A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

My Portable Power Flarm apparently didn't log an .IGC file fortoday's flight (too bad because we caught our strongest thermal yet around KSFM!)

Old July 1st 18, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kristin Nowell
external usenet poster

Default My Portable Power Flarm apparently didn't log an .IGC file fortoday's flight (too bad because we caught our strongest thermal yet around KSFM!)

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem? I updated to version 6.42 a while ago, and since then I have gotten several error messages saying SD card not found (even though it is in there) on start up, but that seemed to fix itself upon restarting the unit. But after today's flight it just recopied yesterday's flight onto the SD card. Perhaps I should try running the Repair function...?

Thanks,

Kristin
Dimona H36 motorglider
Old July 1st 18, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default My Portable Power Flarm apparently didn't log an .IGC file fortoday's flight (too bad because we caught our strongest thermal yet around KSFM!)

On Sunday, July 1, 2018 at 4:09:00 PM UTC-4, Kristin Nowell wrote:
Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem? I updated to version 6.42 a while ago, and since then I have gotten several error messages saying SD card not found (even though it is in there) on start up, but that seemed to fix itself upon restarting the unit. But after today's flight it just recopied yesterday's flight onto the SD card. Perhaps I should try running the Repair function...?

Thanks,

Kristin
Dimona H36 motorglider

Perhaps try another mSD card?
Old July 1st 18, 10:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

I would put the SD card into a PC and run a file system check on it. It's very easy for removable media to get corrupted such that it will confuse simple devices. Alternatively, try another micro SD card. Make sure it's 32gb or less and formatted Fat16 or FAT32, not NTFS or some other file system..

RS

On Sunday, July 1, 2018 at 3:09:00 PM UTC-5, Kristin Nowell wrote:

Thanks,

Kristin
Dimona H36 motorglider

Old July 2nd 18, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde
external usenet poster

Hi Kristin,

Did you use the menus on the Portable to transfer the flight log to the memory card? The Core does that at power-up, but I think you need to initiate the transfer on the Portable.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Thanks,

Kristin
Dimona H36 motorglider

Old July 2nd 18, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kristin Nowell
external usenet poster

Reformatting the SD card seems to have fixed the problem - thanks so much for your advice!! Yesterday's flight is there after all, hurray! And yes, Paul, with the Portable you have to use the device menu to write IGC files to the SD card, I do this after every flight.

On Sunday, July 1, 2018 at 5:57:48 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I would put the SD card into a PC and run a file system check on it. It's very easy for removable media to get corrupted such that it will confuse simple devices. Alternatively, try another micro SD card. Make sure it's 32gb or less and formatted Fat16 or FAT32, not NTFS or some other file system.

RS

Thanks,

Kristin
Dimona H36 motorglider