Powerflarm in spring 2011

Old November 18th 10, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default Powerflarm in spring 2011

I'm curious how many unit will be shipped to the vendors, and if the
vendors will prioritize the units as to their use. It may be that the
amount of units available outnumber the amount of units pre-sold. If
not...............

For example: Will powerflarm units going to non-competition pilots be
secondary to providing the initial run to those wanting to use them in
contests. This includes the group that wishes to buy in volume for
rental use.

I was one of the first batch of pilots to get on the list and provide
my C.C. number. I would imagine that first come first serve would be
the model used.

Brad

Old November 18th 10, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Brad,

I don't know how other dealers are handling priorities, but I have a
spreadsheet showing each customer and the order date. They will ship to
customers in the order the orders were received.

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old November 18th 10, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom[_12_]

Ship by the order received date seems the only fair way to handle it,
and my guess is all of us dealers will do it this way.

Tom Knauff
Old November 30th 10, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mattm[_2_]

I've got a related question. We're getting a batch order ready from
our field
and at least two of us want the brick + external display version.
Does
the discount apply if we get the round display option? The squarish
display doesn't fit in my panel very well; I can just remove a vario
get the round display to fit. However, the various retailer websites
seem to imply that we have to order the square displays to get the
group discount.

Also, one more question. Obviously there has to be some
variant of the FLARM sentence that displays transponder
traffic. The PDA software developers need to know what
that variant looks like in order to handle that traffic when
it shows up. I'd rather not be in the position of trying to
get an update to my PDA software this spring after I find
out my PDA goes haywire when a transponder goes by!

Thanks,
-- Matt

Old November 30th 10, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Matt,

FLARM USA has stated that the group discount applies only to the PowerFLARM
Brick With Display or the Portable version. It does not apply to the
PowerFLARM Brick without display.

The PowerFLARM Brick with display includes the rectangular display - as
shown on my web site he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/flarm.htm

The good news is that if you get the group discount, you nearly get the
standard display for free. You can then later decide if you want to get the
Butterfly Display57 that fits into a small 57 mm instrument hole.

I am pretty certain that most soaring software vendors will quickly support
the PowerFLARM's ADS-B and transponder traffic data. None do at this time.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old November 30th 10, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Nov 30, 2:34*pm, mattm wrote:
[...]

Your PDA won't go haywire - but it won't show a PCAS threat until the
vendors and Flarm update the interface API. This has been thought
about by Flarm - PowerFLARM should work with current PDA and flight
computer software to show Flarm traffic just fine.

Darryl

PowerFLARM Paul Remde Soaring 9 November 6th 10 04:30 AM
PowerFLARM Greg Arnold[_2_] Soaring 6 November 2nd 10 09:32 AM
OLC 2011 dhaluza Soaring 12 October 22nd 10 12:02 AM
OLC Scoring for 2011 Mike the Strike Soaring 9 October 17th 10 03:41 AM
2011 USA 18M Nationals 5 ugly Soaring 3 August 18th 10 04:52 AM