Anyone dissapointed with Oshgosh?

Old August 18th 03, 06:43 PM
Daniel

RobertR237 wrote ...
... I would fire the person running my pension fund in a second. Supposed
expert has lost more than my non-educated investments.

So quit yer bitchin', cash out & manage your money yourself.
Old August 18th 03, 09:28 PM
Morgans

"BD5ER" wrote in message
but how to we figure out good teachers from the
bad ones

Who cares. Pay them the same way lots of other workers get paid. By the

job -
if it gets done right. Then let the parents pick which teacher they want

based
on their track record.

=====Only if the teachers get to reject some students.

If little Bob tests normal on the IQ test at the beginning of the year and

he
doesn't pass the final the teacher doesn't get paid.

=====And teachers are supposed to get paid, dependent on how much effort
someone else puts into their work? Yea right. I'll bet you would go for
that.

If little Bob gets an A
the teacher gets a bonus. And grade on the curve, based on system wide,

multi
year, results. Yes, I used that evil, segregating, esteem bashing word -
Grades.

'course there is the little problem of poor parents. But teachers should

also
have the right to refuse to take on their jobs.

Around here the teachers can't be fired unless they do something really

bad,
like get convicted of a felony directly related to the school environment.
Simple incompetence is overlooked. And the teachers all know it. Only

the
ones with a bit of personal integrity actually perform. Just like the

rest of
our society......

=====The percentage of poor teachers, or one that don't care is pretty low;
at least at my school.
You should read what you wrote, again. It sounds silly, to me.

Old August 19th 03, 12:21 AM
BD5ER

You should read what you wrote, again. It sounds silly, to me.

It does? That's the way a large portion of the world works. Those that
perform get rewarded. Those that don't look for work. When I'm paying the
bill that's what I expect.

Guess which half doesn't like this concept.
Old August 19th 03, 02:20 AM
RobertR237

In article , Barnyard BOb --
writes:

Piece of cake.

Fire the teachers of the least literate posters on Usenet.
Then fire the teachers of those teachers. IF ANYBODY is
left standing, give 'em a paycheck equal to private industry.

Barnyard BOb - all my teachers and their teachers are dead

All mine are dead too but if not, they would have to be fired.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old August 19th 03, 02:20 AM
RobertR237

In article ,
(Daniel) writes:

RobertR237 wrote ...
... I would fire the person running my pension fund in a second. Supposed
expert has lost more than my non-educated investments.

So quit yer bitchin', cash out & manage your money yourself.

Who was bitchin, just stated a fact. Beside, I have taken over the management
myself and have inproved my position a little. At least I stop the downward
slide.

Old August 19th 03, 02:42 AM
Barnyard BOb --

Fire the teachers of the least literate posters on Usenet.
Then fire the teachers of those teachers. IF ANYBODY is
left standing, give 'em a paycheck equal to private industry.

Barnyard BOb - all my teachers and their teachers are dead

All mine are dead too but if not, they would have to be fired.

Bob Reed

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Really?
Most of my teachers were very competent.

In college, the worst I ever had was the gal
that was 'supposed' to be teaching chemistry.
She only lasted a couple of years, so the system
still wasn't broke at that point.

Barnyard BOb - call me the weak link in the chain
Old August 19th 03, 02:57 AM
Morgans

"Barnyard BOb wrote:

Really?
Most of my teachers were very competent.

In college, the worst I ever had was the gal
that was 'supposed' to be teaching chemistry.
She only lasted a couple of years, so the system
still wasn't broke at that point.

Barnyard BOb - call me the weak link in the chain

Your observation is still closer to the truth, than some postings of late.

I don't know why some people just want to run the other guy down. (not just
about teaching)

I can only say that I'm tired of trying to convince the blockheads. They
must be the ones who never cracked a book out of class, then said the
teacher was at fault.
--
Jim (JUST running down blockheads) in NC--