allowing guns in cockpits

Old January 9th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default allowing guns in cockpits

On Jan 9, 10:23*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in news:9c147a38-17b3-4003-b879-
:

On Jan 9, 6:36*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Well, actually, the more immediate concerns are the likelyhood of a
pilot actually stopping a trained soldier with a gun.

Yea, I guess it seems different when you take the argument to the
ridicules extreme.

It isn't a ridiculous extreme. It's the likely scenario in the event of an
organised hijacking.

So you believe that the ridiculous buffoons who hijacked the planes on
9/11/01 would not have been stopped by anything less than highly
trained military soldiers?? These guys had box cutters. The only way
they were able to succeed is because we guaranteed them an environment
in which they would encounter minimum resistance.

-Robert

Old January 9th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jan 9, 10:28*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote :

On Jan 9, 9:46*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Gig 601XL Builder wrote
innews:13oa1fbo5s0erbd

@news.supernews.com:

Be able to defend himself.

I taught my wife to use the gun for self defence. Thought better of
it, then and provided her with some good alternatives that will be
much more effective on the day.

So that is your argument for taking away my right to defend myself and
my family in the way I feel is best???? Its a typical liberal
argument, "I don't want an SUV so no one should be allowed to own
one".

So, if you wanted a howitzer you should be allowed to have one?

"...The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be
infringed"

I don't need to justify my desire to defend myself to you, nor does
any other law abiding citizen.

-Robert

Old January 9th 08, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in
:

On Jan 9, 10:23*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in

:

On Jan 9, 6:36*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Well, actually, the more immediate concerns are the likelyhood of
a pilot actually stopping a trained soldier with a gun.

Yea, I guess it seems different when you take the argument to the
ridicules extreme.

It isn't a ridiculous extreme. It's the likely scenario in the event
of an

organised hijacking.

So you believe that the ridiculous buffoons who hijacked the planes on
9/11/01 would not have been stopped by anything less than highly
trained military soldiers??

Nope.

These guys had box cutters. The only way
they were able to succeed is because we guaranteed them an environment
in which they would encounter minimum resistance.

Yep, that's right. that was our training then. It was thought
appropriate for the safety of the aircaft.
We have different training now. It doesnt involve guns. The vast
majority of pilots realise they are not the answer.

But hey, why am I wasting time writing?

You can't read.

Bertie
Old January 9th 08, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jan 9, 10:31*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

This was a real person, she;s dead, Her parents lives are destroyed and if
any post was an argument against guns it's your appalling attitude towards
this, one of the most played out scenes in modern america..

If you had actually read my post rather than just reacting to it you
would have realized that I said it was pure fantasy to believe that
this guy would have given her a kiss goodnight instead of killing her
if he had not had access to a gun. Hammers kill people, baseball bats
kill people, where do you stop? How does preventing my right to own a
firearm prevent someone else from killing his GF with a hammer?

-Robert
Old January 9th 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jan 9, 10:48*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote :

On Jan 9, 10:28*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote
innews:ce584f60-334f-4485-9905-b

:

BTW, if you read my post properly you might have read I have a gun. I
stil

have a gun and I like guns. I think they're fun.
The reality is, when they are required, they don't work, and in
between times they kill hundreds.

I'm not aware of any time in history when a gun has ever killed
anyone.

Ah, I see the problem now.

You can't read.

Insult is the best way to avoid a factual response in a debate.

-Robert
Old January 9th 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in
:

On Jan 9, 10:31*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

This was a real person, she;s dead, Her parents lives are destroyed
and if

any post was an argument against guns it's your appalling attitude
towards

this, one of the most played out scenes in modern america..

If you had actually read my post rather than just reacting to it you
would have realized that I said it was pure fantasy to believe that
this guy would have given her a kiss goodnight instead of killing her
if he had not had access to a gun. Hammers kill people, baseball bats
kill people, where do you stop? How does preventing my right to own a
firearm prevent someone else from killing his GF with a hammer?

He shot at the BF and killed her, fjukkwit.

I read your post.
I read very well.

And I will get your gun.

Bertie
Old January 9th 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jan 9, 7:54*am, tim wrote:

homicide rate per year per 100,000 inhabitants UK = 2.03 and US =
5.6....very polite

Do you think having less guns would change that significantly? More
people in the U.S. are killed with knives and bats than in the UK. Are
you propsing to outlaw those items or are we still talking about guns?

-Robert

Companies Allowing Employees to Fly Steve - KDMW Owning 40 November 26th 06 04:31 PM
Rivet Guns tdfsks Home Built 3 July 21st 05 01:43 AM
AOPA urges allowing cell phone use in general aviation Eric Greenwell Soaring 7 March 30th 05 08:44 PM
COWS WITH GUNS Beefy Burger Home Built 14 January 21st 04 07:07 AM
Guns on fighters? SKSvilich Naval Aviation 54 December 8th 03 02:27 PM