Sleeping on long flights - What's the secret?

Old November 24th 04, 02:20 AM
Bob Fry

I'd be happy if they would charge and assign two seats to these
overgrown slobs. That way I'd get some space of my own instead of
having to share with the guy who can't stay away from the trough.

Before everyone starts piling on Bob for being "insensitive"

Wow Jay, thanks!!

I want to point
out that the obesity epidemic is a terrible problem in many parts of the
economy.

For sure. Go see "Supersize Me" and see if you still think fast food
isn't a big factor. You've probably all seen those analyses of how
portion size has grown over the years.

Twice (in a little over two years) we've had very large guests break bed
frames and chairs at the inn. No furniture was ever designed to support
over 300 pounds, and when you get two of them in bed, well, all bets are
off.

Two 300 pounders in bed, doing what many couples do in bed...the mind
boggles, the bed breaks!

Old November 25th 04, 08:19 AM
C. Osbourne

The ever gay "Thomas"
spewed:

Yeahy, don't sit next to me you fat *******.

That's what we'd expect to hear from a limp-wristed
yellow-toothed brit faggot, like yourself, 'Thomas"

Maybe your mommie will let you go out and play some
cricket, britian's feminine sport that suits you and
your bull dagger 'queen' just fine...

That queen has more balls than her sexually confused
son, "charles". The only straight one in the whole
house of Windsor was Dianna, who they couldn't stand,
and had her killed.

Nice family, ya got running your ****ty little country...

Old November 25th 04, 10:43 PM
Road_Hog

"C. Osbourne" wrote in message

Hey, Fat boy, nice guy you got running your ****ty little country.

Go eat another family meal by yourself. No wonder your country is so big.

Sounds like you've already been super sized, bloater boy.

Old November 25th 04, 11:18 PM
Peter Cheeseman

"RobsSanta" wrote in message
Avoid alcohol - worst thing is do is drink and then sit on a long haul
flight. It dehydrates you faster and you end up feeling like cr*p at the
other end.

Rob

What? Spend a long-haul flight awake and sober? Sounds like torture...

That's why civilized (i.e. non-US) airlines are happy to give out free
drinks to (well behaved) passengers - because they know that they will soon
fall asleep and not cause any further trouble.

PC

Old November 26th 04, 05:46 AM
AC

Nahh, you're all wrong. Those benzo things are a surefire recipe for
disaster. Especially if you're asking a doctor to prescribe them to sleep on
a plane?!?.

Take 1-2 valerian (2000mg) and a 3mg melatonin (YMMV) cheap, natural, no
doctor, and will knock you out like a light. If you're crossing time zones
the M resets the circadian thythms as well.

"C. Osbourne" wrote in message

Hi,

I'm going on some long flights soon, and would
really like to do some sleeping during the flights.

But somehow, I can't seem to get comfortable enough
to get to sleep. I'm 6'3" 280 lbs, and the tiny
seats are -very- uncomfortable after a few hours.
(can't afford 1st class)

Can anyone suggest a method or even proper drugs
I can use to get to sleep so the flights don't seem
so long?

Thanks for answering here...