Need replacement medical certificate

Old January 31st 05, 06:44 PM
Ben Smith

Default Need replacement medical certificate

My vehicle was broken into a couple weeks ago, and I don't mind the $75 CD
player being taken, the butt-munch took my bag of flight gear!

In the bag were my (2) H10-13.4 headsets, kneeboard, charts, checklists,
LOGBOOK, and my medical certificate. Luckily I had a fairly recent copy of
my logbook. And I should be able to re-buy a lot of these things, less my
$500 deductible...

I've been watching eBay for the headsets.

Anyway.. Venting complete..

I called my AME, and he said he can't re-issue my certificate, I have to go
thru OKC. Anyone done this before?

TIA

--
Ben
C-172 - N13258 @ 87Y

Old January 31st 05, 07:20 PM
Chris

"Ben Smith" wrote in message
My vehicle was broken into a couple weeks ago, and I don't mind the $75 CD
player being taken, the butt-munch took my bag of flight gear!

In the bag were my (2) H10-13.4 headsets, kneeboard, charts, checklists,
LOGBOOK, and my medical certificate. Luckily I had a fairly recent copy
of
my logbook. And I should be able to re-buy a lot of these things, less my
$500 deductible...

I've been watching eBay for the headsets.

Anyway.. Venting complete..

I called my AME, and he said he can't re-issue my certificate, I have to
go
thru OKC. Anyone done this before?

Why don't you just have a new medical done. OK its a few $$ but it could
save a lot of hassle. Try claiming that on the insurance too.

Old January 31st 05, 07:54 PM
Withheld By Request

It's all on the FAA's web site:

http://www.cami.jccbi.gov/AAM-300/amcdfaq.html

Take a look at #17 on that page.

Old January 31st 05, 10:13 PM
Scott D.

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:44:50 -0600, "Ben Smith"
wrote:

I called my AME, and he said he can't re-issue my certificate, I have to go
thru OKC. Anyone done this before?

TIA

If you call the (405) 954-9922 number for OKC, they will actually fax
you a 90 day certificate while they mail you a new one. It is fairly
easy to do, but expect a wait for the one to come in the mail. When I
had to get something changed on mine, it took them almost the entire
90 days before the other came in the mail.

Scott D

To email remove spamcatcher