Two 14 year old boys steal plane and then crash

Old March 7th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Two 14 year old boys steal plane and then crash

"Skywise" wrote in message ...
What software are you using? Maybe we can help you figure it
out?

He's accessing the newsgroup through a web based interface --
www.talkaboutaviation.com... If you looked at the NNTP headers on his
message, you would have seen it... Thus the problem is probably not the
interface, but rather the user...

Old March 7th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Grumman-581" wrote in news:Cs4Pf.37
:

"Skywise" wrote in message ...
What software are you using? Maybe we can help you figure it
out?

He's accessing the newsgroup through a web based interface --
www.talkaboutaviation.com... If you looked at the NNTP headers on his
message, you would have seen it... Thus the problem is probably not the
interface, but rather the user...

I think you got that last part backwards....not the user, but the
interface, in this case the website. Every newsreader program I
am aware of does proper quoting without user intervention. Heck,
I think even google does it right?

But yes, I missed looking at the headers.

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Old March 7th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

by Jose Mar 7, 2006 at 12:05 AM

Skylune...dude...you REALLLLLY REALLLLLLY need to learn how
to quote properly.

He's almost there. All he needs to do right now (to quote intellebly,
if not to "usenet standards", is to put his two arrows on a =separate=
line. The fact that they are now at the END of a line hides them.
Putting them on a separate line would make them much more evident -
enough more evident that though they don't conform to standards, most
people would be able to figure it out easily.

Sorry. I don't know why the talkaboutaviation.com site is not designed to
automatically place the reply in context when hitting "Post a Reply."

I have taken to manually inserting "" before and after, but not on a
separate line (until now). And I cannot tie up my e-mail as a Newsreader,
as Jay H. once suggested.

Old March 7th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 10:53:41 -0500, "Skylune"
wrote in
outaviation.com::

And I cannot tie up my e-mail as a Newsreader, as Jay H. once suggested.

Thank you for publicly demonstrating your total cluelessness.

Old March 7th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

While I have not a clue as to what you mean by :tie up you e-mail as a
Newsreader. go visit this page there are plenty of newsreaders and many of
them are free.

http://www.newsreaders.com/

lkaboutaviation.com...

Old March 7th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Is it just me, or does anyone else here find it somewhat
odd/curious/amusing that Mr. Skylune, who has made painfully clear
(through incessant repetition) his feelings on the state of many GA
topics & issues - would regularly frequent a/the
"talkaboutaviation.com" site?

Old March 7th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

by Larry Dighera Mar 7, 2006 at 04:22 PM

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 10:53:41 -0500, "Skylune"
wrote in
outaviation.com::

And I cannot tie up my e-mail as a Newsreader, as Jay H. once suggested.

Thank you for publicly demonstrating your total cluelessness.

Coming from you, the leftie... LOL

Old March 8th 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Is it just me, or does anyone else here find it somewhat
odd/curious/amusing that Mr. Skylune, who has made painfully clear
(through incessant repetition) his feelings on the state of many GA
topics & issues - would regularly frequent a/the
"talkaboutaviation.com" site?

Say what you want about Skylune, he offers us valuable insight into the
inner workings of GA's most vociferous opposition.

Usually these kinds of guys quietly roll hand grenades down the aisle, and
then duck back down. Skylune lets it all hang out, and actually engages in
(occasionally meaningful) dialog. As such, his participation here is
aggravating, but valuable.

Now if ONLY he would figure out how to use a newsreader, so that his

Skylune, you shouldn't have to insert the little carrot thingy ("") in
front of the original poster's sentences manually, as it sometimes appears
you are trying to do. (An effort I appreciate, by the way.) A real
newsreader will do that for you, effortlessly.

Read about newsreaders and obtain one -- or, if you'd rather not screw
around with all that, use Google Groups to get on this newsgroup. It's not
half bad, and parses your responses automatically.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 8th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Say what you want about Skylune, he offers us
valuable insight into the inner workings of
GA's most vociferous opposition.

Unfortunately, his level of intelligence is so low as to make his comments
meaningless.

Old March 8th 06, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("SkyLoony" wrote)
Unfortunately, his level of intelligence is so low as to make his comments
meaningless.

Is this S-Loon's stab at self deprecating humor?

....or is SkyLoony someone new?

Montblacky