GLIDING INTERNATIONAL

Old April 2nd 10, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
johnhamish

Default GLIDING INTERNATIONAL

The latest issue of Gliding International covers the story on the new
sailplane with three outstanding features - (1) L/D 46:1, (2) 60 fpm
sink rate, and (3) $US73,000 cost.

New subscribers can enroll at www.glidinginternational.com

JOHN ROAKE
EDITOR
Old April 3rd 10, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

On Apr 2, 3:12*pm, johnhamish wrote:
The latest issue of Gliding International covers the story on the new
sailplane with three outstanding features *- (1) L/D 46:1, *(2) 60 fpm
sink rate, and *(3) *$US73,000 cost.

New subscribers can enroll atwww.glidinginternational.com

JOHN ROAKE
EDITOR

John -

Forgive my ignorance, but as someone who's only been soaring for 3
years I'm not familiar with you or your work. The website doesn't
have a lot of details about your history, qualifications, etc.

I'm intrigued, but I hope you can understand my reluctance to drop $64
on an "unknown" (to me) author/pilot.

I post this not to be a jerk, but to suggest that you provide more
info in your promotional posts and on your website. That way people
can educate themselves about you and your work, as they hear about
your posts & products.

--Noel

Old April 3rd 10, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Apr 2, 7:23*pm, "noel.wade" wrote:
[...]

Noel - It will be $64 well spent !
Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"
Old April 3rd 10, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane

On Apr 2, 7:42*pm, Dave Nadler wrote:
[...]

I also subscribe to gliding international, and heartily endorse it.
It's a very good, informative publication. Sailplane and gliding is
also excellent.

John Cochrane BB
Old April 3rd 10, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]

On Apr 2, 5:23*pm, "noel.wade" wrote:
[...]

I've been soaring 37 years and have subscribed to many fine soaring
related magazines over the years. "Gliding International" is a
relatively new magazine and has quickly become an outstanding
publication. I am sure others can talk in more detail about John
Roake, but I can tell you that John has put together a great magazine
filled with: international soaring news, pilot reports on new
sailplanes, articles on weather, instrumentation, soaring techniques,
glider personalities, etc, etc. If you decide to subscribe, I am sure
that you will not be disappointed!

Thanks - Renny Rozzoni
Albuquerque, NM
Old April 3rd 10, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Apr 2, 8:22*pm, John Cochrane
wrote:
[...]

S&G is the BGA publication.

Both GI and S&G are published in six issues annually.

Surely someone in your area subscribes to one, the other, or both.
Try to check both out and read more than one issue of each. I think
you'll like what you find.

John Roake pushed Gliding Kiwi out the door for many years before
launching Gliding International.

Frank Whiteley
Old April 3rd 10, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Apr 2, 7:36*pm, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Apr 2, 8:22*pm, John Cochrane
wrote:

[...]

hey...........someone tell me about that cool sounding
glider................I'll read Noels issue of S&G when he's finished
reading it!

Brad
Old April 3rd 10, 05:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Seaborn[_2_]

Gliding International is an excellent publication and a good read. Two
thumbs up. John Roake has done a good thing with the publication and I
appreciate his posts here.

John Seaborn

MAY ISSUE - GLIDING INTERNATIONAL [email protected] Soaring 0 April 18th 09 06:42 AM
GLIDING INTERNATIONAL [email protected] Soaring 0 February 20th 09 11:46 PM
GLIDING INTERNATIONAL - (The magazine) john Soaring 0 September 7th 08 05:24 AM
Gliding International john Soaring 0 May 4th 08 12:29 AM
Gliding International Magazine!! Paul Hanson Soaring 3 January 24th 08 01:31 AM