Wanted 5-cylinder B-75 Lawrence radial

Old February 24th 04, 07:37 PM
Chris Wertman

Default Wanted 5-cylinder B-75 Lawrence radial

Hello all

I posted a query some time ago looking for information on an engine,
Thanks to all the people that responded.

I had, though I had a source for some of these but he sold all he had
about a year ago.

I am in pretty desperate need of this engine it is a 5-cylinder B-75
Lawrence radial 37.5 HP. They were used as APU engines on WWII vintage
US bombers.

This is for a non-avaition project , Ideally a good running or close
to running and I would like a couple of these incomplete OK just for
parts.

I know there are MANY other engine options but to be honest NONE have
the visual effect of the Radial I am looking for.

I have seen kits for 5cyl radials made out of VW jugs, but it isnt the
size I am looking for.

My understanding is these were sold surplus for some time to the
homebuilt market.

Sooooo that is why I am posting this here.

Drop me a line directly if you have or know of one of these for sale.

Thanks

Chris
Old February 24th 04, 08:41 PM
Curious Question

Chris Wertman wrote:

Hello all

This is for a non-avaition project

Now don't be keeping us in suspense........

Whatcha building.
Old February 25th 04, 04:53 PM
Chris Wertman

Now don't be keeping us in suspense........

Whatcha building.

A motorcycle I know its insane but I have a really cool old school
chopper frame that has a C shaped engine basket theat is more than big
enough to nestle in the Lawrance radial, 5 exhaust pipes and the sound
of a radial is just too tempting for me not to try. And its a little
more sane than my pitbike that had a honda 350 on a JR50 frame

Chris
Old April 8th 10, 01:53 AM
Michael Albaitis Michael Albaitis is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wertman View Post
[...]

I have a complete Lawrence 5 cylinder engine for sale. 810 964 2298