Student Pilot Gets Five Months In Prison

Old March 9th 05, 03:45 AM
Ernest Christley

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:

Let me try this again. The question was valid as far as the psych eval
part was concerned. If you don't believe me make an appointment with a
shrink, read the forms you have to fill out then ask him why. I was even
asked that question by a family counselor. It's a valid question when
investigating behavioural trends. Simply asking if ine has been arrested
doesn't constitute jeopardy. For crying out loud it's legal in every
state for job applications and professional licenses including roofers.
That doesn't mean all employers will ask, just that they can. If you
can't inderstand this I guess I don't have the words to explain better.

It's not politics, it's just common sense.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

It is now officially time for this thread to end.

Remember that Hitler didn't rise to power through successive elected
offices. He rose through the back doors of bureaucratic offices.

Thank you to all who have participated.

8*)
Old March 9th 05, 04:09 AM
Mark Hickey

"Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired" wrote:

Mark Hickey wrote:

OTOH, I think it IS kind of funny that most left-wingers think GWB is
a dunce, but that he's smart enough to be able to do what the sum
total of the US intelligence organization couldn't do, while skimming
over many, many hundreds of pages of high-level reports while keeping
up on the gazillion or so other things he has to deal with daily.

That would be like me accusing you of missing something that was
buried at the bottom of page 54 of a Tuesday issue of the New York
Times (of course, it would have to be a reference to an article that
didn't actually say anything about the subject, to make the comparison
more accurate). That would be silly, of course... but no sillier than
those who want to blame Bush for the failure to connect the dots.

I heard the report I remember on NPR or nightly news.

Another bastion of journalistic integrity - heh heh heh.

Mark "still didn't come up with a smoking gun there" Hickey

Forget it, Mark, jls seems to have a fetish for conspiracies.

Dan, .S. Air Force, retired

I'm just trying to get him to realize that all the Democrat
bomb-throwers filed this one away the day after the election. No one
with even a semblance of common sense would expect the POTUS to be the
one who can pull a "Columbo" out of a proverbial hat, when the sum
total of our combined intelligence agencies couldn't.

Fortunately, Bush DID help fix the division between the agencies,
which is consistent with his job description (while sleuthing isn't).

Mark Hickey
Old March 9th 05, 11:11 PM
Montblack

("Ernest Christley" wrote)
Remember that Hitler didn't rise to power through successive elected
offices. He rose through the back doors of bureaucratic offices.

Not disagreeing, but "H" also rose to power by murdering judges, newspaper
editors, opponents, and all manner of bureaucrats - and this was prior to
1930.

Montblack

Old March 11th 05, 02:24 AM
jls

"Mark Hickey" -- same ol same ol

And then Dannie
Forget it, Mark, jls seems to have a fetish for conspiracies.

JLS happens to like the truth, which is: Bush was asleep at the wheel.

Still asleep too. And trying to convince sheepy Americans that taking
Saddam is the same as taking Osama Bin Ladin, who's laughing up his sleeve
at the incompetent Bushes.

Dan, .S. Air Farce, retired

Old March 11th 05, 02:39 AM
jls

Mark Hickey wrote:

[...]

How goofy. They did have ample intelligence and neither Bush nor anybody
else would listen to them. Now that Americans have read enough of the
Koran and Hadith and understand how moozle-um martyrdom got those zealots a
special place on a higher plain in their paradise, plenty of wine and little
boys and girls to please their lust through eternity, while Bush and idiots
Ashcroft and Cheney called their religion a religion of peace (hawhawhaw!),
Americans are beginning to see the light. Most of them would vote for Bush
again though, because they're addle-brained and stuck on their SUV's and
what little modicum of prosperity they are squandering.

Fortunately, Bush DID help fix the division between the agencies,
which is consistent with his job description (while sleuthing isn't).

Yeah, that's right. The Preznit shouldn't be expected to know the contents
of his daily briefings. That would take some detective work. And Laura was
probably too busy at the ranch arranging the sports schedule on the teevy to
be all that concerned about it too.

It's awful hard when you're at Crawford taking it easy to be bothered with
too much detail, same as the cursory 30-minute smoker blahblah the
Texecution gov and Alberto gave to the condemned before they were executed.

Old March 11th 05, 02:57 AM
LCT Paintball

It is now officially time for this thread to end.

Remember that Hitler didn't rise to power through successive elected
offices. He rose through the back doors of bureaucratic offices.

Thank you to all who have participated.

Goodwin's Law doesn't count if you do it on purpose.

I just love armchair quarterbacks telling me how easy a job is that they've
never tried.

Old March 11th 05, 05:08 AM
Mark Hickey

" jls" wrote:

Yeah, that's right. The Preznit shouldn't be expected to know the contents
of his daily briefings. That would take some detective work. And Laura was
probably too busy at the ranch arranging the sports schedule on the teevy to
be all that concerned about it too.

So just to make sure I know where you're coming from... you think it's
the job of the nation's intelligence agencies to funnel all the data
to the president, who is then responsible for interpreting it.

Ummmmmm....

Mark "wow" Hickey
Old March 11th 05, 05:56 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Mark Hickey wrote:

" jls" wrote:

Yeah, that's right. The Preznit shouldn't be expected to know the contents
of his daily briefings. That would take some detective work. And Laura was
probably too busy at the ranch arranging the sports schedule on the teevy to
be all that concerned about it too.

So just to make sure I know where you're coming from... you think it's
the job of the nation's intelligence agencies to funnel all the data
to the president, who is then responsible for interpreting it.

Ummmmmm....

Mark "wow" Hickey

Mark, jls is obviously delusional and paranoid. Shall we nominate him
for president? The Democrats need a nominee they can all get behind.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old March 11th 05, 06:06 AM
Montblack

("Mark Hickey" wrote)
So just to make sure I know where you're coming from... you think it's
the job of the nation's intelligence agencies to funnel all the data
to the president, who is then responsible for interpreting it.

Wow. This is like a parallel universe from GW's party days - when he had a
beard.

Some buddies, a keg of something, and the same funnel. Chugalug, chugalug.

Montblack

Old March 12th 05, 01:29 PM
jls

" jls" wrote:

Yeah, that's right. The Preznit shouldn't be expected to know the

contents
of his daily briefings. That would take some detective work. And Laura

was
probably too busy at the ranch arranging the sports schedule on the teevy

be all that concerned about it too.

So just to make sure I know where you're coming from... you think it's
the job of the nation's intelligence agencies to funnel all the data
to the president, who is then responsible for interpreting it.

Ummmmmm....

Mark "wow" Hickey

The intelligence services fed Bush all he needed in the English language:
two times in August before the "big bombs" on 9-11 he received warnings of
specific credible threats.

But I think you're right. He did need someone to translate English for
him, he's so poor at it. The buck stopped with Harry Truman. It doesn't
stop with Bush.