NATCA Going Down in Flames

Old September 8th 06, 11:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

Default NATCA Going Down in Flames

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...

One of the other changes was the elimination of CIC pay. When a
controller
was functioning in a supervisory capacity, Controller in Charge, an
additional 10% of base pay was earned. Over the past 18 pay periods I
averaged $99.87 in CIC pay, so I just took an effective pay cut of almost
$2600 per year. Would you be happy about that if you were in my place?
Would your employees be happy about it if you imposed it on them? Why do
you choose to ignore that change and focus on the dress code?

NOW you're talking about something substantive. Of course what you've
described is an issue -- so get your collective heads out of your
collective butts about having to dress professionally, and start
discussing the *real* issues.

Why don't you answer my questions?

Why not? Aren't private sector employees superior to government
employees?
If it improved FSS why wouldn't it improve ATC?

I firmly believe that privatization WOULD make ATC better.

Why?

But that is certainly NOT going to help GA.

Why not? How could an improved ATC not benefit all users?

Old September 8th 06, 12:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...

NOW you're talking about something substantive. Of course what you've
described is an issue -- so get your collective heads out of your
collective butts about having to dress professionally, and start
discussing the *real* issues.

YOU started this thread. YOU are the one that focused on the dress code and
ignored the rest of the newly imposed work rules.

Old September 8th 06, 01:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

The FAA is immune from Darwin.

Sadly, you keep making better and better arguments in favor of ATC
privatization.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 8th 06, 01:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sadly, you keep making better and better arguments in favor of ATC
privatization.

Why aren't you an advocate of ATC privatization? Why the inconsistency?

Old September 8th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

Sadly, you keep making better and better arguments in favor of ATC
privatization.

A privatized ATC is also immune from Darwin. For essentially the same
reasons.

Jose
--
There are more ways to skin a cat than there are cats.
Old September 8th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Emily" wrote in message
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
m...
"Emily" wrote in message
Jose wrote:
Well, someone has yet to give me a way that I can fly IN MY LOCAL
AREA without talking to ATC.
Sounds like a case of "if it's not in my back yard, it's not a
problem". It reminds me of the DC ADIZ.

Jose
I'm not saying anything's not a problem. If you can fly without
talking to ATC, more power to you. I can't.
What, the airplane will fall out of the air if you aren't talking to
someone?

Remember Emily thinks it is unprofessional to not file a flight plan for
all flights.

Uh, that was someone else.

You're right it was. Sorry Emily.

Old September 8th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skylune[_1_]

Many federal, unionized employees have an entitlement mentality. You know,
like GA pilots who want tax subsidies to support their hobby.

Old September 8th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee

"Skylune" wrote:

Many federal, unionized employees have an entitlement mentality. You know,
like GA pilots who want tax subsidies to support their hobby.

What don't you understand about fuel taxes? Are you working on your
assignment showing costs and fees/taxes paid among the various
aviation groups? If not then you really should stop the GA tax
subsidy rant.

Ron Lee

Old September 8th 06, 07:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Ron Lee" wrote in message
"Skylune" wrote:

Many federal, unionized employees have an entitlement mentality. You
know,
like GA pilots who want tax subsidies to support their hobby.

What don't you understand about fuel taxes? Are you working on your
assignment showing costs and fees/taxes paid among the various
aviation groups? If not then you really should stop the GA tax
subsidy rant.

Skylune is an anti-aviation troll. He may even be aware that what he writes
is false, but that won't stop him from writing it.

Old September 8th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

NOW you're talking about something substantive. Of course what you've
described is an issue -- so get your collective heads out of your
collective butts about having to dress professionally, and start
discussing the *real* issues.

YOU started this thread. YOU are the one that focused on the dress code and
ignored the rest of the newly imposed work rules.

NATCA throwing a fit about a minor dress code change was newsworthy
enough for AvWeb to pick up; thus, the thread.

My statement stands. If controllers want issues to be taken seriously,
tell your union to stop worrying about the window dressing, stop
whining about having to dress like businesspeople, and focus on the
substantive issues. Starting a dispute over this kind of stuff isn't
doing anything but make NATCA look unprofessional.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA