Help in deciding to do a leaseback

Old December 17th 03, 04:30 AM
Jeff

I had a plane on leaseback for a few months, never again.
the plane they got to replace mine, a month after I took it off lease back,
I came in one morning to go flying, and it was sitting in a ditch off the
side of the taxi way.

the guy was flying it on a night flight, and decided to take a shortcut or
something, but he wasnt following the little blue lights, and taxied into a
black spot, the prop was resting on one side of the ditch, the tail was on
the other side of the ditch, the wheels were in the air. prop was bent,
meaning an engine teardown and it looked as tho there was a wrinkle in the
tail section.

People will treat rentals alot worse then they treat their dogs.why...its
not theirs to fix. why should they care.

Thats why I own and dont lease back. I dont like flying some of that junk I
see sitting on the ramp nor letting people fly my plane and making it look
like that junk sitting on the ramp.

Rgrmstd wrote:

Greetings fellow pilots. I have a situaton at hand and am weighing some
options and thought that I have received good advice here before so I
figured I would try again. Here is my dilema..I am currently enrolled in
school to receive my commercial and CFI (as well as multi and CFII) I
have a great opportunity to purchase an airplane. I have talked to the
school about getting involved in the leaseback program. They are
encouraging that, however the plane I am looking at is a 1980 Piper
Dakota 236B. This plane has 235 horsepower. What I am wondering is if
the plane would fly enough to offset some of the cost of purchasing it.
I understand that it cannot be used for GA training. but I was wondering
if there was a big enough market out there on a rental basis that the
plane would fly enough to recoupe some financial outlay.
I am interested in what ya'all might think. Thanks for your help and as
always.....Happy Flying

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.