Run up for plug clearing

Old October 11th 04, 05:45 PM
Peter Duniho

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Of course not. Neither is yours. Is ANYONE here spreading more than his or
her opinion? But thanks for pointing out the very basics. Maybe you needed
the reminder. I didn't.

You did, and it appears you still do.

Where, pray, tell, are your statements less absolute than mine?

They are statements of fact, regarding what you can and cannot do in OE.
Your statements, on the other hand, are statements of opinion, stated *as if
they were fact*, when in fact they are not.

And no, I don't use OE.

I know you don't. That's why I wrote that you don't.

Pete

Old October 12th 04, 02:13 PM
Trent Moorehead

"Roger Long" wrote in message
I can't remember where I "learned" it but I always thought 1800 RPM was

the
limit for ground running leaned to clear plugs.

snip

I was taught to throttle up to 2000, lean to peak, and run this way for 60
seconds. I've had to do this many times and it has always worked.

Now, I was taught in a C-150 and I have transferred that knowledge to the
C-172, so I may be doing something wrong now. I will check the POH when I
get a chance.....

-Trent
PP-ASEL

Old October 13th 04, 12:42 AM
Dan Thomas

"Trent Moorehead" wrote in message ...
"Roger Long" wrote in message
I can't remember where I "learned" it but I always thought 1800 RPM was

the
limit for ground running leaned to clear plugs.

snip

I was taught to throttle up to 2000, lean to peak, and run this way for 60
seconds. I've had to do this many times and it has always worked.

Now, I was taught in a C-150 and I have transferred that knowledge to the
C-172, so I may be doing something wrong now. I will check the POH when I
get a chance.....

-Trent
PP-ASEL

60 seconds is way too long. That engine gets cooking hot by that
time. Try actually timing it sometime and see just how long it is.

Dan

Old October 13th 04, 05:04 PM
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 11:48:55 -0700, "Peter Duniho"
wrote in
::

I'll say this much for you...you certainly don't miss a chance to express
your anti-Microsoft religious views.

My views are supported by Microsoft itself as evidenced by their
security patches released yesterday:

http://entmag.com/news/article.asp?EditorialsID=6403

News

Microsoft Releases 10 Security Bulletins

by Scott Bekker

October 12, 2004

In one of its biggest monthly "Patch Tuesday" events yet, Microsoft
posted 10 new security bulletins, seven of them for critical flaws
that could allow attackers to remotely take control of a computer.
The new bulletins are Microsoft's 29th through 38th of the year. They
follow a month when Microsoft released only one bulletin for flaw in
Microsoft's component for processing JPEG images. Microsoft also on
Tuesday released an updated version of its tool for detecting programs
that require the patch for the JPEG component.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms04-oct.mspx
Summary
Included in this advisory are updates for newly discovered
vulnerabilities. These vulnerabilities, broken down by severity a

Critical (7)

Bulletin Identifier Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-032
Bulletin Title
Security Update for Microsoft Windows (840987)

Executive Summary
A remote code execution vulnerability, two elevation of privilege
vulnerabilities, and a denial of service vulnerability exist in
Windows. The most severe vulnerability could allow remote code
execution on an affected system.

Maximum Severity Rating
Critical

Impact of Vulnerability
Remote Code Execution

Affected Software
Windows. For more information, see the Affected Software and Download
Locations section.

Bulletin Identifier Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-033
Bulletin Title
Vulnerability in Microsoft Excel Could Allow Remote Code Execution
(886836)

Executive Summary
A vulnerability exists in Microsoft Excel that could allow remote
code execution on an affected system.

Maximum Severity Rating
Critical

Impact of Vulnerability
Remote Code Execution

Affected Software
Office, Excel, Office for Mac, Excel for Mac. For more information,
see the Affected Software and Download Locations section.

Bulletin Identifier Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-034
Bulletin Title
Vulnerability in Compressed (zipped) Folders Could Allow Remote Code
Execution (873376)

Executive Summary
A vulnerability exists in the way that Windows processes Compressed
(zipped) Folders that could allow remote code execution on an affected
system.

Maximum Severity Rating
Critical

Impact of Vulnerability
Remote Code Execution

Affected Software
Windows. For more information, see the Affected Software and Download
Locations section.

Bulletin Identifier Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-035
Bulletin Title
Vulnerability in SMTP Could Allow Remote Code Execution (885881)

Executive Summary
A vulnerability exists in the Windows SMTP component and Exchange
Server Routing Engine component that could allow remote code execution
on an affected system.

Maximum Severity Rating
Critical

Impact of Vulnerability
Remote Code Execution

Affected Software
Windows and Exchange. For more information, see the Affected Software
and Download Locations section.

Bulletin Identifier Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-036
Bulletin Title
Vulnerability in NNTP Could Allow Remote Code Execution (883935)

Executive Summary
A vulnerability exists in the Windows NNTP Component that could allow
remote code execution on an affected system.

Maximum Severity Rating
Critical

Impact of Vulnerability
Remote Code Execution

Affected Software
Windows and Exchange. For more information, see the Affected Software
and Download Locations section.

Bulletin Identifier Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-037
Bulletin Title
Vulnerability in Windows Shell Could Allow Remote Code Execution
(841356)

Executive Summary
A vulnerability exists in the way that the Windows Shell launches
applications. A vulnerability exists in Program Group Converter
because of the way that it handles specially crafted requests. Both
could allow remote code execution on an affected system.

Maximum Severity Rating
Critical

Impact of Vulnerability
Remote Code Execution

Affected Software
Windows. For more information, see the Affected Software and Download
Locations section.

Bulletin Identifier Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-038
Bulletin Title
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (834707)

Executive Summary
Five remote code execution and three information disclosure
vulnerabilities exist in Internet Explorer.

Maximum Severity Rating
Critical

Impact of Vulnerability
Remote Code Execution

Affected Software
Windows, Internet Explorer. For more information, see the Affected
Software and Download Locations section.

Old October 13th 04, 06:17 PM
Peter Duniho

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
My views are supported by Microsoft itself as evidenced by their
security patches released yesterday:

Hardly. As if Microsoft has the only software (or OS, for that matter)
published with security flaws. At least they are fixing them, and doing so
before someone exploits them.

Old October 13th 04, 06:32 PM
Trent Moorehead

om...

"Roger Long" wrote in message
I can't remember where I "learned" it but I always thought 1800 RPM

was
the
limit for ground running leaned to clear plugs.

snip

I was taught to throttle up to 2000, lean to peak, and run this way for

60
seconds. I've had to do this many times and it has always worked.

Now, I was taught in a C-150 and I have transferred that knowledge to

the
C-172, so I may be doing something wrong now. I will check the POH when

get a chance.....

-Trent
PP-ASEL

60 seconds is way too long. That engine gets cooking hot by that
time. Try actually timing it sometime and see just how long it is.

Dan

I time it exactly using the sweep hand of my watch. I may be doing it for
too long, but I'm not guessing about it.

-Trent
PP-ASEL

Old October 18th 04, 03:39 AM
John Harlow

Roger Long wrote:
#&*(^%$#!)+=- Microsoft.

With the budgets that world domination provides, you would think
someone would have figured out that putting the Send button under the
Reply button would lead to inadvertent blank replies.

With Windows 98, you could move the buttons around so that didn't
happen when you accidentally double clicked. Eliminating that option
seems to have been one of those "Innovations that users demand."

Right click on the toolbar, hit "customize" and move the buttons anywhere
you want.