private runway

Old July 30th 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JA_MORAN

Default private runway

what must I do and who needs to be contacted if I intend to put a runway
on my property.

I own 160 acres in Cochise County, Arizona along US Highway 191.

JOHN
Old July 30th 07, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

JA_MORAN wrote:
what must I do and who needs to be contacted if I intend to put a runway
on my property.

AOPA is the place to start.

Matt
Old July 30th 07, 05:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

May also want to consider your state aeronautics board, and perhaps the
local town administration.. there may be zoning or other ordnances that need
to be considered.

Old July 30th 07, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

1. contact your local government agency to see if where you are has any
prohibitions regarding landing sites in their jurisdiction.
2. contact your state aviation agency about state regulations that apply
to landing sites.
3. download a copy of the FAA 5010 form and the instructions on how to
fill out the form.

http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraff...sources/forms/

scroll down to Airspace/Landing Area and select
Notice of Landing Area Proposal (1/93) (PDF) 7480-1 MS Word
Notifies the FAA of any construction, alteration, activation,
deactivation, or change to the status or use of a civil or joint-use
(civil/military) airport (part 157)

4. contact the FAA ADO (Airport District Office) for the Region of the
country you live in.

http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraff...idance/southwe
st/about_airports/

Old July 30th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john hawkins

You guys sure make it too complicated..

Several years ago I ferried a champ to a farmer in Western NY state. He
just mowed a strip in his field. Worked fine for him. Of course it was NOT a
public facility.

Of course this was long before thoes insane lawyer home owners in Mass sued
an actobatic practice area.

Old July 30th 07, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 18:10:12 -0700, JA_MORAN
wrote in :

what must I do and who needs to be contacted if I intend to put a runway
on my property.

I own 160 acres in Cochise County, Arizona along US Highway 191.

JOHN

I was considering grading a landing strip on an 80 acre parcel in San
Luis Obispo county, California. As I recall, the county had no
restrictions against it on that agricultural parcel.

Old July 30th 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

wrote in :

what must I do and who needs to be contacted if I intend to put a runway
on my property.

I own 160 acres in Cochise County, Arizona along US Highway 191.

JOHN

I was considering grading a landing strip on an 80 acre parcel in San
Luis Obispo county, California. As I recall, the county had no
restrictions against it on that agricultural parcel.

You can see a paved strip on a neighboring property he
http://local.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8...&t=h&z=14&om=1
Old July 30th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

JA_MORAN wrote:
what must I do and who needs to be contacted if I intend to put a runway
on my property.

I own 160 acres in Cochise County, Arizona along US Highway 191.

JOHN

There are really two parts to this; permission to build in the first
place and registration after it is built.

In your place I think I would first call the local zoning people to
make sure you can do it. If it is in the boonies, it probably isn't
a problem.

The I would call the Azdot aviation division and see if there are
any pre-build requirements from them and get whatever registration
forms are required.

AFAIK, the FAA only wants to be told about private strips and
doesn't regulate them.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old July 30th 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Aluckyguess

That is what I was thinking. If you are the only one landing there just make
the strip and land. The only problem might be insurance.
. net...

JA_MORAN wrote:
what must I do and who needs to be contacted if I intend to put a
runway
on my property.

A WHAT Ran off the End of our Runway?? Marco Leon Piloting 10 May 17th 06 02:46 AM
Runway ID Lakeview Bill Piloting 55 October 18th 05 12:53 AM
Runway needs of F4U and F-4 ???? vincent p. norris Naval Aviation 8 October 6th 05 07:18 PM
Short 12,000 ft runway Charles Talleyrand Piloting 17 June 27th 05 03:44 PM
Runway in Use Sniper@SDU Simulators 11 October 8th 03 10:57 AM