The 4 dollar / 2 second GPS mount

Old February 9th 04, 05:38 AM
John Harlow

Default The 4 dollar / 2 second GPS mount

http://www.johnnyhouse.com/gps_mount.htm

Old February 9th 04, 12:13 PM
g n p

It might be worthwhile to have the antenna closer to the window.

Old February 9th 04, 03:21 PM
John Harlow

It might be worthwhile to have the antenna closer to the window.

Seems to work just fine where it is.

Old February 9th 04, 01:14 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "John Harlow" said:
http://www.johnnyhouse.com/gps_mount.htm

No duct tape? So, do the women find you handsome or handy?

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
chown -R us /yourbase
Old February 9th 04, 04:58 PM
John Harlow

http://www.johnnyhouse.com/gps_mount.htm

No duct tape? So, do the women find you handsome or handy?

I could give ugly lessons to a blowfish, but I can keep her truck running.

chown -R us /yourbase

Have you hugged your 'zig' today?

Old February 9th 04, 08:47 PM
cloudstormer

I only once used the Velcrostrip. Then the glue was all over the place and I
had a hard time getting it removed.

Then I got hold of a large paperclamp. I use that to mount the Garmin III
using the bracket eactly on the space advised in the owner's manual, under
the compass. The clamp sticks out a bit, but that's not a problem for me.

I'm used to sit at a high position in the chair (due to the fact that I
always use a parachute on which I sit during paradropping).
Therefore the GPS is never blocking my view.

Ed

Old February 9th 04, 09:23 PM
John Harlow

"cloudstormer" wrote in message
. nl...

I only once used the Velcrostrip. Then the glue was all over the place and

had a hard time getting it removed.

Then I got hold of a large paperclamp. I use that to mount the Garmin III
using the bracket eactly on the space advised in the owner's manual, under
the compass. The clamp sticks out a bit, but that's not a problem for me.

Interesting you mention this. I was just beginning my evening workout when
I noticed someone had closed my potato chip bag with one of these:

http://www.organize-everything.com/jumchipclip.html

I thought it might be useable as a GPS mount , but it'd be to high for me
and the dashboards of our old planes don't need any more help in the
deterioration department. So, I looked at the "professional" clamps online
and decided a hundred or so dollars was too much to hold a GPS - plus they
are pretty clumsy devices. Besides, I strive for more of a "Red Green"
look...