Free online METAR, TAF and others on your cell phone

Old May 18th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ppl

Default Free online METAR, TAF and others on your cell phone

I have seen that a lot of people is looking for a way (far from a nice
PC) to get a real time weather update... probably on your cell phone.

When I started flying, I often found myself far from a weather
forecaster or a PC to get the METARs and TAFs for the aerodromes I
needed, so I made a little web page that really helps me with that:

http://aviador.es

I use a blackberry and am happy with the result. Even though the
traffic is free if you use a blackberry, the site is thought to
minimize traffic, and thus cost for those (who like me when I started)
are paying for it.

There is also a database with over 9300 fields that you can get your
METAR
or TAF reports or locate a fied on a google map.

If you need an additional field, use the comment link to ask for it.
Comments are also welcome.

There are also some images, as of today mainly focused on European
weather. Let me
know if you''d need something else there, and I'll see what I can do.

I hope this will help you too.
And PLEASE use a local forecaster whenever available!

Enjoy flying!