes those
individuals less likely to survive and reproduce. Ironic, isn't it.

Darwin cares not a whit for the individual.

Jose
Old November 14th 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gary Drescher

"Crash Lander" wrote in message
True to a point, however, using an 'exit' as an 'entrance' is not sinply
(note intentional mis-spelling) defying nature. It's defying God (pick
one!), nature, and the way of our ancestors.

You're simply projecting your personal squeamishness onto nature and God.
(How can anyone seriously believe that a Creator of the Universe would run
around fretting about where homo sapiens rub their genitals?)

Yes, our ancestors made the same mistake you're making, but that's no reason
to perpetuate it. Women's suffrage, when first introduced, was likewise a
defiance of what our ancestors had believed for thousands of years. And like
you, the opponents of that step forward felt certain that the change was
contrary to nature and God.

Old November 14th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

That X happens is not evidence that Y caused X.
True, however, enough correlation over time certainly can make one wonder about a causal relationship.

One can wonder. However, that's only the first step, and the experiment
lacks a control. One could just as easily say that the growth of the
Internet did it.

For a less emotional equivalent, consider how antibacterial soaps have
improved hospital outcomes. Some theorize that we are just creating
breeding grounds for superbugs. Indeed, there is some evidence of that.
But for now it looks like antibacterial soaps have prevented many
diseases in hospitals.

The problem is, if the "breeding superbugs" theory is correct, by the
time we learn this, it will be far too late.

I may hold an opinion, but I am not (here) advocating one. Only that it
is important not to use faith based logic.

Jose
Old November 14th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mike regish

LOL.

Good one.

mike

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Assuming that this president's prime directive was to assure that no
more attacks on America could be carried out successfully, President
Bush has achieved his goal with 100% effectiveness.

Of course, that can change in the blink of an eye, at any moment.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 14th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mike regish

WOW.

I had a girlfriend once who believed pro wrestling was real. Even after they
"came out" as entertainment only. I thought she was the stupidest person
alive for that.

I was wrong.

mike

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
Unfortunately, with liberals around that won't happen.

Jay, if you are still reading these how do you like the turn of
events?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........mmmm...wha...HUH ? Oh, right. THIS
thread....

:-)

Actually, Ron, although we are far afield from my original post, I DO
find it fascinating and refreshing to note that there are people out
there (like you, and Jessica, etc.) who are still willing to logically,
point-by-point refute the nonsense and hatred spewed by the "liberal"
(GOD, what a horrible *******ization of a once-wonderful word!)
Hotze/Borchardt/Drescher/Regish clan. I, for one, ran out of energy to
argue with their block-headed stubborness long ago.

I've come to the sad conclusion that it is impossible to impart what
most of us see as common sense into people who claim to understand the
logic behind the theory of evolution, yet profess to seeing nothing
wrong -- or even unusual -- about sexual practices that by themselves
would guarantee the end of the human race.

I hold out little hope for changing anyone that can bend their minds
around such illogic.

Which, by the way, isn't to say I have anything against homosexuality.
I personally don't care if you want to screw pumpkins all night, if you
do it in the privacy of your own home and far, far away from my kids.
But don't even THINK about telling anyone that it's "normal", or that
my children need to be exposed to it.

Quite frankly, I don't understand why the homosexual lobby is wasting
all of their political credibility on the same-sex marriage issue. If
they had any sense at all, they would spend their political capital on
obtaining equal rights for same-sex unions -- call them whatever you
want, except "marriage" -- and drop the politically suicidal tactic of
trying to claim that their relationships are "normal" and should be
called "marriage". No mainstream national politician can support such
a stance, and -- one state a time -- homosexuals are going to find that
their current rights have been stripped away, either through referendum
or by amendment. It's already happening.

Quite frankly, I don't think that most people care if two guys want to
claim ever-lasting love, nor would they care if they were granted all
of the rights that married couples have by law. What they DO care about
is the specious claims that these couples are somehow "married" or
"normal". It's an insult to our intelligence, and the homosexual
lobby is doing far more self-harm than good by pressing this issue to
the breaking point.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 14th 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Unfortunately, with liberals around that won't happen.

Jay, if you are still reading these how do you like the turn of
events?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........mmmm...wha...HU H? Oh, right. THIS
thread....

:-)

Actually, Ron, although we are far afield from my original post, I DO
find it fascinating and refreshing to note that there are people out
there (like you, and Jessica, etc.) who are still willing to logically,
point-by-point refute the nonsense and hatred spewed by the "liberal"
(GOD, what a horrible *******ization of a once-wonderful word!)
Hotze/Borchardt/Drescher/Regish clan. I, for one, ran out of energy to
argue with their block-headed stubborness long ago.

Jessica is the one who can logically run rings around them. I am just
a bubba who understands that when you reward bad behavior, you get
more of it and that kids need two parents (a man and woman) who teach
them right from wrong and kick their butts when they do wrong things.

Ron Lee