long flight

Old June 16th 10, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default long flight

My glider N199AK supposedly landed at Johnstown, PA airport last
year..........I have the Port Authority bill sent to me to pay for the
landing fee.

My question is: can I use this bill as proof that I flew there from
Washington State? And if so, I believe that may make my flight one of
the longest sailplane flights in North America.............and all for
$25.00!

Brad
Old June 16th 10, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Jun 16, 11:01*am, Brad wrote:
My glider N199AK supposedly landed at Johnstown, PA airport last
year..........I have the Port Authority bill sent to me to pay for the
landing fee.

My question is: can I use this bill as proof that I flew there from
Washington State? And if so, I believe that may make my flight one of
the longest sailplane flights in North America.............and all for
$25.00!

Brad

I'm sure there is something in the Sporting Code that will support the
claim
Old June 16th 10, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lanebush

On Jun 16, 12:12*pm, Tony wrote:
On Jun 16, 11:01*am, Brad wrote:

My glider N199AK supposedly landed at Johnstown, PA airport last
year..........I have the Port Authority bill sent to me to pay for the
landing fee.

My question is: can I use this bill as proof that I flew there from
Washington State? And if so, I believe that may make my flight one of
the longest sailplane flights in North America.............and all for
$25.00!

Brad

I'm sure there is something in the Sporting Code that will support the
claim

Probably not as the paper declaration and the electronic declaration
do not agree. Also, you have your registration number on your paper
declaration but only your competition number on your electronic
declaration. And your official observer has claimed he has at least a
silver badge but there are no records of such with the SSA. Your
parachute was out of date and you did not have a two year
certification on your transponder. The FAA has advised us that the
flight in question was not listed on your program letter on file with
the local FSDO and you nipped some airspace during your flight
(although you had permission via two way communication). For the
above reasons your world record setting flight has been determined to
not be valid and therefore did not exist.

Old June 16th 10, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Jun 16, 9:28*am, lanebush wrote:
On Jun 16, 12:12*pm, Tony wrote:

On Jun 16, 11:01*am, Brad wrote:

[...]

darn..................do I still have to pay that landing fee??

Brad
Old June 17th 10, 04:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_13_]

On Jun 16, 12:12*pm, Tony wrote:

On Jun 16, 11:01*am, Brad wrote:

[...]

Brad- Hide quoted text -

Brad,
could you give us some details of your amazing flight !!!

What a Long Flight [email protected] Piloting 22 February 29th 08 12:17 PM
Long flight Thomas Knauff Soaring 3 June 14th 06 03:34 PM
returned to flight (a little long) Matt Whiting Instrument Flight Rules 7 June 1st 04 01:40 PM
Long flight plan David Rind Piloting 24 November 21st 03 06:12 PM
First flight with my wife! (long) Wily Wapiti Piloting 8 August 30th 03 05:57 PM