Thrown out of an FBO...

Old November 19th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default PHIL Thrown out of an FBO...

Jose wrote:
Boy, I hate to be pedantic about this, but in a vacuum the heavier
object _will_ reach the surface of the earth faster than a lighter
one if both are released the same height above the ground.

That depends where they come from. If you pick up the feather
(leaving the stone on the ground), the stone's mass is part of the
Earth's mass.
If you then drop the feather and pick up the stone, the feather
becomes part of the Earth's mass for that experiment.

The total mass is the same.

But suppose the "stone" is half the earth!
Old November 19th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

"Grumman-581" wrote:
"Bob Noel" wrote in message
If the feather and hammer are dropped at the same time and are next
to each other. otoh - if the hammer is dropped at the true north pole
and the feather were dropped at the true south pole...

Ahhh, but more importantly, is the feather from an African or European
swallow...

I don't know!

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!
thud
Old November 20th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

But suppose the "stone" is half the earth!

F=gmm/r^2 = (m+m)a

You're right. mm is a max when m&m are equal.

Jose
--
"Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where
it keeps its brain." (chapter 10 of book 3 - Harry Potter).
Old November 20th 06, 07:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

Default Thrown out of an FBO...

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 08:18:50 -0700, Chris M wrote:
This conversation is no longer aviation related, so please take it to
another forum, perhaps alt.opinions.are.like.assholes

Welcome to USENET... Has anyone told you to **** off yet?
Old November 20th 06, 08:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Grumman-581" wrote)
This conversation is no longer aviation related, so please take it to
another forum, perhaps alt.opinions.are.like.assholes

Welcome to USENET... Has anyone told you to #%^* off yet?

We were pretty much all waiting for you to do it. g

MontBlue

Old November 20th 06, 09:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Grumman-581 wrote:
On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 08:18:50 -0700, Chris M wrote:
This conversation is no longer aviation related, so please take it to
another forum, perhaps alt.opinions.are.like.assholes

Welcome to USENET... Has anyone told you to **** off yet?

Today?

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old November 20th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

Default Try MS Instant Messenger ? [was Thrown out of an FBO...]

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:35:16 GMT, Larry Dighera
wrote:
With all due respect, is it possible you might consider censoring the
profanity from the articles you post to this worldwide forum.

I make every effort to choose the proper adjectives and adverbs for my
posts... In the cases where I choose to use profanity, I deem it the
most appropriate words for the thoughts that I am attempting to
convey...

Your use of profanity undermines any sense of responsibility
and dignity that might be conferred on airmen

Awh, perish the thought that someone reading this might consider
pilots merely human... Pilots come from all backgrounds... There's the
golfing ex- Air Force types and there's the cussing ex- Navy types...
I'm the latter...

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberry!
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!"

and casts you personally in an unflattering light, IMHO

Well, I guess I'm just old enough that I don't really care about such
things...
Old November 21st 06, 08:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger (K8RI)

Grumman-581 wrote:
On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 08:18:50 -0700, Chris M wrote:
This conversation is no longer aviation related, so please take it to
another forum, perhaps alt.opinions.are.like.assholes

Welcome to USENET... Has anyone told you to **** off yet?

Today?

Day's young.

I believe in associating with class. Some of my best friends have been
thrown out of some of the best bars in town.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old November 21st 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

news
wrote:
This conversation is no longer aviation related, so please take it to
another forum, perhaps alt.opinions.are.like.assholes

Welcome to USENET... Has anyone told you to **** off yet?

Today?

Day's young.

I believe in associating with class. Some of my best friends have been
thrown out of some of the best bars in town.

Ah...maybe that explains it! I keep getting thrown out of the sleazy dives