Why is Stealth So Important?

Old January 14th 04, 01:42 AM
Evan Brennan

Ed Rasimus wrote in message . ..
failures didn't relate to lack of SA as much as to political gradualism

Please note that political gradualism worked well enough for Hanoi.
Uniting the North and South took 30 years, which suggests that
patience does have its rewards.

Their response so gradual that Ho Chi Minh had plenty of time
to grow a very long beard. Of course, he didn't live long enough
to see Saigon fall, so maybe you have a point. ; )

and lack of will to win.

Specifically, LBJ's lack of will to occupy Laos, thanks to the
neutrality pact signed by the Kennedy Administration who probably
knew full well that Hanoi would sign it, but never honor it.
Old January 14th 04, 02:42 AM
WaltBJ

Mike, don't kid yourself that you can't be seen on AI radar. I have
picked up geese at 7 miles on my F86D X-band (10ghz)radar off Okinawa
way back in 1956. Our GCI radar picked them up coming inbound and
asked me to check out the track. I was quite surprised when I closed
in on the target and discovered it was a flock of 7 geese heading for
Japan about 30 miles east of the southern tip of Okinawa. You are
about 75% water and Xband resonates with the water molecules - so you
will show up as a radar target.
Walt BJ
Old January 14th 04, 12:40 PM
Gene Storey

"WaltBJ" wrote

You are about 75% water and Xband resonates with the water molecules - so you
will show up as a radar target.

Actually the water frequency is in the K band (24 GHz). Just the opposite, it absorbs
electromagnetic waves. Birds, bees, etc, show up well on many wavelengths, down
to the L Band (1 GHz), and they show up because of their combined mass.

Old January 14th 04, 03:57 PM

"Gene Storey" wrote:

"WaltBJ" wrote

You are about 75% water and Xband resonates with the water molecules - so you
will show up as a radar target.

Actually the water frequency is in the K band (24 GHz). Just the opposite, it absorbs
electromagnetic waves. Birds, bees, etc, show up well on many wavelengths, down
to the L Band (1 GHz), and they show up because of their combined mass.

He's right Walt, you musta been thinking of something different
there.

Because water molecules resonate at ~24 gHz it absorbs the RF
energy (therefore won't reflect it). That's why microwave ovens
use that frequency.
--

-Gord.
Old January 14th 04, 08:11 PM
Buzzer

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:57:30 GMT, "Gord Beaman" )
wrote:

"Gene Storey" wrote:

"WaltBJ" wrote

You are about 75% water and Xband resonates with the water molecules - so you
will show up as a radar target.

Actually the water frequency is in the K band (24 GHz). Just the opposite, it absorbs
electromagnetic waves. Birds, bees, etc, show up well on many wavelengths, down
to the L Band (1 GHz), and they show up because of their combined mass.

He's right Walt, you musta been thinking of something different
there.

Because water molecules resonate at ~24 gHz it absorbs the RF
energy (therefore won't reflect it). That's why microwave ovens
use that frequency.

Microwave ovens 2.45GHz
Old January 14th 04, 08:48 PM
Alan Minyard

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 08:09:10 -0600, "Gene Storey" wrote:

"Kevin Brooks" wrote
"Gene Storey" wrote
"Kevin Brooks" wrote
"Gene Storey" wrote in message
It was lost in 1946 when we allowed the French to decolonize.

That is a ridiculous statement.

Merely a typo: recolonize.

Gee, I guess the rest of your baseless and rather stupid rant was some kind
of "typo" as well, huh? Say hello to the nice men with white coats and that
really nifty buckle-up jacket for you...

You keep masturbating, do you ever ejaculate?

That does it. PLONK

Al Minyard
Old January 14th 04, 11:10 PM
Gene Storey

"Alan Minyard" wrote
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 08:09:10 -0600, "Gene Storey" wrote:
"Kevin Brooks" wrote
"Gene Storey" wrote
"Kevin Brooks" wrote
"Gene Storey" wrote in message
It was lost in 1946 when we allowed the French to decolonize.

That is a ridiculous statement.

Merely a typo: recolonize.

Gee, I guess the rest of your baseless and rather stupid rant was some kind
of "typo" as well, huh? Say hello to the nice men with white coats and that
really nifty buckle-up jacket for you...

You keep masturbating, do you ever ejaculate?

That does it. PLONK

Al Minyard

Sounds like Alvin ejaculated there??

Old January 15th 04, 01:15 AM
Kevin Brooks

"Gene Storey" wrote in message
"Alan Minyard" wrote

wrote:
"Kevin Brooks" wrote
"Gene Storey" wrote
"Kevin Brooks" wrote
"Gene Storey" wrote in message
It was lost in 1946 when we allowed the French to decolonize.

That is a ridiculous statement.

Merely a typo: recolonize.

Gee, I guess the rest of your baseless and rather stupid rant was

some kind
of "typo" as well, huh? Say hello to the nice men with white coats

and that
really nifty buckle-up jacket for you...

You keep masturbating, do you ever ejaculate?

That does it. PLONK

Al Minyard

Sounds like Alvin ejaculated there??

Your single-minded fascination with the solitary sex act indicates that you
are either extremely immature for your years, or are some pimply-faced
teenager who recently discovered (some of) the facts of life and are
literally bursting at the seams to demonstrate your new-found knowledge to
any and all. Either way, Al has the right idea--the more people that
kill-file your psychotic rants the more likely you'll just fade into
oblivion, where you belong; and besides, blocking your posts will increase
the cumulative IQ of the remaining messages tenfold. AMF.

Brooks

Old January 15th 04, 01:33 AM
Gene Storey

wrote:
[...]

Still at it Kevin?

Nothing to contribute eh?

Old January 15th 04, 02:31 AM

Buzzer wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:57:30 GMT, "Gord Beaman" )
wrote:

"Gene Storey" wrote:

"WaltBJ" wrote

You are about 75% water and Xband resonates with the water molecules - so you
will show up as a radar target.

Actually the water frequency is in the K band (24 GHz). Just the opposite, it absorbs
electromagnetic waves. Birds, bees, etc, show up well on many wavelengths, down
to the L Band (1 GHz), and they show up because of their combined mass.

He's right Walt, you musta been thinking of something different
there.

Because water molecules resonate at ~24 gHz it absorbs the RF
energy (therefore won't reflect it). That's why microwave ovens
use that frequency.

Microwave ovens 2.45GHz

Yes, sorry, missed the dot, 2.4 GHz
--