Mxs wins.

Old October 22nd 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Default Mxs wins.

Well, I'm going to take a break from this group for a while. The signal to
noise level is so high, and the volume of junk so large, it takes too much time
and annoys me.

I'm tired of being called a netcop, among other things, and since all of you
"weenies" that are enabling this troll by responding have pushed this group into
the dumpster, as far as I am concerned.

I'll check back from time to time, and when he goes, I'll return.

See you in the funny papers! g
--
Jim in NC

Sorry for calling some of you weenies, but that's how I see it, at the moment.

Old October 23rd 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I agree.

Old October 23rd 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_1_]

Unfortunately have to agree as well.

Old October 23rd 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Viperdoc wrote:

Unfortunately have to agree as well.

You all really need to become familiar with your scoring and actions
feature of your newsreader. If you don't have one with such a feature,
consider switching.

I use 40tude Dialog and I was easily able to create a filter that not only
blocks Msux, but also any follow-ups to his posts.

In my experience, this newsgroup still contains a lot of valuable exchanges
and the noise is back to a tolerable level.

--
Peter
Old October 23rd 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Wizard of Draws

On 10/22/06 7:48 PM, in article
, "Peter R."
wrote:

Viperdoc wrote:

Unfortunately have to agree as well.

You all really need to become familiar with your scoring and actions
feature of your newsreader. If you don't have one with such a feature,
consider switching.

I use 40tude Dialog and I was easily able to create a filter that not only
blocks Msux, but also any follow-ups to his posts.

In my experience, this newsgroup still contains a lot of valuable exchanges
and the noise is back to a tolerable level.

There's a couple of groups that I wouldn't subscribe to if I didn't have the
option of filtering specific posters. It makes a world of difference in my
enjoyment of those groups. I haven't filtered M yet, but it's probably
coming to that.
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino

Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
http://www.wizardofdraws.com

More Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
http://www.cartoonclipart.com

Old October 23rd 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Morgans wrote:
Well, I'm going to take a break from this group for a while. The signal to
noise level is so high, and the volume of junk so large, it takes too much
time and annoys me.

No need for you to bail. What you need to do is grit your teeth and filter the
troll. I notice you use Outlook Express, as I do. The very first thing you do
is when you see one of his messages go up to the top of your window and click on
Messages Block Sender. Instantly away go troubles down the drain. That takes
care of him. Your next step can be handled in a number of ways: how to rid
yourself of the threads he's polluted the group with. One would be to pick a
message in the offending thread, go to the top of the window and select Message
Ignore Thread. WHOOSH!!!!! Gone. It won't take you long to clean up the

newsgroup with just a click or two.

I've chosen to apply a different approach to step two: I use a program called
NewsProxy as an add-on to Outlook Express. It allows me to filter based on
different characteristics. One of the most valuable is the ability to filter on
cross posts. I've noted over time that most of the worst off-topic crap gets
posted via crossposting. That's not unique to this group; it made
sci.medicine.nursing damn near unreadable. Anyway, I already had a filter that
deleted any message that was crossposted to more than two groups. That cleaned
up 95% of the traffic in the nursing group, as well as talk. politics.guns and
several others. It didn't cut it for our particular problem though, so I added
a special filter just for this newsgroup that says that if a message is posted
to rec.aviation.piloting and is also posted to ANY other newsgroup, delete it.
That took care of Numbnuts (if the block sender didn't already) but more
importantly nuked the threads... since he always crossposts any thread he
starts. If he mutates, I'll just initiate the Ignore Thread option. Either
way, I've gone all day without him or his crap.

If anyone is interested in how to set up News Proxy, you can send me an email
with a phone number and I can talk you through the setup in about 5 minutes.
I'm free pretty much any day except Tuesday afternoon; don't have to work again
until next Saturday.

I'm tired of being called a netcop, among other things, and since all of you
"weenies" that are enabling this troll by responding have pushed this group
into the dumpster, as far as I am concerned.

That grated on my nerves as well. All I can say is get over it. There are
others in this group who very much agree with both of us. The others deserve
what they're getting.

I'll check back from time to time, and when he goes, I'll return.

I'd ask you to reconsider. First, don't let the ******* win. Second, you have
something to contribute here that is worth much more than the dribblings of that
little diaper smear. Third, it is very possible to rid your world of his odor,
as I've described above.

I should have nuked him long ago but found myself drawn to his postings like a
lemming to the sea. Yet the more I read, the more I'd get ****ed. The more the
enablers insisted he wasn't really a troll, the more ****ed I'd get. I'm a
nurse, I know a turd when I see one. Please don't tell me it's a rose. But I
digress. Take my advice and just nuke him instead of the group.

Nulle *******o carborundum.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old October 23rd 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Howard Nelson

NewsProxy as an add-on to Outlook Express.

I googled NewsProxy . Couldn't find a decent link. Any link to this program?

Howard

Old October 23rd 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Aluckyguess

Just dont read them. Jeez.

See Ya.

Old October 23rd 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
flyin_coyote

Don't hurry back. Its a public forum not your personnel newsgroup. If you
don't like it you should leave and find one that fits your needs. Maybe you
can start alt.rec.corncobupmyass.pilot.

I will go back to just lurking again. I just felt compelled to say that. You
can go and correct my grammer now. I am sure I made a million mistakes.

Old October 23rd 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

flyin_coyote wrote:

You can go and correct my grammer now.

Classic! Did you do that on purpose?