Mild Aerobatics

Old August 15th 05, 03:53 AM
Mike Weller

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 17:15:42 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

Bryan, can't you learn those maneuvers without getting a commercial
ticket?

Of course you can but why bother? The maneuvers are and of themselves are
pretty useless. You might as well get credit for learning them.

One of the best things about flying is that you never stop learning.

I mean that in the kindest way.

Mike Weller

Old August 15th 05, 10:49 AM
Stefan

Jay Honeck wrote:

rambunctious thing we ever do are "Up-Downs" (as the kids call them), which
is a firm pull up with a steady push-over at the top that induces negative
Gs in the back seat.

As others have sait: If there's no dirt floating around, you don't even
hit zero G, let alone negatives. I think you should go and take some
real acro lessons. (Actually, I think every pilot should!) It's fun and
it definitely makes you a better pilot. And you'll learn something about
the flight envelope. If I recollect correctly, your average spam can is
certified for something like +5.3 and -2.5 G at Va. Ask your acro
instructor to demonstrate those loads. You'll be surprized! (Not sure
whether you'll like it.)

Stefan