Glider Pilot Running for US President

Old February 24th 04, 11:20 PM
Stefan

Christian Husvik wrote:

But seriously: I think you should vote for a president who actually
knows what war is and has experienced one.

Maybe you should start to look for a president who knows what peace is
and how to achieve it? Just an opinion from the rest of the world.

Stefan

Old February 25th 04, 07:14 AM
Christian Husvik

Denis Flament wrote:
Christian Husvik wrote:

But seriously: I think you should vote for a president who actually
knows what war is and has experienced one.

That's just what W. did last year, didn't he ?

I don't know. He did start one or two, but he didn't actively take part
himself, did he?

Chrisitian 8-)

Old February 25th 04, 02:37 PM
Kirk Stant

Stefan wrote in message ...
Christian Husvik wrote:

But seriously: I think you should vote for a president who actually
knows what war is and has experienced one.

Maybe you should start to look for a president who knows what peace is
and how to achieve it? Just an opinion from the rest of the world.

Stefan

Bull****. "The rest of the world" better wake up and realize there is
a global war going on, and ignoring it isn't going to make it go away.

As far as I'm concerned, peace through superior firepower suits me
fine.

Wait until the suicide bombers blow up a bank in Zurich...

Now, can we get back to soaring?

Kirk
Old February 25th 04, 03:22 PM
RHWOODY

I believe what is meant here is that all
of us in the USA were drawn into war
by the events of 9/11 - including W -
we know what war is and we have had
experience in war - this war is still in
progress - and until the terrorists are
captured or killed, this war continues.
Old February 25th 04, 03:32 PM
RHWOODY

When one responds to an attack like
9/11, it is not "starting" a war - that
war was started by the 9/11 terrorists -
regarding the Gulf War 2 - that war
was brought on by Saddam refusing
to abide by the agreements of the
surrender following Gulf War 1 - since
the UN could not agree to enforce
the existing agreements of the surrender,
the US took on that task with the help
of several other countries. Now Saddam
is removed from power, Kahn has
admitted his bad deeds in the past,
Lybia has given up its nuclear actions,
and IMHO the world is better off.
Before anyone points the finger at someone for "starting" a war - they
should look at what preceded the so-called starting of war. Of course
everyone has their own version based
on their own bias. You are entitled
to your own opinion - just like I am.
The true facts remain the same - only
the interpretation is different.
Old February 25th 04, 03:42 PM
Bert Willing

CNN & Fox brainwashing seems to work perfectly.

--
Bert Willing

ASW20 "TW"

om...

Old February 25th 04, 04:15 PM
Olivier Bertoe

dixit Kirk:
Stefan wrote in message ...
Christian Husvik wrote:

But seriously: I think you should vote for a president who actually
knows what war is and has experienced one.

Maybe you should start to look for a president who knows what peace is
and how to achieve it? Just an opinion from the rest of the world.

Stefan

Bull****. "The rest of the world" better wake up and realize there is
a global war going on, and ignoring it isn't going to make it go away.

Couldn't agree more. Though it has been going on for quite some time
now, it has been getting substantially stronger lately. It goes by
many names: "class war", "imperialism", "colonialism", "genocide".
Oh yes, "war on terror", too.

On a global scale, it is yielding many 9/11's _a day_.

As far as I'm concerned, peace through superior firepower suits me
fine.

Superior ? Are you planing to _nuke_ the pentagon ? The FMI ? The
European Round Table ? Or are you referring to the kids getting
blown to pieces while "enduring" freedom shock-and-awe style ?

Wait until the suicide bombers blow up a bank in Zurich...

You are absolutely right. The possibility for massive terrorism is
real and rising sharply, thanks in no small part to the policies of
the folks currently holding office in Washington. One more reason to
press for an end to the madness.

Now, can we get back to soaring?

I'd love to. In a peaceful world, that is. The last time i sat in a
glider, B52's were taken to fly over on their tour of rampage. Sort
of takes the pleasure out of the ride...

Kirk

Olivier Bertoe
Old February 25th 04, 04:23 PM
Olivier Bertoe

dixit RHWOODY:
I believe what is meant here is that all
of us in the USA were drawn into war
by the events of 9/11 - including W -
we know what war is and we have had
experience in war - this war is still in
progress - and until the terrorists are
captured or killed, this war continues.

I would suggest getting them out of office first...

Olivier Bertoe
Old February 25th 04, 05:28 PM
mm

"Olivier Bertoe" wrote in message

dixit Kirk:
Stefan wrote in message

Christian Husvik wrote:

But seriously: I think you should vote for a president who actually
knows what war is and has experienced one.

Wait until the suicide bombers blow up a bank in Zurich...

Won't happen. That's where they keep their money.

Old February 25th 04, 06:26 PM

Oliver, Stefan, Christian ...

We need to keep one thing in mind.

These terrorists that war is being waged on WILL NOT;

1. Listen to reason
2. Be bargained with
3. Stop until they have killed as many innocentsas possible in the
name of their cause.

They will not stop until they are dead.

Now let's talk about gliding.

On 25 Feb 2004 16:15:39 GMT, Olivier Bertoe
wrote:

dixit Kirk:

Bad publicity David Starer Soaring 18 March 8th 04 03:57 PM
WINGS: When do the clocks start ticking? Andrew Gideon Piloting 6 February 3rd 04 03:01 PM