Are autopilots allowed for IFR training?

Old October 22nd 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Are autopilots allowed for IFR training?

Judah writes:

No, because Rec.Aviation.Piloting is a forum for pilots to discuss flying
planes. Rec.Aviation.Student is a forum for flight students to discuss flight
training and flight testing standards. A question about whether an autopilot
is permitted during a flight test applies to the latter.

What's the definition of a pilot?

A bit of respect might go a long way...

I'm unmoved by disrespect, but you're welcome to try, if you wish.

Old October 22nd 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Natalie

Morgans wrote:

All of Mxsmanic's questions could be easily answered by googling this
group, googling the web for products, or by reading the FAA web pages.
Please do not enable him by answering his questions. He is a troll, and
that is what he wants, not to learn anything.
Jim in NC

Take a hike, Jim. I'll talk to who I wish. Your netcopping
contributes nothing to to the forum or this discussion.
Old October 22nd 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

if it is in the airplane, you can be expected to demonstrate it's use on a
check ride.
but you can also be expected to hand fly the approaches to check ride
tolerances.

BT

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Can you use an autopilot when training for or being examined for an
instrument rating, or do you have to fly the aircraft by hand?

Old October 22nd 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Andrew Gideon writes:

And this is based upon your extensive gaming experience?

It is my experience thus far with simulation. Presumably I'll get
better at hand-flying with practice.

Old October 22nd 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Judah writes:

No, because Rec.Aviation.Piloting is a forum for pilots to discuss
flying planes. Rec.Aviation.Student is a forum for flight students to
discuss flight training and flight testing standards. A question about
whether an autopilot is permitted during a flight test applies to the
latter.

What's the definition of a pilot?

What is the definition of a student?
Old October 22nd 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...
Morgans wrote:

All of Mxsmanic's questions could be easily answered by googling this group,
googling the web for products, or by reading the FAA web pages. Please do not
enable him by answering his questions. He is a troll, and that is what he
wants, not to learn anything.
Jim in NC

Take a hike, Jim. I'll talk to who I wish. Your netcopping
contributes nothing to to the forum or this discussion.

Other than the fact that he is slowly destroying this group?

You need to get a fresh breath of reality.

Go ask your bride what she thinks about this troll. Oh, don't bother. I
already know.
--
Jim in NC

Old October 23rd 06, 06:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Blanche,

I can
start out on a heading of 120, turn on the AP. If winds
are from the north, then my actual track is more southerly, depending
on the strength of the winds.

Your heading would remain 120, however.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old October 23rd 06, 10:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dylan Smith

On 2006-10-21, Mxsmanic wrote:
Can you use an autopilot when training for or being examined for an
instrument rating, or do you have to fly the aircraft by hand?

In my multi-engine instrument checkride, I used the autopilot on several
occasions. The examiner will expect you to know how to use all the
equipment in the aircraft, and demonstrate correct cockpit resource
management. In real world IFR this very much means the autopilot is an
important tool - and if you have one, the examiner will expect you to
know how to use it and demonstrate its use.

Old October 23rd 06, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Natalie

Morgans wrote:
\

Other than the fact that he is slowly destroying this group?

Posh. Half the time what he starts ends up a fairly reasonable
discusssion (other than his own stupid observations on aviation
as seen through flightsim).

Go ask your bride what she thinks about this troll. Oh, don't bother.
I already know.

I don't let my wife tell me who I can talk to, so I certainly
am not going to worry about what you think.
Old October 23rd 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_1_]

Ron Natalie wrote:
Morgans wrote:
\

Other than the fact that he is slowly destroying this group?

Posh. Half the time what he starts ends up a fairly reasonable
discusssion (other than his own stupid observations on aviation
as seen through flightsim).

There are probably more messages arguing about him than with him. G

tailwheel endorsement Jose Piloting 65 April 27th 06 01:59 AM
Training Day before SSA Convention Paul Remde Soaring 6 November 9th 05 11:00 PM
Advice and experts with 400 series Cessnas (414 and 421), purchase and training [email protected] Owning 36 January 9th 05 02:32 AM