Does a Baron 58 have an ejection seat?

Old October 15th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Does a Baron 58 have an ejection seat?

I note in the simulation of the Baron in MSFS (Dreamfleet's
simulation), there's a button on the left side of the pilot, part of
several rows of buttons, marked "Ejection seat." I don't know if this
is a joke on the part of the developers, or something that really
exists in the aircraft. In the latter case, the only reason I can
think of for it would be if it were something that existed on a
military version of the aircraft. Is it really there?

Old October 15th 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_1_]

My Baron is equipped with the optional Aces II ejection seats in the front
only. Rather than a ballistic parachute, Beechcraft offered the option of
ejection seats. They are zero-zero (will deploy a chute at zero altitude and
zero forward velocity).

The seat pan has a deployable survival kit as well as a self inflating raft.

Old October 15th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

The Beechjet has a StarTrek matter-transporter that will
beam the passengers and cargo safely to the ground at the
nearest discrete place, then it switches to phaser mode and
destroys the aircraft so there is no dangerous debris
falling on any city.

Old October 15th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
The Beechjet has a StarTrek matter-transporter that will
beam the passengers and cargo safely to the ground at the
nearest discrete place, then it switches to phaser mode and
destroys the aircraft so there is no dangerous debris
falling on any city.

Careful there Jim....we don't want him ejaculating himself from the
simulator! :-)

Old October 15th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Viperdoc wrote:

My Baron is equipped with the optional Aces II ejection seats in the front
only. Rather than a ballistic parachute, Beechcraft offered the option of
ejection seats. They are zero-zero (will deploy a chute at zero altitude and
zero forward velocity).

The seat pan has a deployable survival kit as well as a self inflating raft.

My Bonanza also has the optional ejection seat. Since mine is the lower
powered rocket Beech had to install the V tail. Pilot and passenger
pass thru the Vee in an emergency.
Old October 15th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

LOL

BTW, matter transmission as done on StarTrek can NEVER
happen and just because of the Heisenberg (sp) effect.
Einstein's equation works both ways, E=MC^2 means that to
create matter with a weight equal to a person would require
the energy of several thousand atomic bombs, under full
control and without destruction of the mechanism.

Old October 15th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

No idea, the BE400 is available in military versions as the
T-1 Jayhawk. I have never seen a Beech plane with sloppy
metal work, the Beechjet is especially well done. There
could be a composite material making some sort of antenna.
If you see it again, take a picture and get the N-number.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P
| On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 16:55:16 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
| wrote:
|
| The Beechjet
|
| Speaking of those, I was checking one out on the ground @
HVN
| yesterday, and I've got a question for a BeechJet pilot:
|
| The BJ400 that I was viewing looked like it a had a
"plate" bent over
| the top and welded on. The sheeting wasn't flush with the
rest of the
| fuselage. This "plate" started about halfway up the fuse,
and about 5

Old October 15th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily

Jim Macklin wrote:
LOL

BTW, matter transmission as done on StarTrek can NEVER
happen and just because of the Heisenberg (sp) effect.

Damn you. You just destroyed my dream of never having to sit in traffic
again.
Old October 15th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques

LOL

BTW, matter transmission as done on StarTrek can NEVER
happen and just because of the Heisenberg (sp) effect.
Einstein's equation works both ways, E=MC^2 means that to
create matter with a weight equal to a person would require
the energy of several thousand atomic bombs, under full
control and without destruction of the mechanism.

Hell Jim, I'm still trying to deal with Scrodenger's cat and after dinner I
have to find why Fermat outsmarted both me and the Pythagoreans with the 3rd
exponent!!! :-)))
Dudley

Old October 16th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Don't know for sure. It could be a military version with
air to air refueling added and the "plate could be a shield
for the pressure vessel with the repecepticle. It could be
CIA. I'd be interested in what it is.

"B A R R Y" wrote in
message ...
| On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 17:39:12 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
| wrote:
|
| No idea, the BE400 is available in military versions as
the
| T-1 Jayhawk. I have never seen a Beech plane with sloppy
| metal work, the Beechjet is especially well done. There
| could be a composite material making some sort of
antenna.
| If you see it again, take a picture and get the N-number.
|
| I will, it was very weird. This appeared to be a civil
aircraft, but
| who knows if it started out that way. Maybe it's
undercover Secret
| Service, CIA or FBI? G
|
| The sheet metal work on my Sundowner is excellent, and I'd
expect even
| better on a jet.
|
| The antenna suggestion is interesting, as the "plate" was
~ 1/4"