Pilot Withdrawl and Miscellaneous Ramblings

Old January 28th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Pilot Withdrawl and Miscellaneous Ramblings

CJ,

Those guys don't make squat for pay but they love to drink. Take them
out drinking a couple of times and you'll win them over. :^)

One more thing. You're doing Christian missionary work I presume? Did
you hear about the Christian Missionary that recently got gunned down
in Laos? Only a month or two ago I heard.

The Monk

Old January 28th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Flyingmonk wrote:
CJ,

Those guys don't make squat for pay but they love to drink. Take them
out drinking a couple of times and you'll win them over. :^)

One more thing. You're doing Christian missionary work I presume? Did
you hear about the Christian Missionary that recently got gunned down
in Laos? Only a month or two ago I heard.

The Monk

Christian, specifically LDS missionary. I did not hear about the one in
Laos, but I did hear about the two LDS missionaries that were shot in
Virginia a couple weeks ago. One of them died. And the two that died in
a head-on collision in Australia two days later. And about the Radio
Shack employee that was mistaken for an LDS missionary in Sande, Utah a
couple days ago who was jumped by a car full of thugs who beat him with
brass knuckles and hit him with the car.

I feel safer in Laoag than I do in the US! :-)

Old January 28th 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

CJ wrote:
Christian, specifically LDS missionary. I did not hear about the one in
Laos, but I did hear about the two LDS missionaries that were shot in
Virginia a couple weeks ago. One of them died. And the two that died in a head-on collision in Australia two days later. And about the Radio
Shack employee that was mistaken for an LDS missionary in Sande, Utah a couple days ago who was jumped by a car full of thugs who beat him with brass knuckles and hit him with the car.

I feel safer in Laoag than I do in the US! :-)

Wow You're a LDS? I was one for over 11 years, started in '81.
Slacked off since around '92. Went to Born again thingy for a little
while, didn't like that. Was a Buddhist monk for three months in 2003
(to get in touch with my roots).
http://www.laohub.com/modules.php?na...m=78 1&pos=43
or http://makeashorterlink.com/?V3C516B8C

Haven't attended church since.

The Monk

Old January 28th 06, 06:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Since you're LDS, scratch the buying them drink idea Hehehe...

The Monk

Old January 28th 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Since you're LDS, scratch the buying them drink idea Hehehe...

Hey, maybe you guys can address this for me.

There are lots of LDS here in Iowa City (a major road here is called "Mormon
Trek Drive"), and I've been itching to ask one of them this question: Now
that alcohol in moderation has been scientifically proven, in study after
study, to be beneficial to one's health, do you think the LDS are going to
change their stance against drinking?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 28th 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Can't speak for CJ, nor can I for the Church of JC and the LDS. I for
one couldn't adhere to all the rules. In '85 I started college and got
drunk and w/ all the girls there, well you know? Actually I got
started on all that sctivity while still in High School.

I don't think the church will change their position on the drinking,
but I have been known to be wrong on one or two occasions LOL. They
did publicly change their mind on the multiple wives thing.

I don't think too many people can adhere to all the rules of LDS or any
religion really. We are all human and we all give in to human
temptations. I managed to not smoke, drink nor have sex until late
Sorphomore year in High School, boy! was I hurting. Then I couldn't
hold my hormone any longer and the girls were wondering if I was gay.

BTW, cjcampbell is not one and the same Jim Campbell of the Zoom fame
correct?

The Monk

Old January 28th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
[...] Now that alcohol in moderation has been scientifically proven, in
study after study, to be beneficial to one's health, do you think the LDS
are going to change their stance against drinking?

I can't answer the question about what the Church of LDS might do, I have no
idea about them.

But why would the question of benefit to health affect religious beliefs?
Regardless of the original foundation of religious beliefs (as debated over
the eons), current established religious thinking is based on theological
philosophy, not medical science and benefits to health. This is especially
true for the more "conservative" (which is really just a code-word for
"literal" or "oppressive") varieties of the various religions.

Drinking is not the only activity prohibited by various religious shown to
have medical benefits, at least in moderation. I see no reason to expect
it, or any other similarly medically beneficial activity to be embraced by
any given religion.

Heck, some religions are specifically *against* any medical intervention at
all, even if there is no specific prohibition against a particular
intervention.

I have to say, I'm puzzled as to why you would think there's any connection
at all between medical research and religious conviction.

Pete

Old January 28th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay wrote,

... Now that alcohol in moderation has been scientifically proven, in
study after study, to be beneficial to one's health, ...

"Scientifically proven?" Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ... ha.

Ever heard, "scientists used to believe, but we now know ..."

Jon

Old January 28th 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jon Woellhaf wrote:

Jay wrote,

... Now that alcohol in moderation has been scientifically proven, in
study after study, to be beneficial to one's health, ...

"Scientifically proven?" Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ... ha.

Ever heard, "scientists used to believe, but we now know ..."

Yes, "scientifically proven" should always get your BS antenna up.

Matt
Old January 29th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:

Now
that alcohol in moderation has been scientifically proven, in study after
study, to be beneficial to one's health, do you think the LDS are going to
change their stance against drinking?

Sure. Right after the Methodists do.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.