Runway incursions

Old September 21st 09, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
C Gattman[_3_]

Default Runway incursions

On Sep 19, 6:27*am, Robert Moore wrote:
C Gattman wrote

there are CFI's out there spreading this level of misinformation,"
then, take it up with the FAA because they licensed me.

Mr. Gattman.....First, you are NOT a CFI and

I beg your pardon? Let's put money on it. You want to see my CFI
number, it's going to cost you.

the FAA did NOT "license" you

Have you not heard of a pilot's license? Or, are just you trying to
belittle me through symantics?

Why are you doing this? Why are you trying to discredit me
professionally by suggesting I'm not a CFI?

-c
Old September 21st 09, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
C Gattman[_3_]

On Sep 19, 12:00*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:

http://www.ntsb.gov/events/symp_ri/R...%20Presentatio...

* *FAA Definition of Incursion

* *Runway Incursion (U.S.) - "Any occurrence at an airport involving an *aircraft, person or object on the ground that creates a collision hazard
* *or results in loss of separation _with an aircraft taking off, intending *to take off, landing or intending to land._"

The "intending to take off" and "intending to land" reoccurs in other
publications, some self-contradictory.

It may be that ATC doesn't interpret regs uniformly, but, "Any
occurence at an airport... that creates a collision hazard" could be
interpreted a lot of ways by the staff at a control tower. Especially
if the FAA is around. But, word by everybody I've spoken to about it
at Troutdale so far is, they call it a runway incursion.

-c

Old September 21st 09, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
C Gattman[_3_]

On Sep 19, 5:46 am, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

"Bloviating gasbag", "pompous-ass newsgroup addict", "holier-than-thou
attitude". I'm sure you can't see the hypocrisy in your message.

You wrote: "I did not insult you" and then IN THE VERY SAME POST you
wrote: "There's nothing at all professional about you, your attitude
makes you unfit to teach." Why did you lie when you said you didn't
insult me, when you said I was "big on ego and short on knowledge",
insult me again, and then expect me to respect you at all?

Nor do I believe everybody you work with at KTTD, including ATC, agrees with you.

At this point I have no further interest in what you believe, or in
attempting to convince you.

You, Mr. Gattman, are flying the airways of life with a couple of props feathered. Seek help.

And there you go again.

The last word is yours. I'll even concede that your source is
literally more definitive than mine, despite what I was told by the
FSDO, etc.
Good for you, sir. Beyond that, I see at this point that all you're
going to do is continue to attack me personally and lie about it, and,
that's just a waste of my time. Unlike some, perhaps, my ego isn't
invested in what fellow usenet chronies think of me on the internet.

-c
Old September 21st 09, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
C Gattman[_3_]

On Sep 20, 5:36*pm, Robert Moore wrote:

Below this reply, I am reposting a discussion on "license" vs
"certificate".

Okay. But, your Flight Instructor Certificate is: CFI1450645

CFwhat? By the way, when did they stop putting CFI before the number?
On my card, the "CFI" is after the number.

Nowhere in Subpart H--FLIGHT INSTRUCTORS is the term CFI used.

It's used in our flight instructor certificate numbers and appears in
every US instructor's logbook endorsement.

It is this little bit of freedom granted to citizens of the United
States of America

Although I'm not comfortable with the idea of "freedom" being granted
by bureaucrats, it's an interesting distinction that might trip
somebody up on an oral exam that might be better spent talking about
airspace or runway incursions.

-c
Old September 21st 09, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mike Ash

In article 0,
Robert Moore wrote:

C Gattman wrote
Have you not heard of a pilot's license? Or, are just you trying to
belittle me through symantics?

Why are you doing this? Why are you trying to discredit me
professionally by suggesting I'm not a CFI?

Below this reply, I am reposting a discussion on "license" vs
"certificate". An article on AvWeb a couple of years back prompted
an exchange of emails between one of their editors and myself.

Please excuse me if the following question was answered in what you
posted. I *did* read it, but may have missed something.

Anyway, my question: I think I understand the legal distinction between
licensing and certification, but what are the *practical* consequences
to me as a pilot in that distinction? In other words, how would my life
as a pilot be different if the US licensed pilots rather than certifying
them?

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth
Old September 21st 09, 04:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Jim Logajan wrote:
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

[...] He cited one FAA website about four times [...]

"About"? I'm not sure I give any credence to someone who has
difficulty counting past three.

Yes, "about" four times. It implies an estimate has been made.

The guy's wacko.

Not nearly as wacko as you, who corrects others when they aren't
precise on an issue of no practical value to runway safety, but can't
be bothered with precision in something as trivial as counting.

You two must be related.

Old September 21st 09, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Robert Moore

Mike Ash wrote
Anyway, my question: I think I understand the legal distinction between
licensing and certification, but what are the *practical* consequences
to me as a pilot in that distinction? In other words, how would my life
as a pilot be different if the US licensed pilots rather than certifying
them?

Probably none...but if the issuing authority calls a piece of paper or
plastic a "certificate", why would anyone call it something else?......
ignorance???

Bob Moore
Old September 21st 09, 06:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jim Logajan

Robert Moore wrote:
Mike Ash wrote
Anyway, my question: I think I understand the legal distinction
between licensing and certification, but what are the *practical*
consequences to me as a pilot in that distinction? In other words,
how would my life as a pilot be different if the US licensed pilots
rather than certifying them?

Probably none...but if the issuing authority calls a piece of paper or
plastic a "certificate", why would anyone call it something
else?

For your edification:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colloquialism

"Words that have a formal meaning may also have a colloquial meaning that,
while technically incorrect, is recognizable due to common usage."

...... ignorance???

In your case, I think pedantry.
Old September 21st 09, 06:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jim Logajan

Robert Moore wrote:
Below this reply, I am reposting a discussion on "license" vs
"certificate".

Oh god, not this triviality _again_.
Old September 21st 09, 06:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mike Ash

In article 0,
Robert Moore wrote:

Mike Ash wrote
Anyway, my question: I think I understand the legal distinction between
licensing and certification, but what are the *practical* consequences
to me as a pilot in that distinction? In other words, how would my life
as a pilot be different if the US licensed pilots rather than certifying
them?

Probably none...but if the issuing authority calls a piece of paper or
plastic a "certificate", why would anyone call it something else?......
ignorance???

I ask the question because some people have discussed it as though it
were a matter of grave importance. I'm one of those people who thinks
that important matters have practical consequences, by definition. Now,
I realize that not everybody is like this, but the discussion around it
sure makes it *sound* like there's a practical consequence, and I want
to know what that consequence is, if any.

As to why you'd call it someone else, if it looks like a license, walks
like a license, and waddles like a license, I'm going to call it a
"license". It's easier to say and much more widely understood. Do you
refer to your car as a "motor vehicle"? That's what the authority calls
it, after all....

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth

ILS Runway 1, Visual approach runway 4 KMEI - Video A Lieberma[_2_] Owning 0 July 4th 09 06:13 PM
Runway Red Lights to cut down on incursions. Gig 601XL Builder[_2_] Piloting 23 March 3rd 08 08:28 PM
Runway incursions James Robinson Piloting 6 November 10th 07 06:29 PM
Rwy incursions Hankal Piloting 10 November 16th 03 02:33 AM
Talk about runway incursions... Dave Russell Piloting 7 August 13th 03 02:09 AM