certificate

Old August 29th 03, 08:35 PM
rue_blondel

Default certificate

Three weeks ago I sent the FAA two bucks and now I have my new super
cool centennial certificate.

For whoever asked about them earlier, there is a strip on the back like
on credit cards for the airman's signature.

Here's my dilemma: I want to keep it but I will be taking more checkrides.
Say I take the commercial next year but instead of giving up my centennial
card, I hand in my old paper certificate. Will some Okie eagle eye spot
this and bust me, or can I keep the Wright Bros. one forever that way?
Old August 29th 03, 10:10 PM
H. A. Smith

"Ted Huffmire" wrote in message
You could always say that you
had misplaced it but then found it
later. Better to play it safe.

rue_blondel wrote:

Three weeks ago I sent the FAA two bucks and now I have my new super
cool centennial certificate.

For whoever asked about them earlier, there is a strip on the back like
on credit cards for the airman's signature.

Here's my dilemma: I want to keep it but I will be taking more

checkrides.
Say I take the commercial next year but instead of giving up my

centennial
card, I hand in my old paper certificate. Will some Okie eagle eye spot
this and bust me, or can I keep the Wright Bros. one forever that way?

When I got my last certificate the DE asked that the FAA return the original
to me since it was an original issuance. I did not ask him to do this but
he thought I might like to have it since I had been packing it around since
1985. The original (with a hole punched in it) came back to me along with
the new certificate. I'm sure you could ask the same thing.

Old August 30th 03, 05:03 PM
Greg Goodknight

rue_blondel wrote:

[...]

I wish I'd known to ask for this. Surrendered my 1974 original in 2002 after
my instrument practical, got a xerox copy but the old one is gone forever.

-Greg

Old August 31st 03, 12:42 AM
Robert M. Gary

Terry Miles wrote in message . ..
Do not hand in the old paper certificate. It became void when you

received your new one. I doubt the FAA would be amused.

How do they tell the difference?

-Robert