Plane crashes into tree

Old December 12th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

Default Plane crashes into tree

however I find the
'trees over people' concept quite annoying!

I don't think it's trees over people, it's trees over convenience. If
people were in danger, I doubt that the tree would win if there were no
other ways of mitigating the danger.

Jose
--
"There are 3 secrets to the perfect landing. Unfortunately, nobody knows
what they are." - (mike).
Old December 12th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

This does not apply in California, If you were hung up in a Redwood
you are more likely to get injured during the rescue process then the
tree is to losing a single leaf. GG..

Old December 12th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gman

There is a link to a short interview with the pilot on the right side
of this page near the bottom of "Featured Videos". Sorry I can't link
directly to the clip itself.

http://www.kktv.com/

On Dec 8, 10:09 am, "Morgans" wrote:
"Ron Lee" wrote

http://tinyurl.com/ymqbj9

Apparently lost power when attempting nightime touch n goes last night
around 530 PM at Meadow Lake airport (00V). Pilot walked away from
the aircraft with no apparent serious injuries.That is one of the strangest crash pictures I have ever seen. One lucky hombre.

--
Jim in NC

Old December 12th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

It's not quite that bad in Florida ... yet.

However, it seems to be trending that direction and my best guess is that
Texas and North Caroline may not be far behind.

Peter

oups.com...

Old December 13th 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
It's not quite that bad in Florida ... yet.

However, it seems to be trending that direction and my best guess is that
Texas and North Caroline may not be far behind.

You have to be kidding. Clear-cutting is still a regular practice in NC.
People still cut trees back to the trunk, except a few branches 4 or 5 feet
long, to keep them from getting so big. They call it topping, but it is far
more than a regular pruning. Surprisingly, they usually don't die from that
abuse.

No, in most parts of NC, trees are abused at will. In some historic sections of
some cities, in some cases, the big old trees are protected, though.
--
Jim in NC

Old December 13th 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
It's not quite that bad in Florida ... yet.

However, it seems to be trending that direction and my best guess is

that
Texas and North Caroline may not be far behind.

You have to be kidding. Clear-cutting is still a regular practice in NC.
People still cut trees back to the trunk, except a few branches 4 or 5

feet
long, to keep them from getting so big. They call it topping, but it is

far
more than a regular pruning. Surprisingly, they usually don't die from

that
abuse.

No, in most parts of NC, trees are abused at will. In some historic

sections of
some cities, in some cases, the big old trees are protected, though.
--
Jim in NC

Stay tuned, the same voting block has been moving in. However, you may get
a repreive for a few years due to the end of the current real estate boom.

Peter

Old December 14th 06, 09:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Garret

Default Mxsmanic is clueless

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

It sounds like he's repeating what he was told. He's already admitted
to you that he hasn't tried it.

Good lord you are a moron. No, he admitted no such thing. He admitted
he had never disconnected the autopilot DURING CRUISE. Pilots -- even
jetliner pilots -- hand-fly approaches all the time. That would provide
ample opportunities to get firsthand experience in how stable (or not)
the plane is.

rg
Old December 14th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Ron Garret writes:

He admitted
he had never disconnected the autopilot DURING CRUISE. Pilots -- even
jetliner pilots -- hand-fly approaches all the time. That would provide
ample opportunities to get firsthand experience in how stable (or not)
the plane is.

Approach is not cruise.

Old December 14th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Garret

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

Ron Garret writes:

He admitted
he had never disconnected the autopilot DURING CRUISE. Pilots -- even
jetliner pilots -- hand-fly approaches all the time. That would provide
ample opportunities to get firsthand experience in how stable (or not)
the plane is.

Approach is not cruise.

Your argument is analogous to claiming that if you, Anthony, jump off
the top of the Eiffel tower when the moon is full you will float. I
can't actually prove that you're wrong (tempting though that prospect
may be). All I can do is point you to all of the evidence that gravity
is universal and appeal to Occam's razor to argue that in the absence of
compelling reasons to believe otherwise, neither you nor the Boeing 757
are not exempt from the laws of physics, even while cruising under a
full moon.

rg
Old December 15th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Ron Garret writes:

Your argument is analogous to claiming that if you, Anthony, jump off
the top of the Eiffel tower when the moon is full you will float.

No, it's analogous to saying that parking a car in a garage isn't the
same as cruising down the highway.