Soaring Community Consumer Warning

Old March 31st 13, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Default Soaring Community Consumer Warning

All, please feel welcomed to add your for sale equipment to a new Facebook page called "Free International Sailplane Want Ads."

You are welcomed to have your ad on any other similar website or just ours. You are welcomed to share your ad with any other Facebook user, via Facebook, or email or twitter or whatever.

Please join this new page and please share it with your soaring friends!

Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/SailplaneWantAds

Enjoy!

Sean
F2
Old March 31st 13, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Interesting. I noticed that a recent RAS post (copied below, or link he https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?f...ng/OK8wPduHU-U) by glidersource.com included what I imagine is Bill Elliot's JS-1b. But if you click the link you can see that it is removed. This post was from March 7. So it has been removed in the past few weeks.

I imagine Bill (owner of soaring cafe) was recently strong armed in much the same way as the originator of this thread. Hilarious. This is just too funny.

Let the soaring want ad wars begin!

EN GARDE!

Items listed alphabetically within each category.

*** Sailplane ***
Blanik L13 LZ12, (http://glidersource.com/cgi-bin/post.cgi?id=250 ) (photo)
Jonkers Sailplanes, JS-1B 18m, $139,900 (http://glidersource.com/cgi-bin/post.cgi?id=288 ) (photo)
L-23 Wingtip Extensions, $800 (http://glidersource.com/cgi-bin/post.cgi?id=209 ) (photo)
Lak12 LZ 615, (http://glidersource.com/cgi-bin/post.cgi?id=252 ) (photo)
Libelle Canopy, $ (http://glidersource.com/cgi-bin/post.cgi?id=210 ) (photo)
Nimbus 2B, $24000 (http://glidersource.com/cgi-bin/post.cgi?id=314 ) (photo)
Schweizer SGS 1-35 ("ZT"). S/N 30. , $ (http://glidersource.com/cgi-bin/post.cgi?id=244 ) (photo)
SZD.41.A Jantar Std. LZ604 , (http://glidersource.com/cgi-bin/post.cgi?id=251 )
T65C VEGA SPORT, £11500 (http://glidersource.com/cgi-bin/post.cgi?id=273 ) (photo)
Old March 31st 13, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

http://soaringcafe.com/classified-ad...d=2&results=30

No Ad for Bills own JS1 on his own website, soaring cafe.

I wonder if W&W has been sending out strong men to shake down people who post ads in trade a plane too?

:-)

LOL!!!! ROTFL!!!!!!
Old March 31st 13, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bill palmer

Bill and any other advertiser are free to turn their glidersource.com ads on and off at their discretion at any time, for any reason they choose. Maybe because they're going on vacation, maybe because they want to conduct some marketing research, maybe because a sale is pending.
Adds turned off (or "paused" as I call it), can be turned back on without loss of content, emailing anyone, or having to comply with a world-domination policy.

Sean: Am I surprized Tim didn't take me up on the web programming offer? No, but it was sincere, nonetheless. Still, for the sake of sailplane shoppers, I hope he can figure out a way to sort, index, or categorize the nine or more pages of aircraft ads.
Old April 1st 13, 05:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Sean, it appears Wings & Wheels is alone in sometimes requesting exclusivity for glider sellers who want to post their ads for free. So just what is it that will have glider sellers rushing eagerly to list their gliders on your new facebook.com/SailplaneWantAds site, in the process "destroy[ing] all of these want ads sites in 1 week"? Those who were already using one or more of these sites aren't going to remove their other listings. And anyone who chooses to list on Wings & Wheels anyway could care less what you do.

Maybe I'm missing something, but with the possible exception of Wings & Wheels, it seems like the biggest difference between your new Facebook site and Soaring Cafe, GliderSource, et al., is that all of the others have established reputations whereas yours is backed by...you.

ROFL!!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Hang onto your day job.

This thread passed 2,100 views sometime today making it the most popular RAS thread in the month of March. This says something about our sport; I'm just not sure what.

Chip Bearden
ASW 24 "JB"
U.S.A.
Old April 1st 13, 05:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bill palmer

Sean,
I'd be interested to know if Tim will apply his world-pad-dominatin policy to your facebook page too. Why don't you ask him?
Old April 1st 13, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Lets just say a seed has been planted. And the power of Facebook and social media for selling an item is something that most of you are not fully aware of.

Lets just say that I'm pretty happy about the chances of a Facebook method for selling gliders becoming very popular.

Lets also say that the fact that nobody in the sport of soaring understands how to use social media channels is hilariously obvious. The sport of soaring is predictably stuck in the 90's in terms of its web marketing and websites including the various want ad sites. None of them use social media in the slightest because they do not understand the value of it. They think static websites are "good enough" and cling to what they know...unable to adapt.

Anyhow. So far I have about 6 minutes invested in my Facebook want ads page. Give it a week, a month, 6 months and a year.

Then lets see if your still a smart ass ;-).

Happy soaring and of course happy "selling" my fellow glider pilots.

Ciao!
Old April 1st 13, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Me thinks ;-) someone needs to consider apologize for a very poor policy, very poor treatment of some customers and move past this. Do the right thing rather than have your buddies try to explain your very rude behavior away as "good business."

Before it gets any further out of hand. It's spring, soaring season is amping up and everyone is on RAS, talking via phone, email, in person at glider clubs and (of course) on the social sites...

Just sayin...
Old April 1st 13, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

On 4/1/2013 5:39 AM, Sean F (F2) wrote:
Lets just say that I'm pretty happy about the chances of a Facebook
method for selling gliders becoming very popular.

Lets also say that the fact that nobody in the sport of soaring
understands how to use social media channels is hilariously obvious.

There seems to be a contradiction in these two statements...

email me)
Old April 1st 13, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Learn to spell Sean, and, while you're at it, take a class in grammar.

"...balling my eyes out..." Sheesh.

Most of us who are "stuck in the 90s" have no need to buried in a cell phone
for validation.

"Sean F (F2)" wrote in message
Me thinks ;-) someone needs to consider apologize for a very poor policy,
very poor treatment of some customers and move past this. Do the right
thing rather than have your buddies try to explain your very rude behavior
away as "good business."

Before it gets any further out of hand. It's spring, soaring season is
amping up and everyone is on RAS, talking via phone, email, in person at
glider clubs and (of course) on the social sites...

Just sayin...

Region 12 Soaring Map - Help the soaring community! Michael Reid Soaring 20 October 30th 08 11:57 PM
Whats better, a troll free community, or a troll resistant community? buttman Piloting 3 October 18th 08 06:15 PM
Biased Aviation Consumer Luke Products 3 June 3rd 04 02:03 PM
Aviation Consumer and Collision Avoidance BHelman Products 52 April 23rd 04 05:35 AM
Aviation Consumer article on Vac Pumps Maule Driver Owning 7 November 5th 03 05:46 PM