more reasons for GA: John Gilmo I was ejected from a plane for wearing "Suspected Terrorist" button

Old July 22nd 03, 06:53 AM
randall g

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:12:00 +0200, Martin Hotze
wrote:

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Yes, the airlines say to EVERYBODY: you are a terrorist unless proven you
are not.

If you really want to drive the last nail in the coffin of commercial
airline service, force them to treat passengers otherwise.

After 9/11, like it or not, most passengers WANT the added "security"
measures that TSA have put in place.

Well, I jump into Godwins law ..:
Hitler was elected with a big majority. Most people loved what he did.

Hitler and the Nazi Party never received more than 44% of the vote in a
German national election - in 1933, the last one held until after
Hitler's death. But you are right that he had plenty of support after
gaining control of the government and becoming dictator.

randall g =%^) #320 - only 346 short
http://www.telemark.net/~randallg
Lots of aerial photographs of British Columbia at:
http://www.telemark.net/~randallg/photos.htm
Old July 22nd 03, 07:21 AM
C J Campbell

"Captain Wubba" wrote in message
om...
| To his *credit*? He was acting like a jackass, and you think it was to
| his *credit* that he didn't resist against obviously overwhelming
| force when he was booted off the plane for being a jackass?

We must be thankful for small blessings. :-)

Seriously, given the nature of this individual, he could well have become
violent. At least he maintained enough of a grasp of reality to know that he
was fighting a losing battle. As I said, he is a hypocrite. You never know
what such people might do.

Old July 22nd 03, 09:02 AM
Ron McKinnon

"lardsoup" wrote in message
Neat. Doesn't matter what the constitution says, so long as the of
government "looks" the way YOU want it to. How did you define fascism?

"Ron McKinnon"
It is irrelevant whether the US Constitution explicity 'says democracy'

whether in fact it is one.

Constitutional cites snipped
This looks pretty representative-democracy-ish to
me.

It does matter what the Constitution says, as I clearly stated,
and you excised out. You're missing the point, though it
puzzles me how that could be. It hasn't got anything to do
with how *I* might or might not want it to look, and I feel
you're being disingenuous in saying otherwise.

The point to which I have addressed my comments is that
being a democracy and being a republic are not mutually
exclusive. The point, further, is that one pertains to the form
that the government takes, and the other to the way such
government is chosen.

And, finally, regardless that the US Constitution does not
use the word 'democracy', nor state in so many words
that the Union 'is a democracy', in specifying the manner
in which the members of the legislative branch are chosen
-- directly by the people (of the several States) in the case
of the House of Representatives, and indirectly by the
people (by the legislatures of the several States, in fact) for
the Senate (and the Executive branch), it clearly establishes
the Union as democratic.

Old July 22nd 03, 04:27 PM
Captain Wubba

Good point

Cap

Old July 22nd 03, 05:04 PM
Big John

Thank GOD for little things.

One can only surmise where that would have led.

Can anyone remember Clinton and Gore getting a tour on TV of the White
House and coming to a picture of Geo Washington and Gore asking who
that was????

Big John

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:15:37 GMT, "lardsoup" wrote:

If the US was a democracy, Al Gore would be the President.

it clearly establishes
the Union as democratic.

Old July 22nd 03, 07:12 PM
Peter Duniho

"Big John" wrote in message
Can anyone remember Clinton and Gore getting a tour on TV of the White
House and coming to a picture of Geo Washington and Gore asking who
that was????

How could anyone remember something you made up?

Old July 23rd 03, 04:02 PM
Big John

Glad someone else remembers the gaffe.

On second thought it may have been Jefferson vs Washington but the
picture was one that is a well known painting to any school kid taking
American History.

Only saw it on the live show. They never repeated it again that I saw.
Guess it got 'air brushed' from any following showing after review by
the Democrats? G

Big John

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 03:28:16 GMT, Newps wrote:

"Big John" wrote in message

Can anyone remember Clinton and Gore getting a tour on TV of the White
House and coming to a picture of Geo Washington and Gore asking who
that was????

I don't think it was the White House, it was the Capitol. One of the
funniest damn things I have seen on TV.

Old July 24th 03, 12:07 AM
John Galban

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message ...
"Big John" wrote in message
Can anyone remember Clinton and Gore getting a tour on TV of the White
House and coming to a picture of Geo Washington and Gore asking who
that was????

How could anyone remember something you made up?

Perhaps Big John's details are not on the money, but I do recall the
incident he's referring to. Shows up on TV blooper programs every now
and then.

Politicians of either stripe tend to make these kinds of gaffs
whenever their not reading from a teleprompter.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)
Old July 24th 03, 04:21 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Jay Honeck" said:
it was an election
remember some people not allowed to vote in Florida? it was an election.
No, no comparison!

The only people who couldn't vote in Florida (in the 2000 presidential
election) were too stupid to figure out the ballot.

They weren't barred from voting by any external force.

WRONG! Several hundred (or was it several thousand) people were prevented
from voting because they had the same names as convicted felons, and
Florida had struck them from the voters rolls. Florida had hired a
company to find the felons and remove them, but the company had done
nothing more sophisticated than a name match, so if there was a convicted
felon named John Wayne Smith anywhere in the country, nobody with that
name was allowed to vote in Florida.

And they did the same damn thing in the last congressional election, in
spite of a law suit from the ACLU.

--
Paul Tomblin , not speaking for anybody
"It's 106 light-years to Chicago, we've got a full chamber of anti-matter,