Does a Baron 58 have an ejection seat?

Old October 16th 06, 10:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Default Does a Baron 58 have an ejection seat?

B,

Is it really there?

I doubt it, but I haven't flown a Baron.

Ah, then you know less than Manic, per his defition, who at least has
"flown" the sim-Baron. How dare you even try and answer?!

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old October 16th 06, 10:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
cjcampbell

Jim Macklin wrote:
A magnetic field could contain plasma [ which is hot and
emits light ]. Pulsing the field would create the noise and
allow the plasma to contact normal matter. The high
frequency pulse would re-establish the containment.

Heck of a battery in that flashlight handle.

Old October 16th 06, 12:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_1_]

Thomas Borchert wrote:

How dare you even try and answer?!

Excellent point.

Old October 16th 06, 12:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
Thomas Borchert wrote:

Jay,

I know, I know -- because it's an elegant weapon. But without The
Force to guide your hand, you're just a sitting duck for a guy in a
walker with a laser cannon...

Ah, that greatest of all scenes in Indiana Jones in that Arabic market,
where he fights an armada of guys in hand-to-hand combat, and then the
top guy comes on elaborately swinging his sword - and indy simply
shoots him.

Topped by the scene in the next movie where indy encounters
the same situation and confidently reaches down for his sidearm
but it's missing!

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old October 16th 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
Thomas Borchert wrote:

Jim,

and just because of the Heisenberg (sp) effect.

Ah, you're wrong. The Heisenberg correlator does away with that
problem. Part of any decent beaming device. The technical advisors to
Star Trek were asked once in an interview how the correlator works.
Answer: "Thanks, just fine."

Don't need a Heisenbery coorelator as quantum physics was shown to
be a myth (SG-1, season 1, episode 16)

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old October 16th 06, 12:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_1_]

Your question was asked and answered. It got all of the attention it
deserved.

Old October 16th 06, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mike regish

That's what the dilithium crystal fusion drives produce.

Don't you know anything?

mike

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
LOL

BTW, matter transmission as done on StarTrek can NEVER
happen and just because of the Heisenberg (sp) effect.
Einstein's equation works both ways, E=MC^2 means that to
create matter with a weight equal to a person would require
the energy of several thousand atomic bombs, under full
control and without destruction of the mechanism.

Old October 16th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Viperdoc,

Your question was asked and answered. It got all of the attention it
deserved.

And he'd know better anyway.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old October 16th 06, 02:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques

"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
Thomas Borchert wrote:
Jay,

I know, I know -- because it's an elegant weapon. But without The
Force to guide your hand, you're just a sitting duck for a guy in a
walker with a laser cannon...

Ah, that greatest of all scenes in Indiana Jones in that Arabic market,
where he fights an armada of guys in hand-to-hand combat, and then the
top guy comes on elaborately swinging his sword - and indy simply shoots
him.

I LOVE that scene.

Got a friend in the business who relates that this scene was not even in the
script. Ford was fooling around with the actor swinging the sword; pulled
the gun and shot him. Story is that Spielberg absolutely broke up laughing;
immediately stopped filming long enough to put the scene in the script and
reshot it the same day.
The story is now a permanent dinner story at the Spielbergs' I'm told.
Dudley Henriques