My Portable Power Flarm apparently didn't log an .IGC file fortoday's flight (too bad because we caught our strongest thermal yet around KSFM!)

Old July 1st 18, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kristin Nowell

Default My Portable Power Flarm apparently didn't log an .IGC file fortoday's flight (too bad because we caught our strongest thermal yet around KSFM!)

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem? I updated to version 6.42 a while ago, and since then I have gotten several error messages saying SD card not found (even though it is in there) on start up, but that seemed to fix itself upon restarting the unit. But after today's flight it just recopied yesterday's flight onto the SD card. Perhaps I should try running the Repair function...?

Thanks,

Kristin
Dimona H36 motorglider
Old July 1st 18, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Sunday, July 1, 2018 at 4:09:00 PM UTC-4, Kristin Nowell wrote:
Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem? I updated to version 6.42 a while ago, and since then I have gotten several error messages saying SD card not found (even though it is in there) on start up, but that seemed to fix itself upon restarting the unit. But after today's flight it just recopied yesterday's flight onto the SD card. Perhaps I should try running the Repair function...?

Thanks,

Kristin
Dimona H36 motorglider

Perhaps try another mSD card?

Old July 2nd 18, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Kristin,

Did you use the menus on the Portable to transfer the flight log to the memory card? The Core does that at power-up, but I think you need to initiate the transfer on the Portable.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.