Strange postings

Old February 6th 20, 11:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Old Geezerr

Default Strange postings

What are the postings with the random character subjects and
authors.

I have seen them on the rail, original and scenic picture groups.
I have been deleting them instead of opening them.

Dave:

Old February 7th 20, 01:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch

In article , Old Geezerr says...

What are the postings with the random character subjects and
authors.

I have seen them on the rail, original and scenic picture groups.
I have been deleting them instead of opening them.

Dave:

I get them too...in multiple groups...the subject line and poster name change so
you can't killfile them...just started...just put up with them and the poster
will tire out...

*

Old February 7th 20, 03:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Old Geezerr

On 6 Feb 2020 16:04:59 -0800, Miloch
wrote:

In article , Old Geezerr says...

What are the postings with the random character subjects and
authors.

I have seen them on the rail, original and scenic picture groups.
I have been deleting them instead of opening them.

Dave:

I get them too...in multiple groups...the subject line and poster name change so
you can't killfile them...just started...just put up with them and the poster
will tire out...

*

Thanks. I don't even bother getting the posting itself.

Dave:

Old February 7th 20, 05:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Flatlander

On Thu, 06 Feb 2020 19:59:49 -0700, Old Geezerr
wrote:

On 6 Feb 2020 16:04:59 -0800, Miloch
wrote:

In article , Old Geezerr says...

What are the postings with the random character subjects and
authors.

I have seen them on the rail, original and scenic picture groups.
I have been deleting them instead of opening them.

Dave:

I get them too...in multiple groups...the subject line and poster name change so
you can't killfile them...just started...just put up with them and the poster
will tire out...

*

Thanks. I don't even bother getting the posting itself.

Dave:

They're virus and password protected files. Not worth the risk and
bandwidth.
Old February 7th 20, 12:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Me359

wrote:

On 6 Feb 2020 16:04:59 -0800, Miloch
wrote:

In article , Old Geezerr
says...

What are the postings with the random character subjects and
authors.

I have seen them on the rail, original and scenic picture groups.
I have been deleting them instead of opening them.

Dave:

I get them too...in multiple groups...the subject line and poster name
change so
you can't killfile them...just started...just put up with them and the
poster
will tire out...

*

Thanks. I don't even bother getting the posting itself.

Dave:

They're virus and password protected files. Not worth the risk and
bandwidth.

Those posting have nothing to do with virusses or password protected files. These posts have been done using
Yenc encoding. That's another kind of encoding than just attaching a picture to a mail, and is used because
the post can be much more condensed and hacked into pieces, each section much smaller in size than a JPG
picture. It used be used a lot more when we still had slow internet connections and as far as I can see only
poster uses it here in the aviation group.
If you use a different newsgroup reader that is able to process Yenc encoded files you can easily read those
posts. I normally use Thunderbird for my e-mails and newsgroups and that application can't cope with Yenc.
I also use Newsleecher which easily deals with Yenc posting and can assure you that
posts a lot
of great aviation pictures. But I admit, I don't always switch to Newsleecher and skip those files, it's just
too much work.

--
----------------------------------------- --- -- -
Posted with NewsLeecher V8.0 Beta 4

Old February 7th 20, 04:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Flatlander

wrote:

On 6 Feb 2020 16:04:59 -0800, Miloch
wrote:

In article , Old Geezerr
says...

[...]

I'm familiar with yenc encoded files. The posts I'm taliking about
are either 0 byte files or encoded RAR files that require passwords or
contain EXE files that are viruses.
Old February 7th 20, 04:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch

In article , Me359 says...

wrote:

On 6 Feb 2020 16:04:59 -0800, Miloch
wrote:

In article , Old Geezerr
says...

[...]

J Three posts through Giganews.com using Forte Agent 6.00/32.1186...

....the poster we're talking about uses Upload.UsNtX and show Usenet.Farm as the
'organization'

*

Old February 7th 20, 04:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Old Geezerr

[...]

I use Forte Agent, which handles Yenc files with no trouble.

What got me about the postings is that the subject and posters name
are a random set of characters and no two posters names are the same.

Has anyone actually opened one of the postings?

Dave:

Old February 7th 20, 06:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
J Three

In article , Me359 says...

wrote:

On 6 Feb 2020 16:04:59 -0800, Miloch
wrote:

In article , Old Geezerr
says...

[...]

I use PowerPost to post
Old February 7th 20, 07:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch

Default Strange postings - j three.JPG

In article , J Three says...

On 7 Feb 2020 07:44:52 -0800, Miloch
wrote:

In article , Me359 says...

*

[...]

Attached is what Newsguy shows...

*

REPORT UNWANTED POSTINGS ON R.A.S. rhwoody Soaring 2 May 27th 09 04:34 AM
J3 Postings The Old Bloke[_9_] Aviation Photos 17 August 28th 08 11:15 PM
multiple postings Andy Soaring 3 January 9th 06 03:41 PM
Free for sale postings [email protected] Aviation Marketplace 0 December 10th 05 10:09 PM
Postings being removed? Neptune Soaring 9 May 19th 04 02:46 AM