ATC speed instructions, wind and altimeter indications

Old October 16th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Allan9

Default ATC speed instructions, wind and altimeter indications

Speed restrictions were normally utilized to maintain ezisting spacing
between aircraft. It also allowed the controller a norma for achieveing
spacong.
Al

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
Mxsmanic wrote:
ATC never gives me speed instructions in simulation; how common are
they in real life? I presume they know enough about aircraft types to
know how fast or slow they can go?

Sometimes you never hear a speed restriction, some days when
the terminal areas are congested, you hear them continually.
We were coming back from San Jose on United (ATC on 9) and
everybody going into Dulles was getting speed restrictions to
meter things into there.

Old October 17th 06, 12:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_1_]

Greg Farris wrote:

Difference between you and him is that you don't come here to insult and
manipulate people, then laugh behind their backs while they fall for the
trick in their desire to be helpful. Once he's driven everyone away with
this tactic it's going to put a dent in your learning. He's bad news -
trying hard to destroy this group - succeeding brilliantly thus far, but
the opposition is rallying.

My personal plan is to answer the questions that I can, that apply to
real flying, and ignore the rest of the posts.

A simple tactic, and I don't see the need for organized opposition.
Old October 19th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Judah

"new_CFI" wrote in news:Xns985DBA121928FNonenospamcom@
216.168.3.50:

A Lieberma wrote in
. 18:

Emily wrote in
:

It's not trolling, it's frustration.

Exactly right Emily, thanks for understanding.

Ok, I have only been here for a short time and have come to understand
why everyone dislikes Mxsmanic.

That being said, he usually asks good questions....if not for him, for
the hundreds of people who lurk but have a fear of posting, a fear that
may be fueled by negative replies.

I say if he asks a question you think a student pilot might ask, reply
to the lurkers that have the same question. Maybe Mxsmanic won't get
anything out of it, but someone who truly is interested will.

I understand the frustration, but remember he may ask the question, but
others with the same question may be reading...just a thought.

I plonked him about a week ago, and my productivity has been up at work
ever since.

That said, I must say that I think he is responsible for a large peak of
activity on this newsgroup, including some VERY entertaining posts!

Old October 25th 06, 05:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Crash Lander[_1_]

"A Lieberma" wrote in message
. 18...
He should post his simulator performance training questions in a simulator
group if he has no intent of getting in a real plane.

Allen

He does, and we're sick of him over there too!
Oz/Crash Lander

Old October 25th 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Crash Lander[_1_]

"new_CFI" wrote in message
That being said, he usually asks good questions....if not for him, for
the hundreds of people who lurk but have a fear of posting, a fear that
may be fueled by negative replies.

I say if he asks a question you think a student pilot might ask, reply
to the lurkers that have the same question. Maybe Mxsmanic won't get
anything out of it, but someone who truly is interested will.

Yes, but I think you'll find that a lot of the frustration seems to stem
from the fact that Myxamitosis won't even bother to try and research the
answers himself! He'd rather just take the lazy option and have real pilots
spoon feed him the answers. I'm a 3.3hr student pilot myself, and I've found
that flying can be very rewarding. What makes the learning process rewarding
is that fact that you can research the answers yourself, and then truly say
YOU did it, rather than say "I got all the answers off a bunch of pilots so
it must be right!"
Oz/Crash Lander

Old October 25th 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Crash Lander[_1_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
You have so much interest in this, you have got to get up in the real
thing...

Not possible or practical at this time, I'm afraid.

It's a bugger that minimum age restriction isn't it! ;-)
Oz/Crash Lander

Old October 25th 06, 08:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Crash Lander writes:

It's a bugger that minimum age restriction isn't it!

I don't know if there is a minimum age in France, but if there is, I'm
surely beyond it, since there are other pilots of my age.