You're French... surrender already!

Old March 23rd 04, 04:20 PM
Nemo l'ancien

Your are making the world a lot of **** because no more than 3000
people have been killed on your nbational soil....
Come here in the eastern part of France, and then you may perhaps me
realize what a real war means for the civilians...
Old March 23rd 04, 05:08 PM
Pierre-Henri Baras

"Kevin Brooks" a écrit dans le message de news:
You just made my point! Thanks
My source:
http://www.truthout.org/docs_01/02.2...rcumvented.htm

Take your time to answer.

It would be even better if your source actually supported your contention.
Biased as it is, it indicates that the US sponsored contracts all went
through the UN program. So let's get this straight--in an attempt to

deflect
criticism of French companies dealing directly with Saddam to secure
lucrative oilfield development contracts (without competition) which were
dependent upon the relaxation or elimination of the controls imposed upon
Iraqi oil exports, and the related acknowledged acceptance of oil

"vouchers"
by at least one French national with what has been described as a close
relationship with Chirac, not to mention the subsequent French

governmental
initiative to indeed relax the sanctions, you offer up the example of US
companies purhasing oil legitimately through the UN sanctioned program?

Wow,
what a scoop you have there...

***yawn***

Old March 23rd 04, 05:32 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Pierre-Henri Baras" wrote in message

[...]

That is about as intelligent a response as you have provided thus far in
this exchange.

Brooks

Old March 23rd 04, 06:37 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Pierre-Henri Baras" wrote in message

"Kevin Brooks" a écrit dans le message de news:
***yawn***

That is about as intelligent a response as you have provided thus far in
this exchange.

Well, you only appeared in this thread to counter my allegations; nothing
else. You have brought nothing else.
According to your general attitude I assume that if I said that 2+2=4,

you'd
eventually find a way to prove that I'm wrong.
We can go on for days; I don't mind. You're anchored in your beliefs and I
am in mine.

LOL! I merely pointed out that your cited reference did not support the
allegation that the US or its companies engaged in any illegal or improper
activity, and that your attempt to sidestep the facts regarding the French
firms' direct dealings with Saddam and the *amazing* policy decision from
France to seek a relaxation of the oil export controls was coming up short
in terms of supporting *evidence*. Now, if you want *evidence* supporting
the accusations regarding those lucrative French deals with saddam, or the
fact that the individual in question has acknowledged receiving those oil
vouchers, let me know--I am sure we can find numerous references to both,
right?

Whatever. If this NG served any other cause than French bashing and
political dispute, we'd know it, wouldn't we?

So now pointing out that your source does not support your allegation is
"bashing", huh? A little bit sensitive, aren't you? Bashing, OTOH, would be
if I were to, say, tell an anti-French joke, like: "Going to war without
France as an ally is like going deer hunting without your accordion; all you
are leaving behind is noisy and worthless baggage." But I did not do that,
now did I?

Brooks

PHB

Old March 24th 04, 07:40 PM
Alan Minyard

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:44:24 +0100, "Pierre-Henri Baras" wrote:

"Kevin Brooks" a écrit dans le message de news:
***yawn***

That is about as intelligent a response as you have provided thus far in
this exchange.

Well, you only appeared in this thread to counter my allegations; nothing
else. You have brought nothing else.
According to your general attitude I assume that if I said that 2+2=4, you'd
eventually find a way to prove that I'm wrong.
We can go on for days; I don't mind. You're anchored in your beliefs and I
am in mine.

Whatever. If this NG served any other cause than French bashing and
political dispute, we'd know it, wouldn't we?

PHB

Well, since telling the truth IS "french bashing" it is hard to avoid.

Al Minyard

Since french bashing has become such a popular sport
world wide, there is talk of an international tournament to
determine the World Champion.