Mifflin Reg 2 Contest

Old May 23rd 05, 07:03 PM
Brian Glick

I am sure of that, and I was not attempting to run the sight down. ALL
soaring is better than none at all. What I thought was amusing and rather
distastefull, was to use the SSA contest sight for this kind of crap. I
wrote for the first time this year, and it is wholly wrong of me to take
such a shot on the SSA site. Good clean contest reporting, all the little
social things that go on at the sight, and a good flying to all, wherever
you may be. This thing of, "come fly here cause we are better" is not right,
and the contest volunteers feel that we put on a very nicely run event. No
one controls the weather, and we were due ours. This sight is not a sink
hole, and I take offense to anyone that hints to that effect. BTW, we have
had contests here the 3rd week in May for the last 10 years and would not
think of trying to draw down someone elses contest by scheduling any
different!!! Sports Nationals are here in 06, same time, same place. See you
there! As for Andy being "quiet and unassuming"......NOT IN THIS
LIFETIME!!!! Nor am I!!!!!!

Brian

"1MoClimb" wrote in message
oups.com...
Whoa, Brian, for a 'quiet unassuming wallflower' you sure know how to
let it fly! Your comments on Capt. Andy are of course completely
unjustified since Andy is another quiet unassuming wallflower...
Flying at Cordele can be very good, btw.

Herb, J7

Old May 23rd 05, 07:07 PM

Brian,

I think you need to go back and read the contest report from Cordelle
(May 16, 2005). The CD may very well have made the remark to which you
object. However, he is entitled to his opinion whether serious or in
jest. Further, you weren't there so you have a second hand report at
best. And finally, the CD isn't the one that wrote the contest report
and put it online; someone else did.

So is your problem with the CD that made the remark? Or the guy that
wrote about it? Or both?

I will note that both of them had better sense in choosing their
language. I think your exclaimation point key might be sticking.

BG MIFF wrote:
Region 2 at Mifflin is now over. We flew 6 out of 7 days and had a

great
time. I am happy to report that after several years of bad contest

weather,
the law of averages finally went our way, and we had a great week. I

will
also say that anyone who gave up on this site, did so much too soon.

We
crowned champions in 3 classes, and I have to say one young man with

his
first contest win, and he gained the ground to win on the last

day!!!!

I also saw a remark aimed at us by the Cordele contest earlier in the

week
that made me laugh. Seems that CD Capt. Andy Mc Quig made the comment

that
since we landed out over 30 gliders on a day that they launched 26

and
landed out only 1, that Cordele was the"prefered" place to fly. Seems

that
Andy's brain is fried a little more than usual, and that is bad. You

see
Andy, it seems that more people would rather come here and land out,

than
fly at Cordele at all!!!!!! Get your facts straight, grow up, and

keep these
stupid comments off the SSA official web site. That kind of crap is

not true
contest reporting, it is a bunch of BULL**** and you know

it!!!!!!!!!!

Brian Glick
"

Old May 24th 05, 02:16 AM
Gary

Brian

The CD was not the person writing the report. I would give the CD the
benefit of the doubt because he is being quoted. The weather has been
bad everywhere the last couple of years, it makes sense that a CD would
say at a pilots meeting that they were lucky to be there at that site
for that day if the weather was good. I don't think there's going
to be a mass exodus from Mifflin to Cordele based on a comment from The
Captain being the "preferred site".

What I find puzzling is your disdain for the Captain because he may
have slighted Mifflin as you trash Cordele.

Cordele is a great soaring site with great people.

Relax -- It's just a soaring report.

Gary

Old May 24th 05, 02:54 AM
Fred Mueller

Brian Glick plays a big part in the operation of any contest at Mifflin
and operations at Mifflin are second to none thanks to his management.
He'll also tow you just about any day of the week in one of the finest
towplanes on the east coast. I thought it odd that a Cordele contest
report would gloat over numerous landouts at Mifflin. Mifflin is first
class soaring supported by a first class organization in which he
rightfully takes pride.

Other people to thank...

Iris Striedieck manages a contest so well she makes it look easy, and we
shouldn't forget that it is hard work that she does very well.

John Good kept his glider in the box all week in order to devote the
necessary energy to doing an outstanding job as CD. Charlie would be proud.

Richard Kellerman's (QV) weather briefs are the best in the business and
he educates you along the way.

There's more, but those are just a few of the notable people that made
Mifflin so great this year.

FM

Old May 24th 05, 03:01 AM

The problem is there are too many damn Yankees at Mifflin. I feel the
good ole boys should be allowed to fly for free to bring a bit of class
to the site. Hooooooeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Old May 24th 05, 02:17 PM
BGMIFF

Henry

Do you want grits and Livermush as well????

oups.com...

Old May 24th 05, 04:25 PM

Brian...I don't think we met ya...but mention grits and livermush
together and you get a big kiss from the wife (her first words were
mushmush). What I want is yo daddy fried fish. Don't forget that kiss
my honey promise, it's haftway to Cordele. Love y'al

Old June 1st 05, 05:14 AM
John Bojack

Brian....don't have a cow, man!

You've taken a joking comment waaaaay too far out of context. There was no
'dis' intended. It was just a JOKE told at a pilot's meeting, and I take
full responsibility for 'reporting' it. Had no idea this sort of thing
would crop up on ras as a result! Sheesh!

Your rude comments may have done more to harm Mifflin's reputation than
defend it.

My apologies to Andy McQuigg for even getting this mess started in the first
place.

J4