My First Solo X-Country

Old October 24th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Wade Hasbrouck

Default My First Solo X-Country

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 19:02:31 -0500, "CareBear"
wrote:

I will admit that I was a little nervous but I maintained my cool

Congrats! See you up there!

BTW, never apologize for flying a small aircraft. Everybody flew them
at one time or another, and I still do! G

The president of my flying club is a 747 captain, and I think he enjoys
flying the 172s and the 182 we have more than he does the 747. :-)

Old October 24th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
GeorgeC

I was talking to a jet jockey at the FBO the other day. He was waiting for a
client and I was waiting for the rent a plane place to open. He said "You know
it's a funny thing. All the guys flying small airplanes wish they were flying
big ones" as he waved towards his airplane. "And all the guys flying big ones
wish they were flying small ones" as waived toward the 172's.

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:24:09 -0700, "Wade Hasbrouck"
wrote:

.. .

Old October 24th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Timmay

Good job on the solo x/c. That's what flying's all about, GOING
SOMEWHERE! Good luck with the rest of your training...it just keeps
getting better!

Old October 24th 06, 12:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_1_]

Timmay wrote:
Good job on the solo x/c. That's what flying's all about, GOING
SOMEWHERE! Good luck with the rest of your training...it just keeps
getting better!

I always enjoy first solo X-country posts.

The first time that distant field comes into view, as well as the first
time the home field appears on the horizon, is such an awesome feeling!
Old October 24th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tom[_1_]

I agree with Barry. The first solo posts are always a pleasure to read.
Congratulations on yours.

Tom

First Solo W P Dixon Piloting 8 August 16th 06 05:07 AM
como ganar dinero facil y rapido [email protected] Piloting 0 September 17th 05 11:32 PM
1.4 solo.. Beav Rotorcraft 0 November 5th 04 12:27 AM
Cross Country the main focus of soaring? mat Redsell Soaring 77 October 18th 04 10:40 PM