Broken P lead?

Old October 17th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns

Default Broken P lead?

My plane won't shut down when I press Alt+F4.... could I have a broken P
lead?

Old October 17th 06, 06:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RK Henry

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 21:41:58 -0500, "Jim Burns"
wrote:

My plane won't shut down when I press Alt+F4.... could I have a broken P
lead?

Nice try, but REAL airplanes shut down with control-C.

RK Henry
Old October 17th 06, 08:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
RK Henry wrote:

My plane won't shut down when I press Alt+F4.... could I have a broken P
lead?

Nice try, but REAL airplanes shut down with control-C.

CMD-C, not control-C

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old October 17th 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_1_]

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
news
My plane won't shut down when I press Alt+F4.... could I have a broken P
lead?

You don't shut down using the p-leads, you use the fuel mixture. If you
don't have one, simply turn off the fuel. Fuel is supplied by the black
cable that plugs into the wall. Simply pull that plug, and your plane will
shut down.

Old October 17th 06, 01:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article LY3Zg.4866$IW6.3439@trndny01,
"Steve Foley" wrote:

You don't shut down using the p-leads, you use the fuel mixture. If you
don't have one, simply turn off the fuel. Fuel is supplied by the black
cable that plugs into the wall. Simply pull that plug, and your plane will
shut down.

Mine keeps running for more than 2 hours. Am I doing something wrong?

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old October 17th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_1_]

"Steve Foley" wrote:

You don't shut down using the p-leads, you use the fuel mixture. If you
don't have one, simply turn off the fuel. Fuel is supplied by the black
cable that plugs into the wall. Simply pull that plug, and your plane

will
shut down.

Mine keeps running for more than 2 hours. Am I doing something wrong?

Switch to Microsoft Windows. No way that will run 2 hours.

Old October 17th 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_1_]

Steve Foley wrote:
Fuel is supplied by the black
cable that plugs into the wall. Simply pull that plug, and your plane will
shut down.

Install a Variac, so the computer mixture can be adjusted. I wonder how
long the computer will run lean of peak
Old October 17th 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ben Jackson

On 2006-10-17, Jim Burns wrote:
My plane won't shut down when I press Alt+F4.... could I have a broken P
lead?

Shutting down your plane with Alt-F4 is very dangerous. The engine
will be running again next time someone starts up, and they could be
injured by the unexpected whirling pixels.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD

http://www.ben.com/