I give up, after many, many years!

Old May 23rd 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

Default I give up, after many, many years!

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Tina writes:

I doubt many ATPs toiled as long for their rating as long as
candidates for doctorates have in the halls of academia. But it does
take different skill sets in most cases, doesn't it?

The important point is that the knowledge gap between an average ATP and
an
average non-pilot is far smaller than the gap between someone with a PhD
in
chemistry and someone with no special knowledge of chemistry.

How would you know dumb ass, you're neither.

Old May 23rd 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

On May 23, 2:10 pm, "BDS" wrote:
"Mxsmanic" wrote ...

Tina writes:

I doubt many ATPs toiled as long for their rating as long as
candidates for doctorates have in the halls of academia. But it does
take different skill sets in most cases, doesn't it?

The important point is that the knowledge gap between an average ATP and

an
average non-pilot is far smaller than the gap between someone with a PhD

in
chemistry and someone with no special knowledge of chemistry.

How can you possibly quantify something like this?

I would agree that the average person knows less about a given subject
than a newly minted PhD with that major than an average person knows
about flying than someone holding an ATR, but to call that the
important point is stupid.

I think the important point is people operating at close to the top of
any profession have a lot more in common with each other than they do
with "average" people. I wrote 'profession' but think that can be
extended to 'trade' or in every skill area. They are uniquely
motivated and skilled, and that separates them from those who are only
just intelligent and who choose not to exploit that advantage.

I have spoken, so it must be so . Oh wait, that's a different
poster's attitude.

Old May 23rd 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

BDS writes:

How can you possibly quantify something like this?

With ease.
Old May 23rd 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Kloudy via AviationKB.com" u33403@uwe wrote in message
Maxwell wrote:
That's what the squirty ****drip routine is all about. Your OCD.

I thought Riddlin was in table form. Do you crush it so you can snort it?

Ritalin

(Methylphenidate)

HTH ; )

You're right, Riddlin is the band.

Old May 23rd 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Jim Logajan writes:

I do not know about you, but given a choice between riding in an
airplane piloted by a certificated pilot who has an incorrect grasp
of aerodynamics and an aerodynamics engineer who has no piloting
experience, I'd go with the certificated pilot. ;-)

When choosing an aircraft, however, I'd go with the aircraft designed
by an engineer, rather than one designed by a pilot.

You don't fly fjukktard

Bertie
Old May 23rd 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Jim Logajan writes:

I do not know about you, but given a choice between riding in an
airplane piloted by a certificated pilot who has an incorrect grasp
of aerodynamics
and an aerodynamics engineer who has no piloting experience, I'd go
with the certificated pilot. ;-)

When choosing an aircraft, however, I'd go with the aircraft designed
by an
engineer, rather than one designed by a pilot.

Based on no experience at all. What a dumb ****.

Snort!

Dumm and dummer.

Bertie
Old May 23rd 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Tina writes:

I doubt many ATPs toiled as long for their rating as long as
candidates for doctorates have in the halls of academia. But it
does take different skill sets in most cases, doesn't it?

The important point is that the knowledge gap between an average ATP
and an
average non-pilot is far smaller than the gap between someone with a
PhD in
chemistry and someone with no special knowledge of chemistry.

How would you know dumb ass, you're neither.

Lost your riddlin perskerpshun?

Bertie

Old May 23rd 08, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Buster Hymen" wrote in message
Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Rote learning has the advantage of being accessible to almost anyone of
reasonably normal intelligence.

It failed in your case Anthony.

He not of reasonable normal intelligence.

Old May 23rd 08, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Tina writes:

I doubt many ATPs toiled as long for their rating as long as
candidates for doctorates have in the halls of academia. But it
does take different skill sets in most cases, doesn't it?

The important point is that the knowledge gap between an average ATP
and an
average non-pilot is far smaller than the gap between someone with a
PhD in
chemistry and someone with no special knowledge of chemistry.

How would you know dumb ass, you're neither.

Lost your riddlin perskerpshun?

Bertie

Going to front me some, Snortie the nosehit.

Old May 23rd 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Buster Hymen

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Buster Hymen" wrote in message
Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Rote learning has the advantage of being accessible to almost anyone of
reasonably normal intelligence.

It failed in your case Anthony.

He not of reasonable normal intelligence.

Which is why it failed.

Anthony still hasn't figured out how one can legally and safely fly 50'
from a cloud. And he's been told the answer several times.

DC-3 parts to give away Robert Little Restoration 2 November 23rd 06 03:30 AM
Who can give a checkout? Mark S Conway General Aviation 2 May 9th 05 12:15 AM
Winch give-away KP Soaring 6 January 11th 05 08:04 PM
Did you ever give up on an IR? No Such User Piloting 24 November 26th 03 02:45 PM
FS 2004 give away Ozzie M Simulators 0 November 23rd 03 03:50 PM