Record flight video

Old March 18th 04, 11:43 PM
miriano

Default Record flight video

At the page:
http://topfly.free.fr/fr/video2003.htm
There are two video of the last Argentina expedition by Jean-Marie
Clement. The first one titled "Maiden Flight" is just two minutes with
a lady, the most interesting is the one titled "Record du bout du
monde", seven minutes about the world record 2025 kilometers
out-and-return flight. The glider they meet half way is Klaus
Ohlmann...
The comments are for the moment in French, will be in English in the
next future. Jean-Marie is a France national, but he lives in Italy
since more than 20 years.
Old March 19th 04, 10:12 PM
Rod

Amazing to see a 4DM doing a loop. Guess I gotta try that sometime this
summer with mine.

Rod

Old March 20th 04, 12:55 AM
Eric Greenwell

Rod wrote:
Amazing to see a 4DM doing a loop. Guess I gotta try that sometime this
summer with mine.

Is that allowed in the Flight manual? Considering the in-flight breakups
of 4s, that seems kind of nervy.

--
-----
change "netto" to "net" to email me directly

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Old March 20th 04, 02:10 AM
Mark James Boyd

In article ,
Eric Greenwell wrote:
Rod wrote:
Amazing to see a 4DM doing a loop. Guess I gotta try that sometime this
summer with mine.

Is that allowed in the Flight manual? Considering the in-flight breakups
of 4s, that seems kind of nervy.

"nervy." Hmmm...Eric you are a very polite man.
--

------------+
Mark Boyd
Old March 20th 04, 10:39 PM
Rod

Of course it's not allowed. As far as I know none of the SH aircraft are
certified for acro.

Rod

Old March 21st 04, 07:49 AM
tango4

Loops, Stall turns and lazy eights are in the flight manual of my Ventus Bt,
as is extensive discussions of the spinning characteristics.

Ian

Old March 21st 04, 03:04 PM
Eric Greenwell

"Rod" wrote in message

Of course it's not allowed. As far as I know none of the SH aircraft are
certified for acro.

THe reason I asked in the first place (in addition to concerns about
overspeeding and in flight breakup) it seems motorgliders have
restrictions against things like loops that unpowered gliders don't, so
I was wondering if the Nimbus 4DM might be an exception to that . My ASH
26 E Flight manual doesn't allow loops, but I don't know if that is also
true for the ASH 26 (no engine).

--
-----

Old March 21st 04, 04:26 PM
tango4

Hi Eric

The manual says you can still do the Aero with the motor in the Ventus bt
( not that I'm keen! )

Ian