Name an Aviation Theme Suite -- Win a Prize!

Old January 6th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Name an Aviation Theme Suite -- Win a Prize!

Flyingmonk wrote:
Mile High Suite :^)

and rent it by the (Hobbs) hour.

Gerald
Old January 6th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:8acvf.467066$084.261909@attbi_s22...
So we FINALLY finished the new "Piper Cub Suite" yesterday (some of that artwork has been in our dining room for over
three years!) at our aviation theme suite hotel, and we're embarking on our last two aviation theme suites, the
"Apollo Suite" and the "Oshkosh Suite" -- both which have been in the works for over two years.

However, since we created the "Cub Suite" by chopping one of our 2-story townhouse suites in half (by walling off the
stairs), we suddenly find ourselves with an "extra" suite to name!

Thus, it's time to play "Name That Suite"! The winner earns a free night in "their" suite, upon completion. Here
are the rules:

1. The name must roll off the tongue, and be no longer than four words. (I.E.: "The Charles Lindbergh Suite")
2. No aviation disasters, please. (No "Hindenburg Suite", please...)
3. Nothing potentially offensive or double-meaning (No "Bong Suite" or "Hellcat Suite"...)
4. Combat-related names are iffy, unless they "sound pretty" to the uninformed.

My moniker - Blueskies Suite...or Sweet Blue Skies

Old January 6th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 1/5/06 11:53 AM, in article 8acvf.467066$084.261909@attbi_s22, "Jay
Honeck" wrote:

[...]

For example, our "Memphis Belle Suite" sounds "pretty" to folks who have no
idea who Bob Morgan was, and our "Mustang Suite" sounds kinda racy, even to
those who have NO idea what a P-51 is... We must be careful to appeal to
the NON-flying crowd, too, which eliminates a lot of great names.

Ideally, the suite would honor a well-known era or aspect of aviation. Look
here to see which names are already in use:
http://alexisparkinn.com/theme_suites.htm

Good luck!

In honor of the craft that first touched down on the moon: The Eagle Suite.
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino

Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
http://www.wizardofdraws.com

More Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
http://www.cartoonclipart.com

Old January 6th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

How about "The Proud Mustang Suite"

--
John Huthmaker
PPL-SEL P-28-161

http://www.cogentnetworking.com
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
[...]

Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Old January 6th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"JohnH" wrote in message
. ..

"Anola Gay" sounds pretty

That suite would be da bomb.

I believe you mean "Enola Gay".

I believe you're right. D'oh.

Old January 6th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

GS wrote:
Flyingmonk wrote:

Mile High Suite :^)

and rent it by the (Hobbs) hour.

I think this is the image the hotel portrayed under its previous owner. Jay's
worked real hard to get away from that.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.
Old January 6th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

And put the Hobbs switch on the bedsprings?

Jim

"GS" wrote in message
. com...
Flyingmonk wrote:
Mile High Suite :^)

and rent it by the (Hobbs) hour.

Gerald

Old January 6th 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Sorry. The Mustang name has already been taken for a ...ahem... series of
hotel "suites" east of Reno.

(Well, they sure looked "suite" to me!!!)

Jim

"John Huthmaker" wrote in message
ink.net...
How about "The Proud Mustang Suite"

Old January 6th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 05 Jan 2006 20:13:54 GMT, Blanche wrote:

:Richard Riley wrote:
:On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:53:24 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
:
::So we FINALLY finished the new "Piper Cub Suite" yesterday (some of that
::artwork has been in our dining room for over three years!) at our aviation
::theme suite hotel, and we're embarking on our last two aviation theme
::suites, the "Apollo Suite" and the "Oshkosh Suite" -- both which have been
::in the works for over two years.
:
:The obvious on is the DC-3 suite, but beyond that...
:
:Glenn Martin suite
:Wrong Way Corrigan suite
:Rutan suite
:RV or Van Grunsven suite
:Shuttle suite
:USS Enterprise suite
:Blue Angels/Thunderbirds suite
:Spitfire suite
:Phantom suite
:Stealth Suite
:F-22 Raptor suite
:MiG/Sukhoi suite
:Top Gun suite
:
:Please don't do a UAV suite.
:
efinitely need to do a Star Trek suite.

Gene Roddenbery was a heck of a good pilot.

"Gene Roddenberry led a life as colorful and exciting as almost any
high- adventure fiction. He was born in El Paso, Texas, on August 19,
1921, spent his boyhood in Los Angeles, studied three years of college
pre-law and then transferred his academic interest to aeronautical
engineering and qualified for a pilot's license. He volunteered for
the U.S. Army Air Corps in the fall of 1941 and was ordered into
training as a flying cadet as the war began.

Emerging from Kelly Field, Texas, as a Second Lieutenant, Roddenberry
was sent to the South Pacific where he entered combat at Guadalcanal,
flying B-17 bombers out of the newly-captured Japanese airstrip, which
became Henderson Field. He flew missions against enemy strongholds at
Bougainville and participated in the Munda invasion. In all, he took
part in 89 missions and sorties. He was decorated with the
Distinguished flying Cross and the Air Medal.

While in the South Pacific, he also began to write. He sold stories to
flying magazines, and later poetry to publications including The New
York Times. Upon his return from combat, he became a trouble-shooter
for the Air Force working out of Washington, D.C., investigating the
causes of air crashes. At war's end, he joined Pan American World
Airways. During this time, he also studied literature at Columbia
University.

It was on a flight from Calcutta that his plane lost two engines and
caught fire in flight, crashing at night in the Syrian desert. As the
senior surviving officer, Roddenberry sent two Englishmen swimming
across the Euphrates River in quest of the source of a light he had
observed just prior to the crash impact. Meanwhile, he parleyed with
nomads who had come to loot the dead. The Englishmen reached a Syrian
military outpost, which sent a small plane to investigate. Roddenberry
returned with the small plane to the outpost, where he broadcast a
message that was relayed to Pan Am, which sent a stretcher plane to
the rescue. Roddenberry later received a Civil Aeronautics
commendation for his efforts during and after the crash."

His memorial service featured a missing man formation of Long EZ's (I
put it together)

Also, the man who designed the "Enterprise" itself, Matt Jefferies,
was a pilot based at Santa Paula for many years. The resturant there
is still decorated with paintings of aircraft that Jefferies did.
Old January 6th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Michelle" wrote)
I favor the Blue Angels Suite.

"There's something about a man in uniform." :-)

Montblack

Trying to Fly AliR Piloting 33 May 9th 05 12:00 AM
Aviation Books&CD Roms FS [email protected] Naval Aviation 0 April 10th 05 10:33 PM
Aviation Books&CD Roms FS [email protected] Home Built 0 April 10th 05 10:29 PM
General Aviation Legal Defense Fund Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 May 11th 04 10:43 PM