G1000 Check out

Old January 3rd 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default G1000 Check out

Have fun. I plan to win the lottery soon, as soon as it is
big enough so I can buy a G58 Baron and a G36 Bonanza and a
Legend Cub for flying fun.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
oups.com...
| They even have the simulator/trainer for purchase
(~$3.99) - http://shop.garmin.com - scroll down in the
pulldown for the G1000 stuff.

| I haven't ventured into IFR or instrument rating yet, VFR
only. This

Old January 3rd 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jim wrote:
Have fun. I plan to win the lottery soon, as soon as it is
big enough so I can buy a G58 Baron and a G36 Bonanza and a
Legend Cub for flying fun.

If.when you win, can I be your hanger boy w/ flying benefits?

The Monk

Old January 3rd 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Maybe, but you have to live near where I'll live. You also
have to be an NRA Life member for at least 5 years.

Old January 3rd 06, 09:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mike,

it's all about product support. Diamond has been bitten before by
introducing an uncommon, though superior engine (the Rotax on the
Katana).

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old January 3rd 06, 11:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article , Martin Hotze wrote:
Peter Clark wrote:

Is it a download once you pay ... or do they ship a disc?

They ship a disk.

Mine came with the aircraft.

I'd love to have a plane attached to the next cd-rom I order. :-))

Horrendous shipping and storage charges, though. :-)

-Dan
Old January 3rd 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Morgans wrote:
"Michelle" wrote

Lap room is limited. I could not put my Jepp book in my lap and fly the
plane.

What was limiting the lap room? Too close to the panel?

The center stick is at the front edge of your seat.

Michelle
Old January 3rd 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

George Patterson wrote:
Skywise wrote:

Amazingly, I cannot get DSL or cable where I live - north Orange
County, CA. So, I have to just live with it.

What about satellite dish?

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.

Where I live Satellite is the only option. It works. Latency is higher
download speeds are higher than dial-up. Connections are more reliable.
I have had one for about five years.

Michelle

Old January 3rd 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mike Schumann wrote:

It's too bad that they aren't selling the diesel here. That would be the
one thing that would tempt me to buy one.

You're one of very few, then. The diesels cost significantly more money to buy
and the fuel isn't that much cheaper than gasoline.

Old January 3rd 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

The diesels cost significantly more money to buy and the fuel isn't that much cheaper than gasoline.

but isn't the engine lighter, leading to more payload?

Jose
--
You can choose whom to befriend, but you cannot choose whom to love.