"Pearl Harbor" still sucks...

Old April 28th 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default "Pearl Harbor" still sucks...

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

Dr. Strangelove was hardly Slim's first role. Please excuse the numbering
when I cut and paste from IMDB.com it does that.

"Well, dang, don't that just beat all" as Slim Pickens would say. I
should have known better, too, having a seen a considerable number of
movies from that list.

Old April 28th 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Matt Barrow wrote:

A couple winters ago, the family was out clearing the driveway when my #2
son slipped and fell flat on his face. As my wife ran over to check on him,
he staggered to his feet and screamed , "MEIN FURHUR...I CAN VALK".

I am speechless, that is so funny.

So, do you think the movie would have been as good if they had left the
pie fight scene in it?

Old April 28th 06, 12:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jim Macklin" wrote:

I was just emulating the other poster, who snips
everything.

With respect, I must say that I find your posting style fussy and laborious
to read.

It would indeed help if you would do a little judicious snipping. It would
help even more if you would post your responses below the comments to which
you are replying, emulating speaking conversations.

--
Dan

'Gut feeling'

Intestinologists concur that the human gut does not contain any rational
thoughts.
What the human gut *is* full of is moderately well known.

Old April 28th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I'm lazy and since when I first began using a computer I
figured that MS knew that post go at the top, I've always
done it that way.

If a post if over 10 kb I'll spend the time to snip,
otherwise, why worry about it.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

Old April 28th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I'm lazy and since when I first began using a computer I
figured that MS knew that post go at the top, I've always
done it that way.

MS has broken just about every internet standard. Why should it get
that one right?

If a post if over 10 kb I'll spend the time to snip,
otherwise, why worry about it.

Because on dialup 10Kb takes a while, on a handheld 10Kb may not fit,
and in a foreign country 10Kb costs a lot.

Jose
--
The price of freedom is... well... freedom.
Old April 28th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Tell me why I should change. It takes time to scroll down
to find the "answer" if it is bottom posted. If I've been
following the thread or am new to the discussion, top
posting lets me the most current info and IF I care to see
more I can scroll down if the gist has not been snipped.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

t...

Old April 28th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Tell me why I should change.

Courtesy.

It takes time to scroll down
to find the "answer" if it is bottom posted...

I agree. I also rarely read the reference material, as I've already
read it or can infer it from the new material.

However, most of the Usenet community does not seem to agree or work
this way, and it is courtious to follow their standards.

And, one should be mindful of bandwidth - Even if one has their own T-1
line and huge screen, not everyone else does.

Jose
--
The price of freedom is... well... freedom.
Old April 28th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jim Macklin" wrote:

Tell me why I should change.

1) It is considerate of your correspondents.

2) Presumedly you want your posts read or you wouldn't make them. Some
people will ignore top posts. I usually will not, but if in a hurry, I will.

3) Top posting causes cancer, hair loss, bad breath and Communism.

Old April 28th 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Dan Luke" wrote)
Tell me why I should change.

1) It is considerate of your correspondents.

2) Presumedly you want your posts read or you wouldn't make them. Some
people will ignore top posts. I usually will not, but if in a hurry, I
will.

3) Top posting causes cancer, hair loss, bad breath and Communism.

Besides being considerate and avoiding cancer, June is Top Posting Month at
rec.aviation, not April.

Montblack
"Pieces of April" by Three Dog Night was our Prom song.

Old April 28th 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I've always been discourteous. I also have my Outlook
Express mail and newsreader set to only get the headers, I
can see subject and size, even the name of the sender, and
don't bother downloading the whole message. When I leave
the group, all messages are marked as read. Once a week or
so, I delete all local messages and compact the folder [you
can do this in two ways/paths].

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"Jose" wrote in message
t...
| Tell me why I should change.
|
| Courtesy.
|
| It takes time to scroll down
| to find the "answer" if it is bottom posted...
|
| I agree. I also rarely read the reference material, as
I've already
| read it or can infer it from the new material.
|
| However, most of the Usenet community does not seem to
agree or work
| this way, and it is courtious to follow their standards.
|
| And, one should be mindful of bandwidth - Even if one has
their own T-1
| line and huge screen, not everyone else does.
|
| Jose
| --
| The price of freedom is... well... freedom.
| for Email, make the obvious change in the address.

It sucks, but which way? Hilton Piloting 4 September 12th 05 05:11 PM
X Plane SUCKS SO BAD! Pooty Lizard Simulators 4 June 30th 05 08:25 PM
America's Army Sucks, Fact cain_uk Military Aviation 127 June 28th 04 05:42 AM
MSNBC Sucks ! me Piloting 24 June 11th 04 10:25 PM
B00$hhh SUCKS LIES! Grantland Military Aviation 0 April 14th 04 01:50 AM