Jay's Fruit Diet - Update

Old July 7th 05, 05:06 PM
Jay Honeck

Nah, you'd just be as skinny as me Jay (6', currently anywhere between 150
and 155 lbs).

Wow. The last time I weighed 150 was in junior high school!

Well, since you don't generally see any overweight centenarians, you should
be blessed with a long lifespan!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 7th 05, 05:09 PM
Jay Honeck

Yesterday I happened to be listening to Wis. Public Radio

Ah, Wisconsin Public Radio. How I miss it!

Between Tom Clark and Jean Feracca (sp?) in the mornings, and "Whaddya Know"
on weekends, they really made my job(s) -- many of which involved extensive
time in the car -- more enjoyable.

Iowa Public Radio tries hard, and we underwrite the local station -- but
they just don't have the horsepower. Not enough population to keep the pay
high enough to retain talent, I guess.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 7th 05, 08:24 PM
Jim Burns

Just finished listening to John Grisham's "The Broker" on Chapter A Day a
couple weeks ago. Pretty entertaining. Sometimes I get sick of hour after
hour of classic rock while I'm checking fields.

Whaddya Know is always fun, I get it on Saturday mornings while doing a more
extensive field tour. Then Car Talk comes on.

Some of their guests drive me crazy though. Some real whacko's. A guy the
other day wanted the maximum tax rate to be 90% with a maximum gross
earnings of 10 times the poverty level, anything earned above that would be
taxed at 100%. The host asked him why he'd give all that money to the
government when they always seem use it so inefficiently. The guest goes
into a 15 minute tirate about Bill Gates and how everthing he did was with
government money and that the taxpayers that paid for all his research
should be entitled to get their "investment" back from him. Ok. On the
other side of the spectrum, some guy called in wanting to close the borders
and shoot anybody that tried crossing. Dunno, but maybe he was East German.
That's when I re-discover all the other buttons on the radio.

What's weird is WPR is pretty liberal and Wis. Public Television is pretty
conservative. Balance maybe?

Jim

Old July 7th 05, 08:29 PM
Jim Burns

Just did my BMI.... 19.4 5'10 and the same weight I was in high school,
135. In fact, I've finally worn out some of the jeans that I wore 20 years
ago. They were a bit tight, but I've only gone up one inch in the waist in
24 years. Of course all that also means that after about 3 beers I'm toast.

Jim

Old July 7th 05, 09:53 PM
Morgans

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Yesterday I happened to be listening to Wis. Public Radio

Ah, Wisconsin Public Radio. How I miss it!

Between Tom Clark and Jean Feracca (sp?) in the mornings, and "Whaddya

Know"
on weekends, they really made my job(s) -- many of which involved

extensive
time in the car -- more enjoyable.

Iowa Public Radio tries hard, and we underwrite the local station -- but
they just don't have the horsepower. Not enough population to keep the

pay
high enough to retain talent, I guess.

Record it on the internet, and listen to it in the car, later?
--
Jim in NC

Old July 8th 05, 02:10 AM
Jon Kraus

Were you the one in the ad who was at the beach getting sand kicked in
his face?

:-)

Jon Kraus
'79 Mooney 201

Old July 8th 05, 05:21 AM
Jack Allison

Seeing as we probably consume the same number of brats, we have the
double tailwind effect. Does that mean we're flying a twin? :-)

Hmmm, from fruit diet to brats...must be a thread originated by Jay!

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old July 8th 05, 07:25 PM
Montblack

("Jon Kraus" wrote)
Yea.... I used to run... Then I discovered that it was difficult!! :-)

"I believe that the Good Lord gave us a finite number of heartbeats and I'm
damned if I'm going to use up mine running up and down a street."
- Neil Armstrong

Montblack
(OT silly 1976 stuff below)

Distance runner in High School - because I wasn't fast enough to be a
sprinter ...so I *must* have endurance. For me The Mile was a 4:58 SPRINT!!
(Yup, under 5 minutes - twice in my life)

Oh to be 16, with wings on my feet again. BTW, those wings were the same
shoes Forrest Gump was running in. Nike white, with red and blue heels
(1976).

Coach: ...Hit the road, we're doing a fast 8 miles today!
Me: .........Huh?
Coach: ...We should be done in just under an hour.

I could do multiple 7-minute miles (or 7:30-miles) in practice, but for the
life of me I could not get under 5 minutes in a race. At my 16-year-old
best, I could do sub 6-minute miles on a 5 mile dash (28-29-30 minutes), but
still the 4:30 Mile eluded me. That drove my coach nuts!

State Mile Record was 4:08 in Minnesota at the time, so I was only a scant
50 seconds off that mark, which is about ...oh, one lap!! g

I shunned all marathon talk because I was a sprinter at heart - albeit a
very, very slow sprinter.